Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
From the Vaults (and other live cds/dvs) ... question on releases
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 4, 2015 05:51

Is there a good web page that summarizes all the From The Vault releases? I believe there have been a solid 7 or 8 by now but would like to have someplace to check if I have them all.

Thanks in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-29 06:41 by LeonidP.

Re: From the Vaults ... question on releases
Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 4, 2015 05:55

I think you should try... get ready for this... www.stonesfromthevault.com

Date: June 4, 2015 06:00

HearMeKnockin
I think you should try... get ready for this... www.stonesfromthevault.com

Thanks but that's not exactly what I was hoping for. That page only lists 3. I was hoping there was something that had a complete list of what has been released.

Date: June 4, 2015 06:04

Sorry... I know the LA Friday, Hampton, and Marquee Club have all been released, and I thought those were all the releases... since Hyde Park is still upcoming...

Date: June 4, 2015 06:07

HearMeKnockin
Sorry... I know the LA Friday, Hampton, and Marquee Club have all been released, and I thought those were all the releases... since Hyde Park is still upcoming...

No, I have more than that. There is a 1990 Tokyo and 2005 Toronto release. I believe a couple more, but not 100%

Date: June 4, 2015 06:08

actually perhaps I am confusing the google play releases w/ From The Vaults .... are these 2 separate things?

Date: June 4, 2015 06:13

Going thru my stuff, I have a Hampton 1981 which I got from Google Play. Is that a different show than the From The Vault Hampton release?

I am quite confused!!!!

Date: June 4, 2015 06:15

I just checked the (ever-reliable source eye rolling smiley) wikipedia, and, according to it, the Tokyo, Toronto, and Leeds shows are not officially "From the Vault" releases. So that would explain it. It doesn't have the Marquee Club one on wiki, though, because it has yet to be released.
Maybe this helps?

Date: June 4, 2015 06:22

Thanks a bunch HearMe ... I see your sarcastic icon for wiki but I should have thought to check there. It's certainly a great source for discographies. I do see the 'official bootleg' section but it doesn't really break it down for 'vault' or 'no vault'.

Still this is a big help!

Date: June 4, 2015 06:41

It does break it down actually, but you have to click on the article and read the whole summary.
And no problem. smiling smiley

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 4, 2015 07:59

Try the Stones Archive, they're listed as "bootlegs".

[www.stonesarchive.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: June 4, 2015 08:50

It would be handy to have a definitive list of all the vault, movies, and expanded versions of albums from the last few years - if someone could kindly compile and post? smiling smiley It's hard to keep track.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-04 08:50 by WeLoveYou.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 4, 2015 09:30

WeLoveYou

It would be handy to have a definitive list of all the vault, movies, and expanded versions of albums from the last few years - if someone could kindly compile and post?

The Discographies on [timeisonourside.com] as well as on [en.wikipedia.org] should help .... smiling smiley

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 4, 2015 09:55

Deltics

[www.stonesarchive.com]
Is it only me or Leeds 82 is missing from bootlegs list?
[www.stonesarchive.com]
I can see only buttons to 1973, 1975, 1981, 1990 and 2005 on the top.

They should fire their web site developers winking smiley

Date: June 4, 2015 09:57

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-04 09:57 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 4, 2015 10:05

ironbelly
Deltics

[www.stonesarchive.com]
Is it only me or Leeds 82 is missing from bootlegs list?
[www.stonesarchive.com]
I can see only buttons to 1973, 1975, 1981, 1990 and 2005 on the top.

They should fire their web site developers winking smiley

You're right!
Here it is:
[www.stonesarchivestore.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: June 4, 2015 11:44

Deltics
Right. But still - no direct link from home page.

The good thing I can buy it in flac. There are some advantages in life in underdeveloped country winking smiley.

LeonidP
I believe there is no dedicated and well built fun site for those releases 'From the Vaults'. All you can get were posted above. The list is like this

Official bootlegs (Digital downloads), Archives series
1973 - Brussels (2nd show with parts from the 1st show)
1975 - LA Forum
1981 - Hampton
1982 - Leeds
1990 - Tokyo
2005 - Toronto Phoenix

From The Vaults
1981 - Hampton (CD+DVD)
1975 - LA Forum (CD the same as digital download, DVD - from different show)
1971 - Marquee (CD+DVD. Japanese edition has bonus 2CD from Brussels 73)
1969 - Hyde Park??? TBA

You can also count 2013 - Hyde Park (a.k.a. Sweet Summer Sun). But it was released as a regular album, not in the 'Archives' or 'Vaults' series.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 4, 2015 14:20

On top of what ironbelly wrote, there's also (as you all probably know):

Exile Deluxe bonus tracks
Ladies & Gentlemen DVD
Some Girls In Texas DVD + CD
Sticky Fingers Deluxe bonus tracks
Sticky Fingers Deluxe Roundhouse live tracks
Sticky Fingers Super Deluxe Leeds live CD
England '65 live CD (Charlie is My Darling Deluxe)
Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out bonus CD and DVD (5 tracks)

(But these are just standalone releases, or whatever you wanna call it, not in any ”vaults” or ”bootleg” series)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-04 14:21 by LieB.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 4, 2015 14:32

ironbelly
Deltics
Right. But still - no direct link from home page.

