Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Stones At Hyde Park 2012
Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: July 17, 2011 15:51

Lets' just hope this will happen, it's OK to dream..

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: July 17, 2011 17:13

would be a fantastic place for celebrating

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 17, 2011 18:47

Bitches Brew
Lets' just hope this will happen, it's OK to dream..

So many of my dreams about what the Stones could/should do did not come true (for a start, don't get me started on opening their archives!) while I was getting older and older that life's experience finally told me that the Stones is not the right band for dreaming.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 17, 2011 20:11

sweetcharmedlife
Justin
I'd take an indoor general admission theatre/club show over an outdoor general admission festival any day of the week.
Yup.

What a great show. If there was any show from the Vegas years I"d want officially released...it's this show.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: July 17, 2011 21:01

Roadster32
KeefintheNight82
71Tele
Monkeytonkman
Big Al
After watching the Pearl Jam clip and noticing the huge, huge, crowd, I have to wonder: how early am I going to have to get there to near the front for a decent view? If there are big screens, it may be OK. I'm not prepared to wait impatiently at the front for 4 hours without a beer. I'll go, of course, but bring on the 02 in 2013 - that'll be more like it¬

Big Al, you gotta be kidding right? you'd rather go to an indoor all seated venue than an outdoor festival seating venue where you can wander around and mingle with everyone and not be coralled into a small chair sized space for the entire concert? no way man.

Best gigs are always standing, seats are a main offender in impeding enjoyment at rock concerts.

being on Hyde Park. One of my best mates was there in 69, he;s still rocking like a mother humper and it would be great to go with him all these years down the line

There is a true division among fans about this. What is "an outdoor festival where you can wander around on mingle" to some is a hell on earth where you can't see or hear and are constantly disturbed by the idiotic and herd-like behavior of people, to others. Give me my own seat in the first ten rows and I am in heaven. The best concerts are indoor, reserved seating, fewer than 5,000 seats.

I agree with 71 Tele completely on this point. Being knocked around, sweating my balls off, and standing until my back hurts doesn't make me happy.

Old men talking...if you can't stand it, buy a DVD...

Amen brother!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 17, 2011 21:23

Monkeytonkman
Roadster32
KeefintheNight82
71Tele
Monkeytonkman
Big Al
After watching the Pearl Jam clip and noticing the huge, huge, crowd, I have to wonder: how early am I going to have to get there to near the front for a decent view? If there are big screens, it may be OK. I'm not prepared to wait impatiently at the front for 4 hours without a beer. I'll go, of course, but bring on the 02 in 2013 - that'll be more like it¬

Big Al, you gotta be kidding right? you'd rather go to an indoor all seated venue than an outdoor festival seating venue where you can wander around and mingle with everyone and not be coralled into a small chair sized space for the entire concert? no way man.

Best gigs are always standing, seats are a main offender in impeding enjoyment at rock concerts.

being on Hyde Park. One of my best mates was there in 69, he;s still rocking like a mother humper and it would be great to go with him all these years down the line

There is a true division among fans about this. What is "an outdoor festival where you can wander around on mingle" to some is a hell on earth where you can't see or hear and are constantly disturbed by the idiotic and herd-like behavior of people, to others. Give me my own seat in the first ten rows and I am in heaven. The best concerts are indoor, reserved seating, fewer than 5,000 seats.

I agree with 71 Tele completely on this point. Being knocked around, sweating my balls off, and standing until my back hurts doesn't make me happy.

Amen brother!

It's amazing how many people think enjoying a concert necessarily involves limiting the enjoyment of others, and how someone wanting to experience music for the sake of the music is somehow "old" or unhip. I paid my dues for years going to festival seating shows. Sorry, but I don't think nearly suffocating to get a glimpse of the band is much fun.

Date: July 17, 2011 23:26

Nah, you can always not get really close, I stayed standing by the b-stage in slane and gothenburg, rather than go deep. some of the best dates on the european dates for me, certainly better than having to stay in my designated seat.

Think I just prefer the choice. Which you don't get at all seated events.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 18, 2011 08:20

Monkeytonkman
Nah, you can always not get really close, I stayed standing by the b-stage in slane and gothenburg, rather than go deep. some of the best dates on the european dates for me, certainly better than having to stay in my designated seat.

I am with you on that, the freedom to move around is always better than being confined.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: July 18, 2011 08:41

Roadster32
KeefintheNight82
71Tele
Monkeytonkman
Big Al

Maybe so studboy, but you'll be the same way soon enough.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 18, 2011 08:45

I'll make a deal with all the people who think that purchasing a ticket to a concert entitles one to push and shove, block my view, "dance" (quotes intentional), "sing" louder than the performer on stage, and otherwise ruin an evening for other concertgoers: I'll stay away from your GA and festival shows if you stay out of my reserved seating shows. That should make all of us happy.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 18, 2011 08:46

Monkeytonkman

I like standing during shows - it's just that Hyde Park doesn't totally appreal to me. I like a little comfort, which a gig in a park like this wouldn't afford me.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 18, 2011 09:01

carlostones10
what ronnie or keith says isn´t important. we need to know what mick says. and mick says no tour at this moment.
smileys with beer

True, what Mick, and Charlie, say really is the only thing that matters.

In this case, I think Mick is the holdout, and Charlie is probably mildly relieved.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: July 19, 2011 21:44

treaclefingers
carlostones10
what ronnie or keith says isn´t important. we need to know what mick says. and mick says no tour at this moment.
smileys with beer

True, what Mick, and Charlie, say really is the only thing that matters.

