Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Howard Stern Rant On Keith
Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: June 26, 2011 20:57

If this has been discussed osrry but I just heard a replay on the Best of the week from Howard Stern. Man did he lay it on Keith something bad. Called him an idiot among other things for screwing up a great thing. without writing a book bacsiclly what he said was that Keith is an idiot. Saying how he wished he could find his old friend blah blah blah and how Keith should not have written about Jagger like that because when people think of the Stones they think of Mick first and Keith as an afet thought . He did give Keith his props for the music they created but just didn't dig whathe said in the book at all.
also that that his opinion means much to the band but he thinks Keith pretty much single handedly just sank the band.

Re: Howard Stern Rant On Keith
Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: June 26, 2011 21:14

bababooey

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: June 26, 2011 21:15

fla fla flow hey

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: June 26, 2011 22:17

I got distracted your spelling threw me off.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 26, 2011 22:50

Basically he's wrong. Mick is the leader, the bands low productivity during the last 30 years is down to him. Keith got fed up in the end and took revenge in form of this book. It's like that song from "Dirty Work" - I had it with you.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 26, 2011 23:05

Stoneage
Basically he's wrong. Mick is the leader, the bands low productivity during the last 30 years is down to him. Keith got fed up in the end and took revenge in form of this book. It's like that song from "Dirty Work" - I had it with you.

Why?
He composed music that Jagger for whatever reasons known only to him did not want to record? Don't think so. What he got fed up in this case? The fact that Jagger can still perform and not just on the stage?

Date: June 26, 2011 23:25

I think that Jagger ever since the 81/82 tour wanted out of the band. The lack of success for his solo projects and his business nose kept him in the band. Therefore these long periods of inactivity (for the band) between tours and (the very few) recordings. I don't think Keith wanted that. On the other hand you can blame Keith for a lot of things that lead to Mick's decisions, but I leave that for another time.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 26, 2011 23:34

All I know is the facts speak for themselves. During the "hiatus" Keith proved he could make damn good records and put on great shows without depending on the Stones legacy and Mick could not. I"m talking about the 80s here. I love Mick dearly and do not shortchange him at all for his leadership of the Stones as a band so everyone can lay off on that angle....

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 27, 2011 00:11

This from a man whose stock in trade is fart jokes and fake lesbians.

Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: June 27, 2011 00:17

Howard Stern is a joke -

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: June 27, 2011 00:17

Howard Stern...isnt he some disc jockey...?...who gives a frickin toss about what he has to say...!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-27 00:19 by ohcarol.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 27, 2011 00:22

71Tele
This from a man whose stock in trade is fart jokes and fake lesbians.
and fake farts and joke lesbians smiling bouncing smiley.....

I dont understand how Stern even exists, it is beyond me (not to get all the Howard zombies in an uproar or anything)(if anyone loves him... and many do, fine... I just dont get it).... I dont understand his stupid side kicks.... or why guests would put up with his puerile interview questions or any of it. I have had my ears "held hostage" on job sites, forced to listen to his crap... and it is really really stupid.

Date: June 27, 2011 02:36

Oh, careful MAX, you'll get labeled on this post quickly.Don't give to strong an opinion (LOL)

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 27, 2011 02:45

Howard is okay. Sometimes he says what the average person might be thinking. It is only in the last few years that Keith has become more of a public persona, than just a drugged out zombie that everyone makes fun of.

Howard has done some great interviews lately with Billy Joel and a couple with Paul McCartney. He told McCartney not to marry and at least get an ironclad pre-nup and McCartney came back on Howard's show and had to admit Howard was right. I would love to re-hear the interview Howard did in the 90s with Ron Wood. Ronnie brought his guitar and played the riffs to a lot of Stones and Faces hits.

Oh, and excuse me, but I love fart jokes and lesbians.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 27, 2011 03:20

21stcenturystones
Oh, careful MAX, you'll get labeled on this post quickly. Don't give to strong an opinion (LOL)
Darn it... yeah.... you are correct... I am always forgetting that rule... Thx.

