Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith on board of Nelson`s ship.
Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: July 28, 2011 20:27

They say, Keith Richards caused understandable buzz when appeared, but was charming and down-to earth.

Keith visits HMS Victory

Re: Keith on board of Nelson`s ship.
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 28, 2011 20:56

Always nice to see Keith, thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: July 28, 2011 21:06

I guess that means he won't be playing with Bobby Keys in NYC tonight. He's looking good, though.

Date: July 28, 2011 21:10

Fiftyamp, Keith was there yesterday - who knows where he can be now)

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 28, 2011 21:13

Very cool report. Thanks Kater.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 28, 2011 21:18

probably he was on Micks birthday bash, talking about The Tour......
just dreaming, but my gut feeling says he was not
bye
jeroen

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 28, 2011 21:25

Nice to hear that he was charming and friendly with the staff. Now if he can just try some of that charm on Mick.smoking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 28, 2011 21:27

So Willie finally bought a ship to be able to smoke weed to his hearts content, away from the long arm of the law????

no...no... no... I read that Nelson is Lord Nelson... and... for those who dont know... read it here... and here...

[www.hms-victory.com] [www.telegraph.co.uk]

Victory, which was built between 1759 and 1765 and is best known for her role in the Battle of Trafalgar. The Battle of Trafalgar was one of the most decisive naval actions in British history as it established Britain's supremacy at sea and freed the country from the long-held fear of invasion from Napoleon's armies.

The battle off Cape Trafalgar, in southern Spain, pitched the Royal Navy against the combined fleets of France and Spain. Nelson died after he was shot by a French marksman as he stood on the quarterdeck of HMS Victory.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-28 21:32 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: July 28, 2011 22:24

Silver Dagger,you`re welcome!)
Max'sKansasCity, thanks for info. There it is said, the authorities could give the ship to some private owner, it`s a shame((...

Date: July 28, 2011 22:30

kater-v
Max'sKansasCity, thanks for info. There it is said, the authorities could give the ship to some private owner, it`s a shame((...

You are welcome, it is my pleasure...
and thank you for giving us a Keith sighting smiling smiley that is always appreciated.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: July 28, 2011 22:47

Any fan of historical nautical fiction of the great age of sailing warships would want to see that famous ship. I have read 100+ of those books. It was through ships like that that England ruled the seas and much of the world in the 18th and 19th centuries. If I ever get back to England that ship will be on my list of things to see. The American equivalent, I suppose, is the USS Constitution which is still a commissioned ship of the US Navy. I am sure Keith enjoyed his private tour. I sure would.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 28, 2011 23:01

Good to see him, good to see anyone ....(of the band) grinning smiley

now ain't it time to set the sails again?

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: July 28, 2011 23:21

Down here, in Uruguay, we have another of NelsonĀ“s favourite ships: the AGGAMENNON sank very near the coast in what is today a very famous place for vacations: Punta del Este, (where Ron Wood stayed last summer)

Date: July 28, 2011 23:25

open-g
Good to see him, good to see anyone ....(of the band) grinning smiley

now ain't it time to set the sails again?

I dont know man.... dang.... I'd love to see em again... but lately Keith sure does look happy just doing the "retired thing"... talking, but not playing, on TV shows... smiling, but not playing, while picking up silly awards... just having fun... looking kind of... I dont know... looking retired...

Look at that smile... not a care, or concern, in the world..... beautiful wife... great kids... succesful... rich... he does not appear to be in a hurry to do anything... He just looks happy to be Keith Richards, a man loved by many... even if he never does another thing, but pose for pictures and sign autographs... I suppose I cant blame him.

THAT WAS NOT A PREDICTION... IT WAS SIMPLY A VIBE I GET FROM THAT PICTURE.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-28 23:31 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 28, 2011 23:31

>>THAT WAS NOT A PREDICTION... IT WAS SIMPLY A VIBE I GET FROM THAT PICTURE.<<

I'd rather see it as a welcome-aboard-smile for the rest of the band.
check the rigging, load the cannons, set the sails - we've got a tour & album to do.

Date: July 28, 2011 23:32

I'd rather see it as a welcome-aboard-smile for the rest of the band.
check the rigging, load the cannons, set the sails - we've got a tour & album to do.

Lets hope.... Lets hope smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-28 23:34 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 29, 2011 00:08

He's checking out the new props for the next tour..........................................."friggin' in the rigging" !

sc uk

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: July 29, 2011 18:07

pmk251
Any fan of historical nautical fiction of the great age of sailing warships would want to see that famous ship. I have read 100+ of those books. It was through ships like that that England ruled the seas and much of the world in the 18th and 19th centuries. If I ever get back to England that ship will be on my list of things to see. The American equivalent, I suppose, is the USS Constitution which is still a commissioned ship of the US Navy. I am sure Keith enjoyed his private tour. I sure would.

I work about 2 blocks from the USS Constitution. I'll keep an eye out for him, should he decide to tour it too!smiling smiley

Date: July 29, 2011 19:14

WMiller

I work about 2 blocks from the USS Constitution. I'll keep an eye out for him, should he decide to tour it too!smiling smiley

Please do, maybe Keith is on a tour of the Tall Ships thumbs up.

btw- Isnt it amazing how these Tall Ships have been maintained to last over 200 years, while I read some new naval ships are rusting out before they have seen a day of service. [hamptonroads.com]

Wind power > Nuke power (for Mother Earth anyway)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-29 19:18 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 29, 2011 21:09

Well if he's into tall ships,he can come to San Francisco and visit the Balclutha.

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: July 30, 2011 01:35

I wonder where Mick is, and if Keith is going to get together with him and Charlie and Ronnie while he's in England.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 30, 2011 12:00

always love seeing that man smile - thanks for posting

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: July 30, 2011 12:53

Nice to see Keith having a real good time. I gotta agree on the vibe of Max'sKansasCity.
Keith looks like everything's been accomplished and he's required to do nothing more if he doesn't feel like it.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: July 30, 2011 13:05

They will tour on a ship next 2012

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2099
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home