Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tables have turned
Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: July 4, 2011 08:24

Back in the day it was Charlie who wasn't keen to tour all the time because he wanted to be with his family and living a quite life, while Keith was the one who couldn't get enough of touring and playing music in general. It seems like tables have turned. Nowadays Charlie is constantly touring while Keith's the one who doesn't give a fukc anymore. While Charlie's touring, Ronnie's playing with everyone everywhere and Mick is the same as always (reaching for new goals, staying active, making new music etc.) Keith is the only Stone who has no interest in doing anything anymore. He is now the quite family man Charlie always wanted to be.

Re: Tables have turned
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: July 4, 2011 09:41

He probably cannot play anymore. The few licks he did on Boogie for Stu are not sufficent for an album or a tour.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: July 4, 2011 10:08

Strange comments on this site. Have you not understood that Patti has been terribly ill? Don't you think this has changed Keith's attitude toward work? I'm told his arthritis is not worse. He's more sober than he's been in ages. He would love to tour with the Stones. Mick has not yet joined the party, which has nothing to do with Keith's book.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 4, 2011 17:10

TeddyB1018
Strange comments on this site. Have you not understood that Patti has been terribly ill? Don't you think this has changed Keith's attitude toward work? I'm told his arthritis is not worse. He's more sober than he's been in ages. He would love to tour with the Stones. Mick has not yet joined the party, which has nothing to do with Keith's book.

Well you can't have your cake and eat it...if it is Patti's illness, then Keith wouldn't be touring even if Mick wanted to.

I do think it has more to do with the book, and probably the condition of his hands.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 4, 2011 17:13

Still, jagger has not said he is eager to tour, Keef said he Wants to Tour.
strange, but true.
byeee
jeroen
ps so its still waiting on the WORD YES from the Mighty Jagger

Date: July 4, 2011 17:25

corriecas
strange, but true.
byeee
jeroen

But he's busy with the new project AND quite probably at least highly annoyed with KR.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 4, 2011 18:16

treaclefingers
corriecas
strange, but true.
byeee
jeroen

But he's busy with the new project AND quite probably at least highly annoyed with KR.

Whatever it is ... maybe Jagger is just more realistic than Keith: "OK, Keith, you want to tour, but with these fingers, you simply can't ... we need to cover your playing with a third guitar player in case we do a tour!" Keith: "NO WAY!!!" Mick: "Ok Keith, then I see NO WAY that we tour at all!".

Posted by: brianwalker ()
Date: July 4, 2011 19:27

treaclefingers
TeddyB1018

Well you can't have your cake and eat it....

This is the 3rd time I have seen this saying on the internet in the last couple of days, and its the 3rd time I have seen it misquoted.

The correct saying is..You can't eat your cake and have it to.

You can have your cake, and eat it. You can't eat and your cake and have it.

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: July 4, 2011 21:49

Pattie's ill?

Date: July 5, 2011 05:30

brianwalker
treaclefingers
TeddyB1018

This is the 3rd time I have seen this saying on the internet in the last couple of days, and its the 3rd time I have seen it misquoted.

ok mom.

Date: July 5, 2011 05:30

treaclefingers
brianwalker
treaclefingers
TeddyB1018

ok mom.

and by mom, i actually meant grandma.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-05 05:50 by treaclefingers.

Date: July 5, 2011 05:49

treaclefingers
treaclefingers
brianwalker
treaclefingers
TeddyB1018

ok mom.

and by mom, i actually meant grandma.

and lastly, in your quote "You can't eat your cake and have it to.", shouldn't the word 'to', have 2 "o" 's as in too ?

I'm not even sure your version of that quote is correct, but assuming it is, and you've gone out of your way here, you'd think you could spell your quote correctly.

You CAN'T have your cake and eat it too Mr. Walker!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-05 05:50 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: July 5, 2011 06:44

Mick will suffer a terribly embarassing flop with SuperHeavy then Keith will get the call to reboot Mick's ego.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: July 5, 2011 07:20

"You can't have your cake and eat it too"
is the way I have always heard this saying.

Ao much speculation about Keith's fingers. What I am really wondering about is what is going on in Charlie's family life that HE is touring this much!

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 5, 2011 17:13

georgeV
What I am really wondering about is what is going on in Charlie's family life that HE is touring this much!

I believe Charlie doesn't like the idea of a world Tour when he is away from home for long periods of time.He also said that a Rolling Stones Tour is like a military/army operation which he doesn't seem to fancy. Doing small gigs, few at a time, with no Rolling Stones questions asked is what he seems to enjoy nowadays.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: R ()
Date: July 5, 2011 17:23

If Super Heavy manages to be a modest hit and transcends its goofy genre-blending pretentions then Mick will feel, once and for all, that his solo efforts are vindicated and we'll NEVER see the Stones again

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 5, 2011 17:33

Maybe that would have been the case in 1987, but now?

Doubt it. The money to be made is in touring - and a lengthy spell of touring with this project isnt really practical for various reasons.

Posted by: R ()
Date: July 5, 2011 17:49

Gazza
Maybe that would have been the case in 1987, but now?

Doubt it. The money to be made is in touring - and a lengthy spell of touring with this project isnt really practical for various reasons.

Only IF Super Heavy manages to be a modest hit and transcends its goofy genre-blending pretentions. I don't see it happening. By the same token Mick has all the money he'll ever need, especially compared to 1987 so IF he could garner some solo hosannas it might placate his ego thus rendering the Stones irrelevant, in his own mind, mind you..

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: July 5, 2011 18:22

I believe Teddy and I think Patti's health is enormously concerning for Keith and he probably wants to spend more quality time since Mick is busy on his 'project' plus the economy sux and they have that little problem with Cohl's lawsuit.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: July 5, 2011 18:23

Plus didn't Keith just say you can't do rock n roll sober and vegetarian? (you get to a point where you gotta start trying to take care of what you have left)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1725
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home