Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Stones At Hyde Park 2012
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 14, 2011 21:26

James Kirk
You guys are amazing. You all want the Stones to be active in 2012, but one of them confirms that plans are starting to take shape you guys are all negative about it...I don't get it.

Provided health doesn't become an issue the Stones will be active in 2012.

'All' ?

With two exceptions, there wasnt a single post in this thread above yours that was negative.

And its absolutely untrue that 'all' of the people here want the Stones to be active in 2012 (I'm not one of them, incidentally....)

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: July 14, 2011 21:31

I'm pretty sure they'll just hit the giant festival circuit in the US and Europe then go home again.

OLDKR

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 14, 2011 21:50

Gazza
James Kirk
You guys are amazing. You all want the Stones to be active in 2012, but one of them confirms that plans are starting to take shape you guys are all negative about it...I don't get it.

Provided health doesn't become an issue the Stones will be active in 2012.

'All' ?

With two exceptions, there wasnt a single post in this thread above yours that was negative.

And its absolutely untrue that 'all' of the people here want the Stones to be active in 2012 (I'm not one of them, incidentally....)

Well I think you just slid into the negative column Gazza, by default of course.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 14, 2011 23:26

some nice positive news for a change, would be more encouraging if mick were at the meeting but i guess ronnie wouldnt just say this for nothing

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: July 15, 2011 03:44

PLEASE.

Whenever Ronnie says something along the lines of "We'll try to recapture the old camaraderie" it leads to NOTHING. A bad idea and...a bad idea.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: July 15, 2011 04:19

Finally some hopeful news about a tour, let's see what unfolds in the coming weeks and months.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: July 15, 2011 04:32

Brue

Wood is currently performing with The Faces, who are due to play a charity show at drummer Kenney Jones's Hurtwood Park Polo Club in Surrey.

Oh yes he is

Bospop Festival

In the daytime

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-15 04:34 by Brue.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: July 15, 2011 04:40

Is there a "then and now" photo of where exactly the Stones played in HP in 1969?

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: July 15, 2011 06:20

what ronnie or keith says isn´t important. we need to know what mick says. and mick says no tour at this moment.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 15, 2011 07:59

After watching the Pearl Jam clip and noticing the huge, huge, crowd, I have to wonder: how early am I going to have to get there to near the front for a decent view? If there are big screens, it may be OK. I'm not prepared to wait impatiently at the front for 4 hours without a beer. I'll go, of course, but bring on the 02 in 2013 - that'll be more like it¬

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 15, 2011 09:43

London, always love to be there. Now I might have a good excuse again to visit the place :-)

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 15, 2011 10:34

Rolling Hansie
London, always love to be there. Now I might have a good excuse again to visit the place :-)

Exactly the same here. Actually some extraordinary kind of event - no olympics for god sake - like THE STONES IN THE PARK AGAIN could be a perfect occasion for all the fans to meet and celebrate heart full of explicit nostalgy for those passed decades together. And Wyman and Taylor onboard. If the Stones will perform again I don't have any expectations for the musical content or the quality of it. It is just the event itself (so a typical stadium mega hits tour does nothing to me, and my wallet is even happier for that).

And it can't be any other place than London. The Stones could quite easily arise a Exile-kind of nostalgy hype over their Hyde Park concert. Probably their most important and legendary gig ever in Britain. Even Jagger has - I think - come to terms with nostalgy lately, and sounds more relaxed with his huge past.

But of course, heads cool now. It is only Ronnie talking and "revealing" the plan here. The boss remains silent.

- Doxa

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 15, 2011 14:37

Big Al
After watching the Pearl Jam clip and noticing the huge, huge, crowd, I have to wonder: how early am I going to have to get there to near the front for a decent view? If there are big screens, it may be OK. I'm not prepared to wait impatiently at the front for 4 hours without a beer. I'll go, of course, but bring on the 02 in 2013 - that'll be more like it¬

was there two years ago for Springsteen & Neil Young etc. Even without a golden circle it was easy enough to get in and out - and you could bring your beer back with you.

Its a pretty well run festival IMO.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: July 15, 2011 17:43

Big Al

Big Al, you gotta be kidding right? you'd rather go to an indoor all seated venue than an outdoor festival seating venue where you can wander around and mingle with everyone and not be coralled into a small chair sized space for the entire concert? no way man.

Best gigs are always standing, seats are a main offender in impeding enjoyment at rock concerts.

being on Hyde Park. One of my best mates was there in 69, he;s still rocking like a mother humper and it would be great to go with him all these years down the line

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: July 15, 2011 19:24

If they are going to recreate the magic then they need some non-fender amps. Time to change the sound up- or go back to some old gear. Ampeg? Hiwatts?

Go Dawgs!

Date: July 15, 2011 21:01

carlostones10
what ronnie or keith says isn´t important. we need to know what mick says. and mick says no tour at this moment.

Next time you talk to him, let us know.

