Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Bridges to Babylon + No Security
Posted by: freddyscholtz ()
Date: July 6, 2011 23:02

The best they have done since Some Girls...anyone agree??

Re: Bridges to Babylon + No Security
Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: July 6, 2011 23:06

freddyscholtz
The best they have done since Some Girls...anyone agree??

I'd say better than SG.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-06 23:06 by Sleepy City.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: July 6, 2011 23:08

ER / TY / Undercover / Stripped were better IMHO.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 6, 2011 23:11

Steel Wheels is a great album.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 6, 2011 23:13

Anything is better than Some Girls. Except Undercover, ER and DW.

Date: July 6, 2011 23:16

24FPS
yes, i think this one and Bridges are far superior than Voodoo and Bigger Bang,the have certain undefinible charm that the others lack...an x factor

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: July 6, 2011 23:20

freddyscholtz
24FPS
yes, i think this one and Bridges are far superior than Voodoo and Bigger Bang,the have certain undefinible charm that the others lack...an x factor

My three favourite post-Tattoo You RS albums are Dirty Work, Steel Wheels v& Bridges To Babylon.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 6, 2011 23:25

I love em (own em) ALL..... as should everyone
As usual, every Stones release has some awesomeness and some duds, it is what it is.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: July 6, 2011 23:26

The thread I have been waiting for. Bridges is a strong album and the 97-99 tour was one of their best. They were on such a good path in the late nineties but they lost it. In 1997 Keith Richards said everything was better than saying "just let us be the Rolling Stones". In 2002 the same man said about the four new tracks: "We just wanted to show that we are still alive". What a decline.

Date: July 6, 2011 23:30

and i love that No Security Cd, they are on fire here, the sound is beautyful, a lot of "new" songs and few "hits", even the pictures are great! i love this bridges to babylon era, i hope they do something half as fun soon..

Date: July 6, 2011 23:36

freddyscholtz
and i love that No Security Cd, they are on fire here, the sound is beautyful, a lot of "new" songs and few "hits", even the pictures are great! i love this bridges to babylon era, i hope they do something half as fun soon..
They will

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 6, 2011 23:36

freddyscholtz
24FPS

x factor = Bill Wyman

Date: July 6, 2011 23:45

71Tele
freddyscholtz
24FPS

x factor = Bill Wyman

yes i agree, but aside from that, they do things on this, even in the " so-so" songs like Hearts for Sale, that you think " how did they come up with this??" ...nothing like this can i find in Bigger Bang......i still like though..

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 6, 2011 23:47

I would agree SINCE Some Girls. Some Girls was great!

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: July 6, 2011 23:50

Both are great discs for me, thaks to B2B i went to see them for shows here in Mexico, then as my uncle worked for EMI (he was removed because the piracy) he gift to me the No Security cd at date was released!

since the 1998 i fall sick with the stones! i dont think B2B was a great album, but they still have the touch on that and in my opinion the tour was the last where we can see them full energy and most important they still PLAY in concert, Keith really was amazing with guitar. then 2002-2007 they depend too much from backing vocals and musicians as Chuck or Blondie.

Date: July 6, 2011 23:50

SW is good, even if the mix is weak. When they did ABB they had lost great parts of their passion, they played four songs of the album in the beginning of the tour but they did not believe in it, so great songs like BOMH vanished.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: July 7, 2011 00:04

1. Tattoo You
2. Steel Wheels
3. Bigger Bang
4. Undercover
5. Emotional Rescue
6. Voodoo Lounge
7. Bridges to Babylon
8. Dirty Work

Date: July 7, 2011 00:04

they should hire Chris Kimsey for a new CD..IM NOT KIDDING.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 7, 2011 00:06

No Security is outstanding. I've always thought it underated. The Last Time kicks ass as does Sister Morphine.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 7, 2011 00:07

maybe Dave stewart..................................
hahahaha
byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
jeroen

Date: July 7, 2011 00:07

Chris Kimsey did work very well for the Stones but there will not be a new album.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: July 7, 2011 02:20

Max'sKansasCity

So do I & I love all of them. It's The Stones!!!

Date: July 7, 2011 04:36

uhbuhgullayew
Max'sKansasCity

So do I & I love all of them. It's The Stones!!!
It's The Stones!!!
akayoucansaythatagain smiling smiley

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 7, 2011 07:19

BB and NS were thrilling times for Stones fans. Yeah, Bill is gone. But there is a lot of tension on that disc. Reconciling the past with the now and future. Which created some very fun rock and roll. No way though would I be able to say it is better than Some Girls. SG was the quintessential best album since Exile. They reached back to the grubby clubs of yesteryear and injected it with their rock and roll bravado that brings on that thrilling ride. They punk, they rock, they vamp, and slink around so many styles on SG, which staying close to the core rock sound they excel at.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 7, 2011 07:23

Send It To me
1. Tattoo You
2. Steel Wheels
3. Bigger Bang
4. Undercover
5. Emotional Rescue
6. Voodoo Lounge
7. Bridges to Babylon
8. Dirty Work

agree with you mostly

1. Tattoo You
2. Undercover
3. Bigger Bang
4. Emotional Rescue
5. Voodoo Lounge
6. Steel Wheels
7. Bridges to Babylon
8. Dirty Work

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 7, 2011 07:25

This is the sound of the stones in midlife crisis.

BtoB was not great, but a few great songs. No Security is very good, save Dave Mathews.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 7, 2011 07:36

No Security the CD sucks as a representation of that thrilling tour of '99. The cuts aren't even from the tour! They're from the flaccid Bridges to Babylon tour of '97-'98. I'm surprised no one has put together a bootleg DVD of cuts from the No Security tour, they're all over the internet.

Bridges to Babylon simply fails on repeat listening. Except for 'You Don't Have to Mean It'.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: July 7, 2011 07:43

(insert Emily Litella rebut here)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-07 07:46 by Glam Descendant.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: July 7, 2011 08:49

"Bridges" is a great CD, the last great Stones full-length so far. In 2002, they would have had another full-length album in them but they chose to do 4 new songs only. They could have easily written and recorded enough material for a full album right there and then during the "Licks" sessions but they chose not to. Instead, they were fully content with the money that kept pouring in from the first joint Promotone/ABKCO release ever. It's a good compilation but that's how you become a catalogue artist which is no longer relevant: by just giving it up and not believing that there still is interest in new material (which still is there, by the way).

"A Bigger Bang" unfortunately suffers from production flaws of the mid- to late 2000s era and has the "swan song" all written over its album title as it alludes to the saying "They went out with a bang". Yet, I like its length because fans got "A Bigger Bang for their bucks" as another saying would go.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: July 7, 2011 08:53

(aside)

Hey "Max'sKansasCity": did you ever hang there? I Would love to hear some stories.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1499
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home