I was going to try to make up for it by posting a video of farting lesbians, but I was advised that it probably crossed the line, verging waaaay into bad taste, so I suppose I should just leave this to Keith, and his blade, to sort this out with Howie.

Date: June 27, 2011 03:25

Isn't it just the Howard Stern "schtick" to be like that? His brand so to speak. If he acted completely normal he wouldn't have a place in showbiz, maybe?

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 27, 2011 04:14

I don't give a toss what Stern says about anything...

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: June 27, 2011 04:30

They're going to tour next year, provided everyone's health checks out. I don't know why everyone's worried. Mick has had solo projects on the eve of Stones albums/tours in '93, '01, and now '11.

Date: June 27, 2011 04:48

Mel Belli
They're going to tour next year, provided everyone's health checks out. I don't know why everyone's worried. Mick has had solo projects on the eve of Stones albums/tours in '93, '01, and now '11.

You seem to think it's a DONE DEAL.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 27, 2011 04:54

I also don't care what Howard Stern says or thinks.

He is however, correct in this case.

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: June 27, 2011 04:56

Not a "done deal," but I think the intent is there -- as much as it was there in late '01 and '04.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: June 27, 2011 05:16

Stern is no fool. He is quite intelligent. I don't think he knows the innrer workings of the Stones or the Jagger/Richards relationship, but his larger point is a valid one.

Truth is we don't know what has gone on or is going on between Mick and Keith. 99% of what is said in forums like this are pure speculation.

My money says the Stones will be active in one form or another in 2012.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 27, 2011 06:35

....by his own admission Keith has said that he writes songs for Mick to sing.....I don't think Keith has done too many recently that have interested Mick...or he'd be singing them...

Date: June 27, 2011 08:34

James Kirk
Stern is no fool. He is quite intelligent. I don't think he knows the innrer workings of the Stones or the Jagger/Richards relationship, but his larger point is a valid one.

Truth is we don't know what has gone on or is going on between Mick and Keith. 99% of what is said in forums like this are pure speculation.

My money says the Stones will be active in one form or another in 2012.

Stern certainly is no fool, as you say. Not many people could figure out how to have a career and make millions by indulging their sixth-grade level of humor and sexual maturity.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 27, 2011 08:47

Not to belabor Stern, but I will. He is more important as a symbol. Some of the things his group originated, like Robin's News, were ahead of their time. The media itself, at least here in America, has benefited greatly from his willingness to take a chance and discuss subjects previously not on the air. He was willing to be fired, and was, for pushing the envelope of what subjects could be spoken about over the airwaves in America.

By the way, farts are funny.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 27, 2011 15:42

24FPS
Not to belabor Stern, but I will. He is more important as a symbol. Some of the things his group originated, like Robin's News, were ahead of their time. The media itself, at least here in America, has benefited greatly from his willingness to take a chance and discuss subjects previously not on the air. He was willing to be fired, and was, for pushing the envelope of what subjects could be spoken about over the airwaves in America.

so truedrinking smiley

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 27, 2011 16:06

treaclefingers
24FPS

so truedrinking smiley

I agree. On the subject of Keith Richards Howard also said, among other remarks, that he couldn't understand the "self destructive" nature of Richards comments on Mick. Stern 's argument is that if Keef feels that The Rolling Stones is the most important thing in his life why would he take the risk of ruining it with what he says about Jagger in "Life".
If telling the truth is going to kill why you love most, should telling what you believe is the truth that important? Personnally I don't think so.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Date: June 27, 2011 16:19

Mel Belli

And in ยด87

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 27, 2011 17:21

71Tele
This from a man whose stock in trade is fart jokes and fake lesbians....

Stern certainly is no fool, as you say. Not many people could figure out how to have a career and make millions by indulging their sixth-grade level of humor and sexual maturity.

Another that never got it ... he mixes in fart jokes & 6th grade humor for sure, but this is minor, there is so much more you miss if you think that is all there on the show.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 27, 2011 17:45

Howard is a transformative figure in radio....too bad he is only available on Sirius...too many people don;t get to hear him anymore as a result. Resistance is futile.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 933
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home