Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: I'm Going all out on Next Stones Tour..Are you?
Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 21, 2012 16:18

I'll just wait until the videos of this tour make youtube, pay nothing, and not have to hear people disrespectfully singing at the top of their lungs standing next to me as if i paid the outlandish ticket price to hear them and their obese wives sing instead of the band.grinning smiley

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 21, 2012 16:23

arthritis
I'll just wait until the videos of this tour make youtube, pay nothing, and not have to hear people disrespectfully singing at the top of their lungs standing next to me as if i paid the outlandish ticket price to hear them and their obese wives sing instead of the band.grinning smiley

That brings up an interesting point. At these prices, can you imagine how heated all of the Sit Down vs Stand Up arguments are going to be?

"Sit down, jackass! I didn't pay $47,250 to look at YOU dance all night!"
"F__k you, old man! I paid $82,650 to be here, and if I wanna dance, I'm gonna dance!"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 16:28 by tatters.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 21, 2012 16:27

tatters
arthritis

That brings up an interesting point. At these prices, can you imagine how heated all of the Sit Down vs Stand Up arguments are going to be?

"Sit down, ass hole! I didn't pay $47,250 to look at your ugly ass all night!"
"F--k you, old man! I paid $82,650 to be here, and if I wanna dance, I'm gonna dance1"

on a positive note, for those nearby, even if the show sucks, these sideshow episodes will represent money well-spent....

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: November 21, 2012 18:00

If (when) the tour continues into the new year I got my list ready:

1)In the pit somewhere

2)At a festival (glasto with any luck)

3)South East Asia

4) Couple of dates on the North American Leg (MSG?)

(god and Wallet willing that is)

\m/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 18:20 by Monkeytonkman.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 21, 2012 18:06

tatters
arthritis

"F__k you, old man! I paid $82,650 to be here, and if I wanna dance, I'm gonna dance!"

Now THAT is funny!

Date: November 21, 2012 18:08

tatters
arthritis

I heat THAT

\m/

Date: November 21, 2012 18:10

What's worse than honky tonk woman? Hearing every fat housewife in your section singing the chorus of honky tonk woman then yelling "Wooooo!" as loud as they ####ing can.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 21, 2012 18:16

Jeez arthritis, I have to say, you sound like a bit of a stick in the mud, probably better that you don't go. What do you expect people to do at a concert, sit quietly and reverently the whole time, pausing only to clap when the band finishes a song?

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: November 21, 2012 18:16

All out? Hell, no. I'm not going through the expense of the NY shows, instead waiting for a Toronto show. If there is one, I will definitely be seeking some kind of bargain - maybe even holding out while they play Start Me Up, You Got me Rocking & Doom & Gloom so I can make a scalper sweat.

I will certainly be paying attention to the five shows coming up to see if it's worth it. My fingers are crossed hoping that they pull it off.

Date: November 21, 2012 18:20

latebloomer
Jeez arthritis, I have to say, you sound like a bit of a stick in the mud, probably better that you don't go. What do you expect people to do at a concert, sit quietly and reverently the whole time, pausing only to clap when the band finishes a song?

i think the stones have earned the right to our reverence, don't you?

Date: November 21, 2012 18:33

StonesTod
latebloomer

Like Keith, I bow before no one, but I do consider it my God-given right to get up and dance when the music moves me. hot smiley

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 21, 2012 18:36

colonial
With the word out on the street that it may be the last Stones tour im playing it safe..by going all out and take in as many concerts and buy up as much as possible with no expense spared..Are you?

Enjoy your undiscriminatorial hyper-consumerism.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: November 21, 2012 18:36

latebloomer
StonesTod
latebloomer

Like Keith, I bow before no one, but I do consider it my God-given right to get up and dance when the music moves me.

but if you stink at dancing then that's not really fair to those around you...and the problem with bad dancers is that they have no idea. (seinfeld reference)

Date: November 21, 2012 18:43

StonesTod
latebloomer
StonesTod
latebloomer

Like Keith, I bow before no one, but I do consider it my God-given right to get up and dance when the music moves me.

but if you stink at dancing then that's not really fair to those around you...and the problem with bad dancers is that they have no idea. (seinfeld reference)

Or bad singers. Everyone thinks they are a star these days.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 21, 2012 18:45

arthritis
What's worse than honky tonk woman? Hearing every fat housewife in your section singing the chorus of honky tonk woman then yelling "Wooooo!" as loud as they ####ing can.

I prefer every fat housewife in all sections singing the chorus of Honky Tonk Women...

Date: November 21, 2012 18:49

JumpinJackOLantern
StonesTod
latebloomer
StonesTod
latebloomer

LOL, well I wouldn't want that...but seriously, there isn't much room to move around in front of your seat, so how bad can the dancing be? Besides, unless you are unfortunate enough to be seated next to a total idiot, who's paying attention to the person next to them? People are there to have a good time.