Date: July 15, 2011 21:04

Doxa
Rolling Hansie

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah unintelligible blah blah blah blah
It is only Ronnie talking and "revealing" the plan here. The boss remains silent.

- Doxa

Next time you talk to him, or god, let us know.

-Brue

Date: July 15, 2011 21:05

Big Al
After watching the Pearl Jam clip and noticing the huge, huge, crowd, I have to wonder: how early am I going to have to get there to near the front for a decent view? If there are big screens, it may be OK. I'm not prepared to wait impatiently at the front for 4 hours without a beer.

Better start now while it's still 2011.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 15, 2011 21:05

Monkeytonkman
Big Al

Big Al, you gotta be kidding right? you'd rather go to an indoor all seated venue than an outdoor festival seating venue where you can wander around and mingle with everyone and not be coralled into a small chair sized space for the entire concert? no way man.

Best gigs are always standing, seats are a main offender in impeding enjoyment at rock concerts.

being on Hyde Park. One of my best mates was there in 69, he;s still rocking like a mother humper and it would be great to go with him all these years down the line

There is a true division among fans about this. What is "an outdoor festival where you can wander around on mingle" to some is a hell on earth where you can't see or hear and are constantly disturbed by the idiotic and herd-like behavior of people, to others. Give me my own seat in the first ten rows and I am in heaven. The best concerts are indoor, reserved seating, fewer than 5,000 seats.

Date: July 15, 2011 21:52

eye popping smiley
71Tele
Monkeytonkman
Big Al

There is a true division among fans about this. What is "an outdoor festival where you can wander around on mingle" to some is a hell on earth where you can't see or hear and are constantly disturbed by the idiotic and herd-like behavior of people, to others. Give me my own seat in the first ten rows and I am in heaven. The best concerts are indoor, reserved seating, fewer than 5,000 seats.

I think I can understand why people would rather pay top dollar and be in select seats for a show, for me it perhaps doesn't symbolise what I believe to be a true rock n roll experience. Too elitist and stagnant. Last few timesthe Stones played you got a load of grief from security if you dared vere from your designated slot. Too much hassle for me.

Can't understand the mentality, with any luck I never will. worse concerts I have been to have been the ones where we have been allocated seats, sometimes people even decide to use em and sit for the whole concert!

it's big world and we all have different tastes, but for my money I prefer standing and rocking, and rather than sitting in my rocking chair

\m/

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: July 16, 2011 21:30

71Tele
Monkeytonkman
Big Al

I agree with 71 Tele completely on this point. Being knocked around, sweating my balls off, and standing until my back hurts doesn't make me happy.

Date: July 17, 2011 04:37

KeefintheNight82
71Tele
Monkeytonkman
Big Al

I agree with 71 Tele completely on this point. Being knocked around, sweating my balls off, and standing until my back hurts doesn't make me happy.

thats why festival seating works so well. those who decide to head on in and check the band out up front and centre can do. while those who prefer to hang and enjoy the entire experience can do too. the choice is yours and ot dictated by the amount of money you paid for your ticket. egalitarian baby

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 17, 2011 04:50

I'd take an indoor general admission theatre/club show over an outdoor general admission festival any day of the week.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 17, 2011 06:13

Justin
I'd take an indoor general admission theatre/club show over an outdoor general admission festival any day of the week.
Yup.

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: July 17, 2011 11:38

Edith Grove

Live 8 had 200,000 people in there in 2005, however.

I think that had more to do with the Pink Floyd reunion than anything else.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: July 17, 2011 12:31

It's all clear!
Rehearsels Toronto
Opening night in Boston.
Then 20 MSG gigs,
Then 5 nights Werchter Park (Spell) to get in shape (for us), with no transport. (JOKE!!!)
Then 5 nights River Plate.
Then O2 for 20-30 gigs, and 2 Wembley stadium ones.

Everybody happy, less travel, but...

Well, can dream

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: July 17, 2011 13:11

KeefintheNight82
71Tele
Monkeytonkman
Big Al

Old men talking...if you can't stand it, buy a DVD...

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 17, 2011 13:50

The key is:

"He is meeting bandmate Keith Richards this week to begin discussions."

BEGIN DISCUSSIONS? Gimme a break. At this point, it is obviously nothing more than a vague idea. We had plenty of "vague ideas" about touring in the past years. Wasn't playing some "Exile"-shows one of them?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 17, 2011 14:12

stevecardi
Edith Grove

Live 8 had 200,000 people in there in 2005, however.

I think that had more to do with the Pink Floyd reunion than anything else.

Eh, I think this quote should be attributed to Gazza, something he said back on the first page of this thread.

I wish the quote function would work differently than it does.
I see a lot of this, when a quote is confusing to read, or looks like someone else is being quoted.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 17, 2011 14:25

Edith Grove
I wish the quote function would work differently than it does.
I see a lot of this, when a quote is confusing to read, or looks like someone else is being quoted.

Nothing wrong with the quote function. It's the people that use it wrong.
Always use the Preview button before hitting the Post message button.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home