Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: OT: Explosion in Oslo. Everyone Ok?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 25, 2011 22:18

Please use the "Edit post" and remove any comments you have done regarding politics. This is important. Thank you.

Today is the day of silence and remembering in Norway. By 12 noon we stood still in memory for one minute all over the Nordic countries. The city hall clock stroke 12 but it did not play it's usual bell song at noon today. The traffic halted, trains stood still, and even web sites changed into one minute of silence.

I went to Oslo by 6pm to join in with everyone who walked in memory of those who were taken away from us. It was planned as a city walk with roses, but there were so many people we could not move. So there were 150.000 people at the City Hall square arrangement and more hundreds of thousands all over the city walking with roses, because the city hall square was full. To the parlament building, and to the church dome where many flowers have been placed over the past few days. These are some of the images I made of my city walk today.

Flowers outside the Oslo Dome Church:

City Hall with 150,000 people gathered today with roses:

Parlament building with thousands walking by on their way to the church:

Parlament gates with flowers:

Everything was so quiet today. And at the one minute silence all we could hear was the birds. The seagull cried. Out of tears.

Thanks from the nice thoughts from everyone.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-25 22:21 by bv.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 25, 2011 22:19

bv
Please show respect by NOT using this thread for discussing events or positics, and please use the Edit Post link under your post if you did so. Now. Thanks.

As for politics, such discussions are NOT accepted on IORR, not here, not in this thread, not anywhere else. There are thousands sites left wing right wing hate no hate and so on where you can take such discussions, but not here.

In Norway we simply say the country will be the same as before. We will have the same freedom of speach and the same open country and they say they want to keep the camp - take back the camp. We do not want armed police in the streets and in camps and rules for what to do and where to go at all times. Norway will be the same democracy as before. Our King Harald of Norway just said in public exactly the same as the priminister today, we will continue the country as it was before. Terror will never win.

I do not want any discussions about the person or persons who did it here. It is a well known info read all over the news. For us it is time to move on, and to remember there are hundreds of parents, brothers, sisters and friends who have a hard time and a sad day. Not time for hate, but time for thoughts and respect.

Thank you.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 26, 2011 03:01

As reported today, police have reduced the death toll from the youth camp massacre to 68 from 86.

The total losses from both events is down to 76 from 93.

[ Norway Attacks ]

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 26, 2011 06:14

Whatever his name is? he seems to be quite sure of himself..Rrrr..well, the way the Pecking order goes in jail that'll be soon knocked outta him..ya' can be sure of that

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 26, 2011 11:26

colonial
Pecking order goes in jail that'll be soon knocked outta him..ya' can be sure of that

Not in Norway, no, nomatter if the other prisoners wanted to.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 26, 2011 11:46

One would think that things like this just don't happen in countries like Norway. But they do. Times are changing and I am really scared of the things that might come, seeing this kind of violence that I don't understand.

There is not much to say. My deepest sympathy to those who lost their loved ones.

Date: July 26, 2011 13:58

The gathering in Oslo yesterday was beautiful. 150.000 people showing that love will prevail, no matter what.

For everybody that cries for revenge, death penalty, lynching etc.: No killing should be allowed in any case, imo. If everybody is thinking like that, there will be no killing in the world. Think about that for a second.

My thoughts are with the victims, their families and friends.

BTW, I was outside the Government Quarters approximately 45 minutes before the explosion.

Date: July 26, 2011 14:03

DandelionPowderman
BTW, I was outside the Government Quarters approximately 45 minutes before the explosion.

Oh man, what a scary feeling this must be for you.

-------------------

Date: July 26, 2011 16:32

Good to hear you're OK, D-Powderman

I usually wait for the bus at the buss-stop at the government quarters, just where the bomb went off - often at 3-4 o'clock, but; wasn't in Oslo in July.

....they have to tear down one or several of government buildings due to the damages now, I hear

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-26 17:03 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: July 26, 2011 17:14

As a norwegian, I'm ashamed and worried by the fact that a fellow norwegian was capable of doing such a horrific crime against his fellow countrymen and women. On the other side I'm utterly proud of how the norwegian people has reacted to the whole incident. And especially the ones directly involved and also the heads of state. It clearly shows that such acts of terror won't change our democracy and way of living.
If anything, this has generated even more togetherness and sense of unity amongst both native norwegians and norwegians with a foreign background. The people of Norway will be even more united than before.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 26, 2011 18:55

I have edited all my posts. I still think it's a pitty though that we can't talk about it. It's the worst terrorist act in modern Scandinavian history. For me talking about it is a way of dealing with it and processing thoughts, facts and deeper emotions. But I will stick to BV:s rules.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 26, 2011 20:12

The whole world has seen the fantastic reaction of the norwegian people. That mad man wanted to create chaos, you reacted with dignity....you should be proud.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 26, 2011 21:42

Harm
The whole world has seen the fantastic reaction of the norwegian people. That mad man wanted to create chaos, you reacted with dignity....you should be proud.