Date: November 21, 2012 18:49

I'll take the section with all the fat housewives. Ta >grinning smiley<

\m/

Date: November 21, 2012 18:52

latebloomer
JumpinJackOLantern
StonesTod
latebloomer
StonesTod
latebloomer

LOL, well I wouldn't want that...but seriously, there isn't much room to move around in front of your seat, so how bad can the dancing be? Besides, unless you are unfortunate enough to be seated next to a total idiot, who's paying attention to the person next to them? People are there to have a good time.

some of us are there to take copious notes on every note misplayed. bad dancers detract from that.

Date: November 21, 2012 18:55

latebloomer
JumpinJackOLantern
StonesTod
latebloomer
StonesTod
latebloomer

For the cost of these tickets you should be able to do cartwheels in the aisles! Knock yourself out! I will be in my recliner watching on PPV, at least on the 15th.

Date: November 21, 2012 19:00

latebloomer

If everybody behaved like me at concerts it would be dead silent.grinning smiley

I figure, i go to listen. Since the advent of youtube i'll never go to a concert again. So the people can scream at each other all they want and i don't care.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 21, 2012 19:08

colonial
With the word out on the street that it may be the last Stones tour im playing it safe..by going all out and take in as many concerts and buy up as much as possible with no expense spared..Are you?

Well, coupled with your belief that these five shows coming up shortly are ever so reasonably priced, as in your thread here ....

[www.iorr.org]

.... we can safely assume that you're going to all five, and as the face value of the UK shows seemingly wasn't high enough for you, we can further safely assume you decided to spend even more money by buying off Viagogo ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 21, 2012 19:41

LOL, well I wouldn't want that...but seriously, there isn't much room to move around in front of your seat, so how bad can the dancing be? Besides, unless you are unfortunate enough to be seated next to a total idiot, who's paying attention to the person next to them? People are there to have a good time.[/quote]

For the cost of these tickets you should be able to do cartwheels in the aisles! Knock yourself out! I will be in my recliner watching on PPV, at least on the 15th.[/quote]

IN YOUR RECLINER!!! Oh man, please somebody shoot me if I ever get to that point. That is one piece of furniture I refuse to consider. Please, somebody help me out here...winking smiley

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 21, 2012 19:56

Saw them 47 times, but this time it seems like they don´t want
to get my "50". If a show is 500€, I think I´m only in for one
more time. Together for one last shot with my two buddies Salar
and Thomas.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:01

Guys, the point of this topic for colonial is to say: "Hey, I have more money than you. Like the other topic: Who Else Doesn't Have a Problem with Stones Ticket Prices.

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:18

I ain't going all out but if they tour the US and they come down south and the tickets are affordable in my budget I will be there if too expensive forget it i will wait for the release of the tour on DVD like always.. Hopefully it won't be too expensive. But i ain't paying $500- $1000 to see them i could do other stuff with that. Sorry Stones looks like I will end up missing ya'll again if too expensive... They will make a lot of money don't worry...

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:19

benstones
Guys, the point of this topic for colonial is to say: "Hey, I have more money than you. Like the other topic: Who Else Doesn't Have a Problem with Stones Ticket Prices.

Im just another working class battler..yea smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:42

colonial
benstones

Im just another working class battler..yea smoking smiley

You forgot to add .......... that has a bad habit of routinely posting bollocks

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: November 21, 2012 23:20

Unless the ticket prices plummet,I ain't going - I paid £150 to stand next to the B stage at the O2(last concert-2007) - given the economic climate,I reckon thats plenty to pay,in which case - guess I'll be giving it a miss - shame on them,it's a total joke.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: November 22, 2012 01:00

NedKelly
buffalo7478
It may be their last tour, but part of me would rather just remember the when they were vital. I would not pay big money to see them trot out some warhorses in big arenas and stadiums, where they put more focus on 'vegas show' vs 'rocking concert'.

My dream would be they throw out the stadiums and vegas for several dates and play some blues as a 5 or 6 piece band. A show of them playing Chuck Berry or Muddy Waters or other influences. Or a show where they cover an album start to finish. But neither will happen, nor anything close to them.

It'll be huge stage, huge lights and effects, mediocre sound, disjointed guitars for only $350 US for a floor seat, and maybe have them throw in a non-warhorse. Oh, and a $12 beer that I get when I leave my seat during Miss You for the 15th time.

Stay home, or at least not anywhere near me....

Lol NedKelly, don't be so hard on the chap. When all is said and done, like many others who say they won't go, he will probably be one of the 1st ones in line for a ticket.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 22, 2012 01:02

Going all out? You mean with both feet outside the door, instead of just one foot outside and one foot in the door so you can still watch the PPV?

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home