Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Bridges to Babylon + No Security
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 7, 2011 09:14

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-07 21:11 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: July 7, 2011 10:12

I don't miss Bill at all.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: July 7, 2011 16:20

24FPS
No Security the CD sucks as a representation of that thrilling tour of '99. The cuts aren't even from the tour! They're from the flaccid Bridges to Babylon tour of '97-'98.

The No Security Tour was AFTER the live album. NS came out in November 1998, the NS Tour started in January 1999.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 7, 2011 16:46

I think this is the first time a live CD promoted an upcomming tour.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 7, 2011 17:23

Several groups have used live albums to promote a tour. The Kinks did with One For The Road.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 7, 2011 20:24

Max'sKansasCity
It has actually become somewhat amusing reading the local "experts" weigh judgement upon the various Rolling Stones albums, their various tours and various band line ups over time. It is amusing ( as in "for our entertainment" ) how some folks here are certain there was an exact instant when the Rolling Stones stopped "being".... HAHAHAHAAHHahhahaha... it is really funny reading some posters state (after much research under a microscope) with utmost certainty, exactly which tours are "crap" and which albums are blah blah blah blah yeah yeah umm okzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Thank you for your contribution, whatever it is.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 7, 2011 20:39

24FPS
No Security the CD sucks as a representation of that thrilling tour of '99. The cuts aren't even from the tour! They're from the flaccid Bridges to Babylon tour of '97-'98. I'm surprised no one has put together a bootleg DVD of cuts from the No Security tour, they're all over the internet.

Bridges to Babylon simply fails on repeat listening. Except for 'You Don't Have to Mean It'.

Yeah well...the No Security album came at the end of the Bridges To Babylon tour. The No Security tour was in support of the No Security album. The NS album did not come after the NS tour.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 7, 2011 20:43

The B2B tour was one of the best tours the Stones have done and not flaccid at all. The lats time Keith was truly great as well!

The No Security album is cuts from the B2B tour not from No Security tour. The tour was to support the live album!!!

Date: July 7, 2011 21:17

I wish they would release the official footage from the tour. Wasn't San Jose filmed?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 7, 2011 22:12

More Hot Rocks
I wish they would release the official footage from the tour. Wasn't San Jose filmed?

Me too.

The last two San Jose shows were filmed yes, with the hopes of a release but it obviously never got off the ground.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 7, 2011 22:29

More Hot Rocks

Although different format,Ya Ya´s and Still Life were released for the same reason...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 8, 2011 00:07

Max'sKansasCity
24FPS
No Security the CD sucks as a representation of that thrilling tour of '99. The cuts aren't even from the tour! They're from the flaccid Bridges to Babylon tour of '97-'98. I'm surprised no one has put together a bootleg DVD of cuts from the No Security tour, they're all over the internet.

Bridges to Babylon simply fails on repeat listening. Except for 'You Don't Have to Mean It'.

Thank you for your contribution, however flaccid it is.

Touche, and a tip of the hat to your pink microscope. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Date: July 8, 2011 00:11

24FPS

Touche, and a tip of the hat to your pink microscope. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

LOL drinking smiley
not only pink, but it is a "hello Kitty" brand smiling smiley just to add to the fun smiling bouncing smiley Who knew Hello Kitty made microscopes? (google did) smiling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 8, 2011 00:26

billwebster
In 2002, they would have had another full-length album in them but they chose to do 4 new songs only. They could have easily written and recorded enough material for a full album right there and then during the "Licks" sessions but they chose not to.

You say that in 2002 they had a full album in them, but they came up with some pretty awful new material for the Forty Licks release. On the other hand, I like ABB, just about 4 songs should be edited from it, and include UTR.

Date: July 8, 2011 03:37

shortfatfanny
More Hot Rocks

Although different format,Ya Ya´s and Still Life were released for the same reason...

Weren't they released after the European leg? I could be wrong.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: July 8, 2011 04:21

slew
The B2B tour was one of the best tours the Stones have done and not flaccid at all.

The tour was tremendous and they absolutely crushed it with the intro:

Date: July 8, 2011 04:45

uhbuhgullayew
The tour was tremendous and they absolutely crushed it with the intro:

FKNKEWL!!! I WANNA GO AGAIN!!!... RIGHT NOW!!!!

but I suppose I will have to settle for watching "Wilfred"

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2381
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home