Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: Could "Life" have been the Death of the Stones?
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 29, 2011 16:59

Rolling Hansie
Rockman
alotta folks seem to be still hangin' on to the old Mick dick thing

Well, if you hang on something long enough, usually it gets longer smiling smiley

Guys,you cracked me up on this one .>grinning smiley<

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 29, 2011 17:01

Rolling Hansie
proudmary
Gmm, you better ask Stoneage where did he find his statistics

OK. Hey Stoneage, where did you find your statistics ?

The APS chart ?smoking smiley

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: June 29, 2011 19:06

Keith clearly is a depressed emotionally little sick boy. He made obviously all those rotten remarks with the intend to let Mick pull the plug, so he can blame Mick for the end of the Stones, instead of admitting that he can't play any more and see the Stones deal a last blow without him.

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: June 29, 2011 19:22

And again I would suggest to Mick to send Keith on a well deserved retirement. Make a new line-up maybe with three guitars Mick Taylor, Ron Wood and the original Stones member Dick Taylor. That will span with Dick and Jagger right from 1962's beginning (and even the Blue Boys) through the golden years with Taylor till the last three and a half decades with Ron Wood. Maybe Bill even wants to rejoin for a last push if Keef is gone. And don't give me that "It ain't the Stones without Keef" nonsense, for it hasn't been the Stones quality on the last tour BECAUSE of Keef!!!! Again look at Pink Floyd and see the comments on Floyd's Division Bell. Most comments say it's the best album Floyd ever did!!! And it's without Roger Waters!!! (or Syd Barret). And the tour they did in support of it without Waters was the best tour they ever did. So Mick do likewise free yourself of that shackle and taste the fresh air the Stones deserve for a last astonishing album and tour.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 29, 2011 20:24

behroez
Keith clearly is a depressed emotionally little sick boy. He made obviously all those rotten remarks with the intend to let Mick pull the plug, so he can blame Mick for the end of the Stones, instead of admitting that he can't play any more and see the Stones deal a last blow without him.

Interesting observation...may be true, and maybe that Keith is doing it subconsciously.

Looking for the easy way out, and blame goes to Mick.

He certainly 'burned' the bridges to babylon so to speak. Only question is whether they'll be able to, or even care to, do a repair job.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 29, 2011 20:32

behroez
Keith clearly is a depressed emotionally little sick boy.

Great. I always love it when a real psychiatrist enters the room. BTW behroez, you are a real psychiatrist, right ? Or ... ??????

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: June 29, 2011 20:34

Lot of black and white thinking on this thread. Maybe it's possible to be upset with something for a short while, and then not be upset anymore. Just like a lot of things that go on in the course of a lifetime. Human beings get over things. Unless you're the type to nail yourself to a keyboard and go over the same things constantly.
Now if Ronnie could just get Keith on his radio show to make sure the guy is still alive....

Date: June 29, 2011 20:35

behroez
And again I would suggest to Mick to send Keith on a well deserved retirement.

Oops, sorry, you are not a psychiatrist. You are a well informed member of the inner circle of the Rolling Stones who knows that Mick Jagger has the power to send Keith Richards away ... right ?? .. or ... am I wrong again ?

-------------------

Date: June 29, 2011 20:38

behroez
nonsense

LOL, I can agree totally with that one smiling smiley

-------------------

Date: June 29, 2011 20:39

treaclefingers
may be true

Well done, at least you admit that you don't know and are just guessing

-------------------

Date: June 29, 2011 20:44

Good comment brue, and I am not kidding this time

-------------------

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 30, 2011 00:58

......................................NZ73

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: June 30, 2011 01:15

Date: June 30, 2011 01:24

SwayStones
Guys,you cracked me up on this one

Yeah, well, since proudmary was posting all that funny stuff, I thought I would give it a try as well smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 30, 2011 01:27

Stoneage
I think this todger business is a bit over-emphasized. So what if Keith's penis is bigger than his? So what if his penis is slightly smaller than an average one? I'll guess he shares that burdon with a 1/3 of the male gender.