The good thing I can buy it in flac. There are some advantages in life in underdeveloped country winking smiley.

LeonidP
I believe there is no dedicated and well built fun site for those releases 'From the Vaults'. All you can get were posted above. The list is like this

Official bootlegs (Digital downloads), Archives series
1973 - Brussels (2nd show with parts from the 1st show)
1975 - LA Forum
1981 - Hampton
1982 - Leeds
1990 - Tokyo
2005 - Toronto Phoenix

From The Vaults
1981 - Hampton (CD+DVD)
1975 - LA Forum (CD the same as digital download, DVD - from different show)
1971 - Marquee (CD+DVD. Japanese edition has bonus 2CD from Brussels 73)
1969 - Hyde Park??? TBA

You can also count 2013 - Hyde Park (a.k.a. Sweet Summer Sun). But it was released as a regular album, not in the 'Archives' or 'Vaults' series.

And then we also have The Re-releases. I only know two of them: the Exile re-release and the recent Sticky Fingers re-release (though the album itself is mastered in 2009). There's also a Some Girls re-release, but I don't have it. But not more than three in total if I'm correct. Maybe nice if someone can describe what all re-releases do contain.

Date: June 4, 2015 15:02

kleermaker
You nail almost everything winking smiley. The problem with those re-releases (as well as new 'Vaults' editions) is multiple formats and different bonus tracks that add extra mess.

Deluxes (in different variants)
1969 - Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out (with 2 Bonus CD and DVD)
1972 - EOMS (Japanese edition with bonus track - All Down the Line (alternate take))
1978 - Some girls (Superdeluxe with bonus 7" (Beast Of Burden/When The Whip Comes Down)and DVD with preview of Live in Texas and 3 official video Respectable, Far Away Eyes and Miss You. Japanese edition with bonus track - So Young (piano version))
1965 - Charlie Is My Darling (with Live 65 bonus CD and 10" vinyl and sountrack CD)
2012 - GRRR (with bonus BBC sessions vinyl and IBC sessions CD)
2013 - Sweet Summer Sun (Japanese with bonus track - Happy)
1971 - Sticky Fingers

Related
1978 - Some girls Live in Texas (CD + DVD)
1981 - Checkerbord Lounge (CD + DVD). I am positive there was LP based version too.
1965 - TAMI Show (DVD)
1964-1969 - Ed Sallivan Show (4 or 6 shows on DVD)

Hope this helps winking smiley

LieB
OOOPS. Kind of second that. But without details on Sticky Fingers

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-04 15:07 by ironbelly.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 4, 2015 15:20

Thanks ironbelly. Now the whole picture seems to be complete, though rather blurred, because of all those different formats.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 4, 2015 15:33

Not so fast my friends. Let's not forget the IBC demos that came with the Grrr deluxe boxset.

Date: June 4, 2015 15:35

Silver Dagger
Not so fast my friends. Let's not forget the IBC demos that came with the Grrr deluxe boxset.
It is there
2012 - GRRR (with bonus BBC sessions vinyl and IBC sessions CD)

Date: June 4, 2015 23:46

Awesome info & links, thanks to all! At work now, I can't wait 'til I'm home to try and sort this all out. I can't bear the thought that I missed out on something!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 5, 2015 04:48

Since 2009 there have been many "archive" releases.

It started with the 40th anniversary reissue of Get Yer Ya Ya's Out!