In this case, I think Mick is the holdout, and Charlie is probably mildly relieved.

Next time Mick or Charlie hits you with a text, let us know. Dying for more news on this!

Date: July 19, 2011 21:46

Big Al
Monkeytonkman

I like standing during shows - it's just that Hyde Park doesn't totally appreal to me. I like a little comfort, which a gig in a park like this wouldn't afford me.

It's rock and roll, it's no fun if you're not bumping into people. Especially of the opposite sex. It works. You should try it.

Date: July 19, 2011 21:50

I agree, if you like sitting down and enjoying the music in a comfortable environment, then the DVD option is the way to go.

Rock n roll baby, the clues in the name! yay

Date: July 19, 2011 21:52

Monkeytonkman
Roadster32
KeefintheNight82
71Tele
Monkeytonkman
Big Al

Amen brother!

Hell, I'm fitty and I love boogeyin. It worked the other night to get some snatch at Frampton. He gets on Twitter and sez, 'There were some interesting people in the audience at the Baltimore show last night, I think I'm gonna film them in between songs so u can c what I c'.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 19, 2011 21:54

Unfortunately, standing up at shows for hours on end is something for younger and fitter people.

Have you seen a Stones audience in recent years? Its unlike any rock n roll audience that I've seen anywhere else.

And crowds arent going to get any younger as long as that end of the market is being priced out of their concerts.

Something's got to give here.

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: July 19, 2011 22:00

Edith Grove
stevecardi
GAZZA

Live 8 had 200,000 people in there in 2005, however.

I think that had more to do with the Pink Floyd reunion than anything else.

Eh, I think this quote should be attributed to Gazza, something he said back on the first page of this thread.

I wish the quote function would work differently than it does.
I see a lot of this, when a quote is confusing to read, or looks like someone else is being quoted.

Fixed! smoking smiley

Given that I'm working on my second College MA--in Scholarly Research--I take the action of accurately quoting sources quite seriously. So thank you for pointing this out. cool smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-19 22:09 by stevecardi.

Date: July 19, 2011 22:10

Unfortunately this is part of the problem, the Stones are catering to an older audeience, giving then nice seats to sit and rest instead of rocking, Acca dacca, maiden and others don't obther and they are still still drawing in younger audiences, of course it may be that the seating arangement is simply meeting the demand from a younger audience, but all I'm saying is that it is nice to have the choice to sit or stand.

I went to all the Wembley Arena dates on Voodoo, think it was four nights, can't remember off the top of my head, but I went down the front to rock out for most nights, but one evening i decided I just wanted to take in the whole show and enjoy the spectacle, took a nice seat up the side lower tear, great view.

It's all about having the choice, which expensive tickets for those that have have the money.

One price ticket, general admission. Everyone is equal. no favourites., less elitist and it's far more alligned with the spirit of rock n roll.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 19, 2011 22:11

Gazza
Have you seen a Stones audience in recent years?

I was nearly blinded by all the bald spots.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: July 19, 2011 22:11

I wouldn't mind standing next to those hired young models from the Beacon shows in 2006 rather than real Stones fans with them big bellies
drinking beer, smelling like s..t, singing like crazy and dancing around like a bunch of f hillbillies....

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 19, 2011 22:12

The Stones
I wouldn't mind standing next to those hired young models from the Beacon shows in 2006 rather than real Stones fans with them big bellies
drinking beer, smelling like s..t, singing like crazy and dancing around like a bunch of f hillbillies....

Uh, aren't you describing yourself here? grinning smiley

Date: July 19, 2011 22:18

Edith Grove
The Stones

He's like the guy who posts a personal ad something to the effect: '70 years old, unemployed, looking for hot young babe. Hey - at least I'm honest'.

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: July 19, 2011 22:25

Brue
Edith Grove
The Stones

He's like the guy who posts a personal ad something to the effect: '70 years old, unemployed, looking for hot young babe. Hey - at least I'm honest'.

>grinning smiley< >grinning smiley< >grinning smiley< >grinning smiley< >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 19, 2011 22:44

2012 London Olympics and, possibly, A Rolling Stones half a million attending free concert in Hyde Park and Macca on top of that. Police and Security will have their jobs staked out, that's for sure. On the other hand, imagine all the money rushing in!

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: July 20, 2011 13:06

I wouldn't be to keen on seeing them in Hyde Park. Wembley stadium would be a better choice of venue 'cause I don't feel like climbing no trees to be able to see the boys.

Date: July 20, 2011 16:20

climbing trees! fantstic!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this rumour will bear fruits

Hopefully they will do a concert in Hyde park, where people can go to sing dance and enjoy themselves, then other dates at o2 or Wembley where people can pay through the nose and sit down to enjoy their experience.

\m/

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 20, 2011 16:59

hopenot, hope for the O2
and... Gelredome Arnhem, Netherlands
byeeeeee
jeroen

Posted by: TE ()
Date: July 20, 2011 19:27

corriecas
hopenot, hope for the O2
and... Gelredome Arnhem, Netherlands
byeeeeee
jeroen

Sorry Corriecas,
Will be 2 nights Boston, 20 nights MSG, 2 LA, 10 nights Budokan, 5 River Plate, Then 5 nights Werchter Park, without transport so you remember what 4 hrs walking feels like, , then 20 nights O2 Arena and 2 nights Wembley before the secret one at ... Well I love to dream. I should be a tour manager

TE
Oslo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-20 19:28 by TE.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 20, 2011 21:04

TE
I should be a tour manager

Not a bad schedule you put together. I would like that

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home