Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Why isn't Bill Wyman on this board?
Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: July 29, 2011 19:41

Listening to the great No expectations live recording from LA 1973 on Youtube I wondered why Bill Wyman is not on this board.He has always claimed that he appreciated to stay in touch with the fans, and he could answer many questions.

As the Stones' archivist he surely knows if there are soundboard recordings and movies of the early years, and he could tell us how they are preserved (even if the Stones are not willing to release them.

To me he seems the most interesting member to ask questions. If I were allowed to ask him just two quastions I would ask:

- Are there soundboard recordings of rarely played songs from 1972/73 like Ventilator blues, Torn & frayed, Sweet black angel, No expectations, Silver train, 100 years ago?

- Is the concert from Empire Wembley Pool, September 1973, whichw as filmed professionally, still in the Stones archives?

So, what would you like to ask Bill about the Stones' archive treasures if you had the opportunity? (Only serious questions, please).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-29 19:44 by saltoftheearth.

Re: Why isn't Bill Wyman on this board?
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 29, 2011 19:44

You never know, maybe one of the cool (non troll) members here is him.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 29, 2011 19:45

Could you imagine the deluge of questions, requests, etc. if Bill were here ?

Could be that he lurks.

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: July 29, 2011 19:57

Bill collects about anything about his past with the Stones,is still great friends with all Stones, but he seems not genuinely interested in what is happening to the band nowadays. Bill sometimes talks about his past, but I have never heard him speaking about this board.

[www.paulinestroosnijder.com]

Posted by: mfb ()
Date: July 29, 2011 20:31

more sensible if he set up his own place to do it, but love the idea!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 29, 2011 20:47

This is Bill Wyman, and I am very disappointed that more discussion has not happened on what are obviously the Rolling Stones' two best tracks: In Another Land and Downtown Suzie. Also, if anyone is in the market for a metal detector please e-mail me privately. I would especially enjoy hearing from females under the age of 20.

PS: Mick Taylor was a much better guitar player than Ron Wood. I should know.

Love...Bill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-29 20:54 by 71Tele.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: July 29, 2011 20:52

No, I'm Bill Wyman. Read my posts, I'm always biased towards the Brian Jones years.

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: July 29, 2011 21:00

I am Bill Wyman.

Date: July 29, 2011 21:01

I am Bill Wyman.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: July 29, 2011 21:04

I am Cornholio.

Date: July 29, 2011 21:07

ineedadrink
I am Cornholio.

Beevis!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 29, 2011 21:12

ineedadrink
I am Cornholio.
does that mean you need tp for your bunghole?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 29, 2011 21:20

Will the real Bill Wyman please stand up ?

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: July 29, 2011 21:20

BluzDude
ineedadrink
I am Cornholio.
does that mean you need tp for your bunghole?
are you threatening me? i am the great Cornholio! you must bow down to the Almighty bunghole!

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: July 29, 2011 21:21

saltoftheearth
Listening to the great No expectations live recording from LA 1973 on Youtube I wondered why Bill Wyman is not on this board.He has always claimed that he appreciated to stay in touch with the fans, and he could answer many questions.

As the Stones' archivist he surely knows if there are soundboard recordings and movies of the early years, and he could tell us how they are preserved (even if the Stones are not willing to release them.

To me he seems the most interesting member to ask questions. If I were allowed to ask him just two quastions I would ask:

- Are there soundboard recordings of rarely played songs from 1972/73 like Ventilator blues, Torn & frayed, Sweet black angel, No expectations, Silver train, 100 years ago?

Better ask this question! Why isn't the Rolling Stones on this board anymore!

- Is the concert from Empire Wembley Pool, September 1973, whichw as filmed professionally, still in the Stones archives?

So, what would you like to ask Bill about the Stones' archive treasures if you had the opportunity? (Only serious questions, please).

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: July 29, 2011 21:51

Believe it or not if you go to www.billwyman.com you can ask Bill a question through his connection at, billwyman@live.co.uk

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 29, 2011 22:47

will the real Bill Wyman please stand up?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 29, 2011 22:51

He's not the son of God...he's a very naughty boy!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 29, 2011 22:54

saltoftheearth
Listening to the great No expectations live recording from LA 1973 on Youtube I wondered why Bill Wyman is not on this board.

because he quit the Stones 20 years ago, is 74 years old, has a family, a life and other interests to occupy his time?

the answer to the two questions you want to ask him, incidentally, are both 'yes'. The first one anyway for sure, and probably the second.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: July 29, 2011 23:01

Edith Grove
Could you imagine the deluge of questions, requests, etc. if Bill were here ?

Could be that he lurks.

It's like Peter Frampton's facebook page - he's got half a million 'likes' on it and he actually posts on there once every few days. Cannot not believe some of the nuts on there. He had three days off on his tour and says 'don't call me, I'm tired' or something, and bunch of women come on and say 'can I just stop by then'. Of course, I'm one of the nuts because I ask him if I can run one of his Framptone talk boxes through a bass guitar. Strangely no reply from Pete...winking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 30, 2011 01:49

I don't buy that Bill is completely divorced from the Rolling Stones business entity. He may have things in his possession that they would prefer not be known so that they can market them later, such as recordings both audio and visual. If he took part in those recordings then he obviously stands to benefit from their sale at some future point. Conversely he doesn't have the legal right to release them on his own, so he doesn't benefit unless the group as a whole agrees to a release. At this point he's probably trying to figure out what will happen to his archives when he is gone. If he hadn't been prudent with his money, he might have been forced to sell a lot of them. And I'm sure we'll all intrigued as to what he actually possesses.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 30, 2011 01:58

If I was in the stones, this is the last F*ckin place I'd go.

Date: July 30, 2011 02:06

24FPS
I don't buy that Bill is completely divorced from the Rolling Stones business entity.

You're correct. He's not.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 30, 2011 02:15

I'm very intrigued by Gazza's answer that both questions are yes (at least the first one for sure). I always like his posts and trust him. Hope he is right, and these treasures will reach the fans.

Date: July 30, 2011 02:59

Thanks, Frank - well, the vasty majority of shows that the Stones have done in the last 40 years would have been recorded and (unless theyve been destroying tapes) would exist as a soundboard, even if its only in a raw, unmixed form.

As for the '73 video footage, have read a few times that it was filmed, so unless the tapes are unusable through decay, I cant imagine why theyd have thrown it out. They have a warehouse in London that stores all this stuff.

Date: July 30, 2011 04:29

Gazza
Thanks, Frank - well, the vasty majority of shows that the Stones have done in the last 40 years would have been recorded and (unless theyve been destroying tapes) would exist as a soundboard, even if its only in a raw, unmixed form.

As for the '73 video footage, have read a few times that it was filmed, so unless the tapes are unusable through decay, I cant imagine why theyd have thrown it out. They have a warehouse in London that stores all this stuff.

I say we find this warehouse, break in, and liberate the '73 footage. SLA. Stones Libertaion Army.

Date: July 30, 2011 05:20

71Tele
Gazza

I say we find this warehouse, break in, and liberate the '73 footage. SLA. Stones Libertation Army.

seconded.. SLA!!

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: July 30, 2011 05:27

Yeah...storm the vaults.....call in the navy seals...were going in!!

Date: July 30, 2011 05:47

ohcarol
Yeah...storm the vaults.....call in the navy seals...were going in!!

Finally, something we can all agree on.

Posted by: nobs ()
Date: July 30, 2011 06:03

What @#$%& Rolling Stone would waste their time looking at this pointless crap?? Wake up and look at the world normally!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2051
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home