Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Love letters from Mick sold in auction
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 12, 2013 21:11

TAMPA (FOX 13) -
They're just old love letters to Tish Ladden Packman, but her collection of scribbled notes is anything but ordinary.

They're written by rock-n-roll royalty, Mick Jagger.

"I think about you so much, whole bunches in fact. I am very much in love with you, darling," she read.

Packman met Jagger back in 1965, right as he was entering into stardom. The two hit it off after meeting backstage at the Ed Sullivan show. She was working for a popular Philadelphia disc jockey at the time.

"I was walking underneath the stage and he was walking the other way under the stage. I said, 'Hi', he said 'Hi', and we stopped to talk for a few minutes," Packman said.

He was on a media tour for the release of "Satisfaction", but Packman says she wasn't phased by his stardom.

"Well I'd already been with Paul McCartney so it was like, 'Ok, here's another cool guy,' kinda thing," she said.

That's right, she snagged two rock-n-roll legends. She met Paul McCartney back in 1964, during a Beatles press conference. She doesn't kiss and tell, but she says she had a much deeper rock star romance with her Rolling Stone.

"It was like anybody who's 20 and in love. It's your whole world, it's everything you think about," Packman said.

Thursday, Packman parted ways with the love letters. They were auctioned off at Sotheby's in New York City for $8,000.

"This way, somebody valued them to the point of paying for them and they will value them and keep them and cherish them and rock-n-roll history will still exist," she said.

Packman says one of the Rolling Stones big hits was inspired by her. She says the single "Paint It Black" was written after she told Mick Jagger to paint his circular bed's sheets black.

[www.myfoxtampabay.com]

Re: Love letters from Mick sold in auction
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 12, 2013 21:30

Hearts for sale [www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1606
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home