Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT-help need to identify a song
Posted by: GimmieChris ()
Date: August 7, 2011 22:43

Hello all, I was listening to the radio the other day (a classic rock station) and a song came on the radio in which the singer sounded a lot like John Lennon (it was not a Beatles song).The lyrics had something like "I want to keep on holding you" (or something like that),any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Re: OT-help need to identify a song
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: August 7, 2011 22:52

it's very easy to ID a song having an EXACT quote from it - just googling. shitty japanese pop is all one can get with a phrase "I want to keep on holding you".
maybe someone else will help.

I love guessing songs that way - way to train your memory! - but your hints are terrible ;-)

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: August 7, 2011 22:54

Keep on loving you by REO Speedwagon?

Date: August 7, 2011 22:58

Braincapers
Keep on loving you by REO Speedwagon?
no not reo speedwagon

Date: August 7, 2011 23:01

Amused
it's very easy to ID a song having an EXACT quote from it - just googling. shitty japanese pop is all one can get with a phrase "I want to keep on holding you".
maybe someone else will help.

I love guessing songs that way - way to train your memory! - but your hints are terrible ;-)
that's the part of the problem a lot of songs have similar lyrics...japanese pop? never heard any ,you speak japanese?

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: August 7, 2011 23:41

Tempo, fast? Slow? Can you give a bit more of the feel of the song?

Date: August 8, 2011 00:02

DaveG
Tempo, fast? Slow? Can you give a bit more of the feel of the song?
the tempo is moderate ..not too fast or slow...there is some acoustic guitar on it I honestly thought it was a beatles/Lenon solo song but it is not ,I tried to get the name or artist but could not.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 8, 2011 00:07

GimmieChris
Hello all, I was listening to the radio the other day (a classic rock station) and a song came on the radio in which the singer sounded a lot like John Lennon (it was not a Beatles song).The lyrics had something like "I want to keep on holding you" (or something like that),any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

You could try emailing the station, give them the day, approximate time of day etc....they should have a play list........then listen to each one on youtube until you find the one.............

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: August 8, 2011 00:09

next time listen to the lyrics and google it

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 992
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home