Exactly, as the Norwegian contributors in this thread particularly show. I think everyone in the world should learn something of it.

- Doxa

Date: July 26, 2011 21:44

Harm and Doxa, wonderful what you said. I couldn't agree more.

-------------------

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 26, 2011 21:50

Harm

thumbs up

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 26, 2011 22:00

Yes, what happened in Norway could have happened anywhere, and has happened in other places....but Norway's reaction is a great lesson for showing the power of good over evil.

Date: July 27, 2011 15:36

I found it very funny and touching when the mayor of Oslo did his speach yesterday; saying that "well we did caught the killer - and now we're gonna go our best to give him a BIG punishment".....which reminded us of the American western movies; "....and the punishment will be; more democracy - more freedom -and more understanding and love. That'll serve him right! "

Date: July 27, 2011 17:04

Erik, I admire the people in Norway that they can see it the way you described. You can be proud of yourselves.

-------------------

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 27, 2011 17:11

Erik_Snow
I found it very funny and touching when the mayor of Oslo did his speach yesterday; saying that "well we did caught the killer - and now we're gonna go our best to give him a BIG punishment".....which reminded us of the American western movies; "....and the punishment will be; more democracy - more freedom -and more understanding and love. That'll serve him right! "

When fanatics like this try to get you to hate people - don't give them what they want!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 27, 2011 19:31

Erik_Snow
What's so funny about peace,love and understanding?

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: July 27, 2011 20:04

sweetcharmedlife
Erik_Snow

Have a look at the faces of people who feel peace, love and understanding. Compare them with faces of people, who are haters or murderers. And sure it is a little "funny" to answer hatred with love. You can understand this with a little cup of good will. But if you find "funny" the wrong word, please help Erik and give us a better one.

Peace.

HighwireC

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 27, 2011 21:47

sweetcharmedlife
Erik_Snow

You obviosly didn't get Erik's point. His "funny" remark didn't refer to that.

- Doxa

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: July 27, 2011 23:05

Remember that english is not our native language, so some of the words may be directly transelated and can be misunderstod or it is another way to say something. For myself - the only time I'm writing in english is on the IORR pages.
I was in the senter of Oslo for the first time since the bomb today and looked at the flowers and the damages.
Good to see you here again, Bård (DandelionPowderman)

Per-Arne

Date: July 27, 2011 23:35

Doxa
sweetcharmedlife
Erik_Snow

You obviosly didn't get Erik's point. His "funny" remark didn't refer to that.

- Doxa
You've obviously never heard of the Nick Lowe song by the same name either That's what I was referring to. I actually agree with what Erik said.

Date: July 28, 2011 00:10

-------------------

Date: July 28, 2011 07:09

Rolling Hansie

Thank you Hansie. I never meant any disrespect in any way. I just know Erik a little bit and thought he might get that reference.thumbs up

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 28, 2011 17:29

HighwireC
SwayStones
IMO, bv should close that thread.
Too much honor is done to the so called AB by mentioning his name here .

"Honor"?

I can't believe, that to shut ears, eyes and brain will help against those bastards.

"AB" bombend and shot against free political discussion, he murdered dozends of younger members of a political party.

And we shall name politics "shit" and stop it now?

Keep your eyes peeled!

As Per-Arne wrote ,I quote ,"Remember that english is not our native language, so some of the words may be directly transelated and can be misunderstod or it is another way to say something. "

I didn't mean at all to shut ears,eyes & brain .
What I meant was something like " I want to think more about the poor people who lost a child or a relative ,than to read the CV of the killer "

You don't know me but I am always the one who says " Never forget" about September the 11th and about the Holocaust .

And I think we should never forget about any terrorist attacks ,from whereever it occurs .

Do you understand me now ?

Cheers from France ,
Sway .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: July 28, 2011 18:54

sweetcharmedlife
I never meant any disrespect in any way.

I absolutely believe you. Thanks for mentioning it.

-------------------

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: July 28, 2011 19:40

Yes, very sad for Norway, but very proud of you too.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: July 28, 2011 19:45

I feel so sad for the people of Norway. I hope the government shoots him! Let him have the same fate. My heart goes all to all the people of Norway, hope it never happens again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-28 19:46 by tipps.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2230
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home