Guys raz eachother about their dicks all the time. At least until your married. Nobody takes it serious. However, getting flogged in public in another thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-30 01:28 by The Sicilian.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 30, 2011 01:31

We once razzed this goofball named Alan about his once and his response was "Its not too big, not too small but just enough to please them all"

A cool response from a jughead.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 30, 2011 02:16

Interesting thought, Behroez.....not sure it's the truth but it's interesting. And I'd go to see the Stones with MT instead of Keith. Are you kidding!?? In a heartbeat. I think most folks would to see the difference.

Date: June 30, 2011 06:37

Rolling Hansie
treaclefingers
may be true

Well done, at least you admit that you don't know and are just guessing

Keep on trolling! smoking smiley

Date: June 30, 2011 11:27

treaclefingers

smiling smiley Humor, I like that

-------------------

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 30, 2011 16:01

behroez

Spoken like a guy who - for the millionth team - really understands the dynamics of this band and who has a total grasp on who does and doesnt 'own' it.

Date: June 30, 2011 17:41

Rolling Hansie
treaclefingers

smiling smiley Humor, I like that

smiling smiley Humans, I like them

Date: June 30, 2011 19:40

treaclefingers

Darn, you're good

-------------------

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 30, 2011 21:33

Gazza
behroez

Spoken like a guy who - for the millionth team - really understands the dynamics of this band and who has a total grasp on who does and doesnt 'own' it.

B.B. King goes on touring being > 85 y.o. and has done some 15.000 shows in his 52 years as an active musician. Why can't Stones keep on going on being almost 20 years younger?

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: June 30, 2011 21:51

When can we expect Life 2?

Think of all the stuff that Keith didn't include or forgot. The second volume would probably contain more pages than the original.

Now that the bridge with Mick has been burned, Keith can really let loose how he feels. He probably has a few more dumpsters full of "stuff" that can fill another book or two.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: July 1, 2011 03:50

The death of The Stones will not be centered around a dick.....Both Mick and Keith have no balls. Maybe if they had balls and tried something musically different, then they would have some life to them.

Date: July 1, 2011 03:58

Rolling Hansie
treaclefingers

Darn, you're good

ok, for that i have no comeback.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 1, 2011 12:33

Bingo
The death of The Stones will not be centered around a dick.....Both Mick and Keith have no balls. Maybe if they had balls and tried something musically different, then they would have some life to them.

Mick's solo stuff has plenty of life...it may not be everyones 'cup of tea' musically but it's definitely IMO bright.....and often experimental ...for better or worse................

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 1, 2011 18:16

Just heard Andrew Loog Oldham on his radio show doing like us, speculating about the future of his former band. Andrew said that although Mick and Keith have had difficulties between them in the past, it was always about the relationship which eventually they had been able to manage like other "married couples". But Andrew said that this time it's about the babies, meaning the songs and that is more difficult to overcome. Oldham didn't mention any facts that made him say those things. For him what Keith said about the writing of the songs may have ended the songwriting partnership between Mick and Keith.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: July 1, 2011 18:30

Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: June 27, 2011 06:24

it's the 6th month of the year 2011

people forget especially people who don't read

they will do something for 2012

they are making big plans

keep hope alive

Well at the end of last year everyone on here people were talking about them doing something this year. Even BV said they will do something and nothing has happened. Other then Keith probably single handedly blowing the band up by being an @#$%&. I haven't read this book but from I see on here he has lost his friggen mind. Also people tend to only talk about how Mick feels about what was written. What about the other band members ? Maybe they were put off by that egomanics book and don't want to work with him anymore. Was this book the death of the band ? Maybe not by itself but it may have been the death blow.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 1, 2011 18:32

I suggest you read the book if you want to have an opinion on it.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1331
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home