Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Stones At Hyde Park 2012
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 13, 2011 19:10

mickscarey
James Kirk
You guys are amazing. You all want the Stones to be active in 2012, but one of them confirms that plans are starting to take shape you guys are all negative about it...I don't get it.

Provided health doesn't become an issue the Stones will be active in 2012.

Excatly. So many so-called fans who do not want them to tour. Figure that!

This site has many many true and excellent fans, and it is a great source for Stones information.... but this place also attracts some trolls who come here simply because it is easy to register and begin posting "stirring the pot" drivel... these trolls post anything and everything nasty and mean spirited which pops into their little troll brains. These trolls have no censor between their brains-fingers-key pad..... oh well... one simply has to ignore the trolls and focus on the real fans here... it would be nice if there was an ignore feature so we could automatically skip the trolls who ONLY posy "get a rise" posts.......

ANYWAY....

Hyde park or no Hype park, new album or no new album, new tour or no new tour.... so far the Rolling Stones have done more for me and more for rock and roll than any other band EVER.

I hitched my wagon to this band, these men, way back when... and they have NEVER failed me yet... they release "a something" at least every three years since 1964... and they toured and toured and toured... and they invented the middle satellite stage... and they did... they did... they did... and they kept on doing and kept on keeping on... FK YEAH!!!! Every other band has come and gone... and yet to this very day.... MY BAND never offically quit... they just did/do the Stones thing... they are so fkn cool.... They help me keep on feeling like a kid smiling smiley

ANYWAY.....

Interesting news about this Hyde park thing... interesting that Ronnie is the one saying it... interesting that Keith is the only one not playing "out there " right now.... interesting.... it is all interesting.... we will see.... it is only rock and roll roll... and I like it...

OK.... bring on the trolls, I know I broke the rule of never posting more than 3/4 of a sentance on IORR without expecting some troll to pick out 5 words in a long post to drivel about... silly trolls.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-13 19:16 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: July 13, 2011 19:18

Gazza
Edith Grove
Question for Londoners, or anyone else that is more knowledgeable about Hyde Park than I am:

I assume that Ronnie is (supposedly) talking about "re-creating" the show at Hyde Park itself.
Do you think that Hyde Park is currently capable of hosting an event such as this, particularly if it was a free show?

I'm assuming that, free or not, there could be many more people wanting to see the Stones than in '69.
I'm basically familiar with the area, having run a few miles in Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens during my stay there in '03, but I have to wonder about it's ability to host a massive crowd the Stones might draw in this day & age.

What do ya'll think?

I doubt he literally means to re-create it. It'll probably be a headlining set at Hard Rock Calling to a crowd of about 50,000 (although the size COULD be extended if need be) - which WOULD work if the band were to just do a couple of festivals in Europe, then do a US tour with a 'proper' Euro tour to finish in 2013.

Live 8 had 200,000 people in there in 2005, however.

here is what it looked like in 2010 for a concert . . .

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: July 13, 2011 19:19

Silver Dagger
Love his jacket - shades of Brian Jones c.67

pic by Rex Photos

Cool!!!thumbs up

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 13, 2011 19:23

Cool? It looks like a nice warm day............

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: July 13, 2011 19:24

enough already with the labeling people you don't agree with as "trolls". not everyone here drinks the kool-aid and thinks everything the stones do is totally awesome and the greatest ever. how many times has someone created a thread saying "hahaha the stones are old! and they suck!"? zero. but if someone is rational and says that maybe they should retire because there's no more gas in the tank, you automatically label them as a troll? that's just stupid childish name-calling that is best left for the playground. what's next, calling someone an anti-semite because they don't like lou reed?

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: July 13, 2011 19:25

i'll be there lol

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-13 19:25 by MononoM.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: July 13, 2011 19:30

[b]The guitarist, a former alcoholic,[/b] says he loves pottering around the "controlled jungle" of his new home and pulling up weeds.

Hahaha love the begginig of this report! I think he first is a Rolling Stones' member than a former alcoholic!

But...

Wood revealed he and the Stones plan a series of gigs to mark their 50th anniversary next year and hope to recreate their 1969 show at Hyde Park. He is meeting bandmate Keith Richards this week to begin discussions. "We'll try to recapture the old camaraderie," he said.

Seems that he haven't recovered yet! LOL

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: July 13, 2011 19:32

The best news i've heard for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: July 13, 2011 19:34

Thanks for this good news! I'm *assuming* that the word "recapturing" might mean the return of Taylor and Wyman. Lovely.....

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: July 13, 2011 19:38

ineedadrink
enough already with the labeling people you don't agree with as "trolls". not everyone here drinks the kool-aid and thinks everything the stones do is totally awesome and the greatest ever. how many times has someone created a thread saying "hahaha the stones are old! and they suck!"? zero. but if someone is rational and says that maybe they should retire because there's no more gas in the tank, you automatically label them as a troll? that's just stupid childish name-calling that is best left for the playground. what's next, calling someone an anti-semite because they don't like lou reed?

You sound like the one who needs to be suckin on a lollipop. Your favorite flaaaavor - sour cherry red.

Hyde Park - it's gettin nautical in here baybee!!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 13, 2011 19:39

flairville
The best news i've heard for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it turns out to be true .... t'would be great news indeed !!!!!!!!!!!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: July 13, 2011 19:43

Pauly, I'll see you there right at the front!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 13, 2011 19:57

flairville
Pauly, I'll see you there right at the front!