- 3 Nov. 2009 Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! 40th Anniversary Edition [3xCD + DVD] (ABKCO 02392)
It includes 5 bonus tracks which makes possible to listen to a complete 1969 show.
Also included : BB King and Ike & Tina Turner shows on a 3rd CD. See here : [www.discogs.com]
It was reissued in 2013 in a cheaper and smaller box (still with 3 CD's and a DVD) : [www.abkco.com]
Also available as a HD digital download. See : [www.findhdmusic.com]

- Nov. 2009 Wild Horses EP [Digital Download AAC] (iTunes)
Includes a live video of Wild Horses at Knebworth 1976. Only on iTunes UK. See : [itunes.apple.com]

- 23 March 2010 T.A.M.I. Show [1xDVD] (Shout! Factory SF 11742)
Includes 5 Rolling Stones songs from 1964. See : [www.discogs.com]

- 18 May 2010 Exile On Main St. Deluxe [2xCD] (UMe ?B0014130-02)
10 bonus studio tracks + 1 available as digital download or on Japan 2xCD edition. See : [www.discogs.com]
The 10 bonus tracks were also released as a stand-alone CD "Rarities Edition" in US only : [www.amazon.com]

- 14 June 2010 Stones In Exile [1xDVD] (Eagle Vision ?EV303069)
First Stones release on Eagle Vision. Interviews with band members about EOMS recording sessions. See : [www.eagle-rock.com]

- 8/12 October 2010 Ladies & Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones [1xDVD or 1xBlu-ray] (Eagle Vision EV303159)
Remastered reissue of the 1974 movie documenting the 1972 tour. See : [www.eagle-rock.com]
Also released as a limited deluxe 3xDVD edition (with Stones in Exile and Dick Cavett interviews) : [www.discogs.com]

- 26 April 2011 The Singles 1971-2006 [45xCD] (Universal Music)
45 original singles with many alternate mixes/remixes reissued for the first time. See : [www.discogs.com]
Also available as digital download (in some countries) : [itunes.apple.com]

- 1 Nov. 2011 6 Ed Sullivan Shows Starring The Rolling Stones [2xDVD] (SOFA Entertainment B0015967-09)
All 6 shows featuring the Rolling Stones between 1964 and 1969 - 17 tracks. See : [www.discogs.com]

- 17 Nov. 2011 The Brussels Affair '73 [Digital download - FLAC or MP3] (Promotone B.V. BGDDRS67)
First release for the Official Bootleg series. See : [www.stonesarchive.com]
Now also available on CD (in Japan) along with the new Marquee '71 release : [www.cdjapan.co.jp]

- 21 Nov. 2011 Some Girls Deluxe [2xCD] (Universal Republic B0016235-02)
Includes 12 bonus tracks from the Some Girls sessions with overdubs made in 2011. See : [www.discogs.com]
An alternate take of So Young is available on the Japan edition : [www.cdjapan.co.jp]
Also available as a HD digital download : [www.findhdmusic.com] (in USA only)

- 21 Nov. 2011 Some Girls Live In Texas '78 [1xDVD + 1xCD] (Eagle Vision EV303959)
17 live tracks from SG tour. See : [www.eagle-rock.com]
Also released as a double LP with DVD : [www.discogs.com]

- 31 Jan. 2012 Hampton Coliseum (Live 1981) [Digital Download MP3 or FLAC] (Promotone B.V. BGDDRS71)
2nd release of the Official Bootleg series : [www.stonesarchive.com]
Re-released on October 21, 2014 by Eagle Rock (Eagle Vision ?EAGDV037) as a DVD/2xCD combo : [www.discogs.com]
Also available as a 3xLP + DVD edition : [www.discogs.com]

- 2 April 2012 L.A. Friday (Live 1975) [Digital Download MP3 or FLAC] (Promotone B.V. BGDDRS73)
3rd release of the Official Bootleg series. See : [www.stonesarchive.com]
Re-released on Nov. 14, 2014 by Eagle Rock (Eagle Vision EAGDV038) as a DVD/2xCD combo : [www.discogs.com]
Also available as a 3xLP + DVD edition : [www.discogs.com]

- 6 July 2012 Muddy Waters & The Rolling Stones - Checkerboard Lounge, Live Chicago 1981 [1xDVD + CD] (Eagle Vision ?EV305529)
Concert of Muddy Waters with the Rolling Stones as special guests. See : [www.discogs.com]
Also available as 2xLP + DVD : [www.discogs.com]

- 10 July 2012 Live At The Tokyo Dome (Tokyo 1990) [Digital Download MP3 or FLAC] (Promotone B.V. BGDDRS77)
4th release of the Official Bootleg series : [www.stonesarchive.com]

- 16 Oct. 2012 Light The Fuse (Toronto 2005) [Digital Download MP3 or FLAC] (Promotone B.V. BGDDRS75)
5th release of the Official Bootleg series : [www.stonesarchive.com]

