Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Charity Single for Syria
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: September 9, 2015 22:27

Apparently organised by Bob Geldof and Bono - thoughts ?

Re: OT - Charity Single for Syria
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 9, 2015 22:49

For Syria, or the Syrian Refugees?

....and where exactly will the money go?

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 10, 2015 02:03

WTF? Didn't they do this once before under the song title "We Are The World"? Maybe Bono and Geldorf can parachute into a sea of refugees and distribute care packages and video of them doing so can then be played on the evening news to make us all feel guilty and anty up a little dough for the cause at whatever 800 number they want us to call. Such booshee. Don't get me wrong, I feel for these folks and many others, but.... As Jimi Hendix noted: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. And that's what we all need now - the power of love.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 10, 2015 04:49

These kinds of celebrity endeavours don't bother me. I figure, it's always a good thing when people try to raise money for those in need. How much actual good it will do is hard to say, but I suppose if it helps even a few of them, then it's better than doing nothing. I don't know why people get upset at what charity work others choose to do. If you don't approve of it, then don't support it.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: September 10, 2015 14:40

What will it truly achieve? (I'm doubtful and suspicious of it)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 10, 2015 17:30

Please no political statements here.

Bjornulf

Date: September 10, 2015 19:26

Every penny that reaches the people in need helps. This is not politics, it's a fact.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 11, 2015 12:27

Why not do a 3-4 hours live charity show on TV, where people can donate money, see some of the great actors performing, talk with some of them when calling in donating money... like they did in US for New York.

The idea of making a "charity-single" belongs to the past.

In Denmark (5 million people), these shows can collect some 15-20 million EURO. So, if done in Europe inclusive North America, the amount of money collected could become massive.

The spending / use of the money should then be controlled very well, so it is not spent on expensive consultant companies, high profiled people or corrupt politicians / leaders.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1562
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home