Well of course you will ... ain't no point in bein' thar unless yer at the front !!! Silly boy ... what WERE you thinkin' ??? (Only kiddin' winking smiley)

Lets hope it happens ... what a summer gig that would be !!!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 13, 2011 20:10

The most revealing part from that article is of course that Ronnie is now into gardening. The least revealing part is Ana's dress.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 13, 2011 20:11

Brue
and hope to recreate their 1969 show at Hyde Park.

huh? does this mean they´re gonna fire (and kill?) one of their guitarists, adopt another one and buy thousands of butterflies?????confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-13 20:12 by slewan.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: July 13, 2011 20:23

ineedadrink
mickscarey
James Kirk
You guys are amazing. You all want the Stones to be active in 2012, but one of them confirms that plans are starting to take shape you guys are all negative about it...I don't get it.

Provided health doesn't become an issue the Stones will be active in 2012.

Excatly. So many so-called fans who do not want them to tour. Figure that!
maybe we love the stones so much that we don't want them getting up on stage and embarrassing themselves?

There is no way Mick would allow that. If Mick feels the band can no longer perform at a reasonably high level then there is no way he pens his signature to any tour contract no matter how limited it may be.

Date: July 13, 2011 20:30

Cocaine Eyes
Thanks for this good news! I'm *assuming* that the word "recapturing" might mean the return of Taylor and Wyman. Lovely.....

Now that would be lovely, indeed.

Posted by: ThankGod ()
Date: July 13, 2011 20:32

slewan
Brue
and hope to recreate their 1969 show at Hyde Park.

huh? does this mean they´re gonna fire (and kill?) one of their guitarists, adopt another one and buy thousands of butterflies?????confused smiley

Well he was an ex-band member by then. So continuing the theme, Hyde Park 2 will feature the ritual sacrifice of Mick Taylor.

Date: July 13, 2011 20:33

Brue
Where's colonial when you need him? Straight from the Ronnie's mouth baybee!

Evening Standard

Wood revealed he and the Stones plan a series of gigs to mark their 50th anniversary next year and hope to recreate their 1969 show at Hyde Park. He is meeting bandmate Keith Richards this week to begin discussions. "We'll try to recapture the old camaraderie," he said.

"I know Keith is fully supportive, as are the rest of the boys in the Stones. We'll see what we can do as a unit. Playing Hyde Park would be fabulous."

Wood is currently performing with The Faces, who are due to play a charity show at drummer Kenney Jones's Hurtwood Park Polo Club in Surrey.

Nice little hint of things to come!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 13, 2011 20:54

It has been almost 4 years now....Cam on

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 13, 2011 21:06

I just saw this article in the London Standard a few minutes ago and was about to post.Best positive news for a while and Standard is not a Murdoch rag which makes it a bit more believable.Ronnie is realy in good shape and keeping himself together so optomistic for U.K.dates next year.The U.S.A. and the rest of the world will have to wait and see. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 13, 2011 21:08

proudmary
Silver Dagger

pic by Rex Photos

Cool!!!thumbs up
Who dressed him? Stevie Wonder?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 13, 2011 21:47

sweetcharmedlife
proudmary
Silver Dagger

pic by Rex Photos

Cool!!!thumbs up
Who dressed him? Stevie Wonder?

Indeed,luckyly he can play guitar....and great taste of women

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-13 21:54 by Harm.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: July 14, 2011 19:13

Silver Dagger

pic by Rex Photos

Jeez...what a clown. Bad, bad taste Ronnie.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 14, 2011 19:25

they need a tour and some down time with the wardrobe stylist....pronto... That outfit is pretty painful to look at Ronnie

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: July 14, 2011 20:00

As Rolling Stones fans awaited word of the band's next tour ("It's not on the table," Mick Jagger says)

[www.usatoday.com]

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 14, 2011 20:13

proudmary
As Rolling Stones fans awaited word of the band's next tour ("It's not on the table," Mick Jagger says)

[www.usatoday.com]

Yeah. I just read that statement from Mick (sad) and now Ronnie said this(happy).
I don't know who to believe? Mick probably wants the focus on his new band Superheavy so he may have thrown " on the table" thing to keep the attention away from the Rolling stones subject.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 14, 2011 20:35

rollmops
proudmary

[www.usatoday.com]

Yeah. I just read that statement from Mick (sad) and now Ronnie said this(happy).
I don't know who to believe? Mick probably wants the focus on his new band Superheavy so he may have thrown " on the table" thing to keep the attention away from the Rolling stones subject.
Rock and Roll,
Mops
Exactly.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: July 14, 2011 21:19

Ronnie's chick is pretty smokin'. Note the full lips, ample figure and Mayan skin. Aside from leaving that good woman Jo, he's one lucky b@stard.

What a joke to "recreate" Hyde Park '69 without MT in the conversation. In my opinion, Hyde Park was 50% rolling out their new guitarist, blues prodigy MT, who went forth to inspire the band in their Golden Age for the next 6 years. And 50% the phoenix Stones rising from the ashes of BJ's passing, with Country Honk and other nascent, darker arrangements that would soon define everything that followed in rock 'n roll . That's what Hyde Park was. The G Twins should be begging MT to join this one-off, and reward him with past due royaltie$ on Moonlight Mile and $way.

Right, like that will happen...and it will rain beer tonight.

I'm sure BW would show up for the gig because he wouldn't have to fly, but I wouldn't have a problem putting RW on bass, where he began his career, and telling KR to take a powder and let MT crank his amp for one show.

OR, keep BW on bass and let Ronnie do face painting in the front of the stage or something.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 14, 2011 21:21

proudmary

[www.usatoday.com]

Neither it is. He's focussed on promoting his current project and so doesnt want to have to field off a barrage of questions about something that is unlikely to happen for at least another year.

Nothing worth reading into it other than that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-14 21:27 by Gazza.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1692
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home