- 2 Nov. 2012 Charlie Is My Darling - Ireland 1965 [DVD/Blu-ray or Box Set with DVD/2xCD/10" vinyl] (ABKCO)
Includes a live album from the 1965 UK tour. See : [www.abkco.com]
The live album was re-released in Jan. 1st, 2013 as a digital download only.
See : [itunes.apple.com] (for the standard digital download) or : [www.findhdmusic.com] (HD digital download)

- 9/12 Nov. 2012 GRRR! Super Deluxe [5xCD + 1x 7" vinyl] (Universal Music)
Includes 5 tracks from the 1963 IBC demos on CD and 4 tracks from the 1964 BBC sessions on vinyl. See : [www.rollingstones.com]
The 50 tracks version is also available as a HD digital download : [www.findhdmusic.com]

- 12 Nov. 2012 Live At Leeds (Roundhay Park 1982) [Digital Download MP3 or FLAC] (Promotone B.V. BGDDRS79)
6th and last release from the Official Bootleg series : [www.stonesarchivestore.com]

- 7 Jan. 2013 Crossfire Hurricane [1xDVD] [Eagle Vision EVB334379]
Documentary on the 1963-1981 years featuring new interviews by band members and live tracks from 1964 and 1965 as bonus. See : [www.amazon.com]

- July 2014 The Rolling Stones [1xLP] (Doxy Records)
Tracks recorded in 1963 presented in chronological order. See : [www.discogs.com] and [www.amazon.com]
Was also available as a digital download as well but seems to have disappeared from online music digital stores...

- 8 June 2015 Sticky Fingers Super Deluxe [3xCD]
5 bonus studio tracks, 5 live tracks from Roundhouse 1971, 13 live tracks from Leeds 1971. see : [www.rollingstones.com]
Available on CD and as digital download.
For the lossless digital download version see [www.qobuz.com] or [ponomusic.force.com]

- 22 June 2015 From The Vault: The Marquee '71 [DVD+CD] (Eagle Vision)
13 live tracks from the Marquee club 1971 concert. See : [www.rollingstones.com]
Also released in Japan with Brussels Affair on 2 CD's : [www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Sources for release dates : [www.nzentgraf.de] and [www.timeisonourside.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-17 04:40 by kowalski.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: June 5, 2015 06:20

kowalski

Yes it did! And yours truly (along with several others from another Stones fansite connected with the then Sister Morphine label) does not mind taking some credit for what we believe contributed to getting that box set re-released. It all started with a petition that we crafted and pitched seven or eight years ago on several Stones boards including this one called the Ya Yas Project (you can do a search for the Ya Yas Project under my name on this site and you'll find it) in time for the 40th anniversary. The petition was sent to Abkco and the Stones organization. I personally paid for and posted advertisements in Goldmine and other music trade magazines to get others involved and sign the petition. Other folks who were involved with this sent our petition to Stones insiders that they knew who could help move it along. I would like to believe that the Ya Yas re-release was the catalyst for future rarities from the vaults that followed (but then again I may just be delusional -LOL!).

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 5, 2015 06:38

Excellent post kowalski, thanks.

peace

Date: June 5, 2015 07:17

Sighunt
kowalski

Yes it did! And yours truly (along with several others from another Stones fansite connected with the then Sister Morphine label) does not mind taking some credit for what we believe contributed to getting that box set re-released. It all started with a petition that we crafted and pitched seven or eight years ago on several Stones boards including this one called the Ya Yas Project (you can do a search for the Ya Yas Project under my name on this site and you'll find it) in time for the 40th anniversary. The petition was sent to Abkco and the Stones organization. I personally paid for and posted advertisements in Goldmine and other music trade magazines to get others involved and sign the petition. Other folks who were involved with this sent our petition to Stones insiders that they knew who could help move it along. I would like to believe that the Ya Yas re-release was the catalyst for future rarities from the vaults that followed (but then again I may just be delusional -LOL!).

Didn't know about that. Well a big thank you as GYYYO 40th anniversary has raised the standard for all the archive releases that came after.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 5, 2015 12:05

Maybe we could also count to the archive releases list:

- 10 July 2015 (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction · 50th Anniversary Edition [12" Vinyl Single] (ABKCO)

[www.amazon.com] · [www.jpc.de]

PS: '(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction' has been released for the 1st time on June 6, 1965 in USA and August 20, 1965 in UK: [en.wikipedia.org] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-07 11:50 by Irix.

Date: June 5, 2015 12:21

Irix
Maybe we could also count to the archive releases list:

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction · 50th Anniversary Edition · 12" Vinyl Single · July 10, 2015

Then should be included too the reissues of Rolling Stones No. 2, first EP, 5x5 EP... But these are not exactly never-officially-released-before-out-from-the-vault stuff.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1863
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home