Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT.Adrenalized: Life, Def Leppard, and Beyond,by Chris Epting (hbwriter)
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 28, 2015 15:23

One of our former posters here hbwriter,has a new book on Def Leppard's lead guitarist Phil Collen,excellent reading,if you are into DL check it out..We miss you here HB...smiling smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Re: OT.Adrenalized: Life, Def Leppard, and Beyond,by Chris Epting (hbwriter)
Date: October 28, 2015 15:26

Yeah, I saw that on Facebook. He told here earlier that Phil was a good friend of his. Good on ya, Chris! thumbs up

Date: October 28, 2015 15:55

Come back, HB. Time always heals.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: October 28, 2015 17:00

I would place DL in the same category as journey, styx, bon jokie, aerosmith from about '85 on, etc. Just horrible stuff

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 28, 2015 17:23

Stones50
I would place DL in the same category as journey, styx, bon jokie, aerosmith from about '85 on, etc. Just horrible stuff
The saddest thing about Def Leppard is how good they were. Their first two albums are EXCELLENT, IMO of course. Pyromania is also very very good, but its clear their direction. Hysteria is what breaks the camel's back. And its not terrible, but they ran with that sound and from there on there was no turning back. They changed. In all honesty, the same way Journey changed after a few albums (did you know they existed WITHOUT Steve Perry at one point?). But Def Leppard is particularly upsetting cause they were SO good. High And Dry is an excellent hard rock record. And they just took the cash and lost all that greatness.

Date: October 28, 2015 17:30

Date: October 28, 2015 17:37

Ohhhhh, the horrors.

Date: October 29, 2015 06:02

RollingFreak
Stones50
The saddest thing about Def Leppard is how good they were. Their first two albums are EXCELLENT, IMO of course. Pyromania is also very very good, but its clear their direction. Hysteria is what breaks the camel's back. And its not terrible, but they ran with that sound and from there on there was no turning back. They changed. In all honesty, the same way Journey changed after a few albums (did you know they existed WITHOUT Steve Perry at one point?). But Def Leppard is particularly upsetting cause they were SO good. High And Dry is an excellent hard rock record. And they just took the cash and lost all that greatness.

they did an album slang that was very good and very different and no one seemed to care so they went back to the hysteria sound again.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: October 29, 2015 11:34

I thought Slang was very good also, much better than the awfully generic 'Adrenalize' which preceded it. The albums since haven't been great, a few highlights but overall, not a patch on the early 80s records.

As a catalogue, I don't think it's a great one, but those twin highs of Pyromania and Hysteria will see them playing arena's as long as they wish to.

The two songs heard thus far from the new one aren't too good, but I'll give the album a listen.

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: October 29, 2015 12:02

RollingFreak
Stones50
I totally agree, I saw them very early on, when they were still playing a mix of original songs and covers, (Thin Lizzy, UFO etc). Though that they were a very good band with huge potential. Then Mutt Lange got hold of them. . . .

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: October 29, 2015 15:35

Agreed that Def Leppard was so good up until Hysteria, which is also good but I agree that is where their sound changed and never came back to that hard rock sound.

Did HBwriter also get banned? Can't believe how many long time posters have been banned in the past year.

Date: October 29, 2015 15:44

Hound Dog

Did HBwriter also get banned? Can't believe how many long time posters have been banned in the past year.

Indeed he was....

Date: October 29, 2015 15:49

why would he be banned?

Date: October 29, 2015 15:55

Stones50
why would he be banned?
Water under the bridge,we can't discuss banned folks,at some point hb and bv will talk and probably he will back,in the meantime is better to leave the subject alone...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 29, 2015 16:57

keefriffhard4life
RollingFreak
Stones50

they did an album slang that was very good and very different and no one seemed to care so they went back to the hysteria sound again.

I was just mystified with ADRENALIZE and how it not only looked like HYSTERIA 2 but sounded like HYSTERIA.

HIGH'N'DRY is killer.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 29, 2015 17:11

ROPENI
Stones50
why would he be banned?
Water under the bridge,we can't discuss banned folks,at some point hb and bv will talk and probably he will back,in the meantime is better to leave the subject alone...
We can't even discuss banned posters now? What kinda Stalinist bullshit is this?

Date: October 29, 2015 17:53

keefriff99
ROPENI
Stones50
why would he be banned?
We can't even discuss banned posters now? What kinda Stalinist bullshit is this?
This is bv's house and we have to respect his rules.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1573
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home