Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Is Keith working or not?
Posted by: varilla ()
Date: June 23, 2011 20:36

Is Keith working or not? Any knews about it? Only silence...
Has anyone spotted him coming in or out from the studio? What about the rest of the Winos? No news?

Re: Is Keith working or not?
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: June 23, 2011 21:07

I heard he's been hard at work...Keith and a few of the Winos were seen cutting
the grass around Keith's home..
A ton of rain this spring up in CT...HAHA---Sorry,

Posted by: rsk45 ()
Date: June 23, 2011 21:11

He's been out pruning the lemon trees

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 23, 2011 21:15

well, he worked on a movie for a while.

and he wrote a book.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: June 23, 2011 23:37

Hes waiting for Mick to call him.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 23, 2011 23:40

only care if he is working with the stones anything else at this point is just silly IMO, all it will do is delay the stones stuff

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 23, 2011 23:54

actually it seems like he wants to do something. reportedly he's been in the studio with them Winos boys...

and he said something about wanting to 'nail the Stones down' but not crucify them...

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 24, 2011 00:19

The real question I have is were he and Steve Jordan writing new songs or just adding vocals and overdubs and mixing unfinished songs from the eighties and nineties? If the latter is the answer, I wonder if any of Keith's sessions from 10 years ago are likewise being retooled. It's all just speculation until we hear something definitive.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 24, 2011 00:37

Teddy, we need your news!

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: June 24, 2011 08:54

He isn't really working on music for decades only posing and talking! We all do know that.

Posted by: rsk45 ()
Date: June 24, 2011 16:57

jamesjagger
He isn't really working on music for decades only posing and talking! We all do know that.

LMAO smileys with beer

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 24, 2011 17:02

'Keith Richards and 'work' in one sentence doesn't seem appropriate to me smiling smiley

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: June 24, 2011 17:23

yes jamesjagger, I agree.
A bigger bang is dated 2005, 6 years ago.
6 years with no new music is a shame to me, i already said that but it is
an incredible waste of talent .
ok, we had scorsese, we had stones in exile, we had books, we had pirates movies,
but at the end....no new music since 2005..

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 24, 2011 19:16

It's a real waste of time and talent, I agree... Six years without new music it's a real shame!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 24, 2011 20:12

It's not really a shame or a waste if he's simply unable to bring anything to the table. I'm not talking about laziness, fighting with Mick or anything, I mean the guy obvioualy cannot play anymore. There is no other possible reason to explain why The Stones didn't play a lick of music live to promote the Exile reissue.

I'm afraid to say it but my gut tells me The Stones are finished far more than creatively or being culturally relevant (that did decades ago). I fell they're done, even as a Vegas touring business. It's over.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: June 24, 2011 20:18

mailexile67
It's a real waste of time and talent, I agree... Six years without new music it's a real shame!

Compared to everything he's done going back to 1963? If you want to look at him as a recording artist, he's probably done the MOST of all rock'n'roll guitarists alive and maybe ever. It's not a waste of time or talent - the records will live forever. What do you want? He owes you nothing. He never did owe you anything. Nor anyone else. The dude has been on a four year break or however long it's been since the Bang tour ended and it's well deserved and probably way past due. He has nothing to prove.

Date: June 24, 2011 20:35

The funny thing is that while Keith has not been terribly active outside of Stones projects for the better part of the last two decades, Mick has likewise scaled back considerably on his usual juggling of music and film projects over the past few years. Sure, SUPER HEAVY is coming out, but it's been in the works for three years.

They are older. Their priorities have altered a bit. Family seems to matter more at this stage of their life. They haven't retired, they still work.

Keith has been in the studio this year. He's not messing around in his basement. He played tracks for Jimmy Fallon who enthused about the quality of them when Keith was on his show. Keith says it's starting to blossom.

While I don't generally put much in Keith's remarks to the press, I do believe he will be releasing new material. Whether it's a new album or bonus tracks on a reissue, I don't know but I do think we will have new Keith material within the next 12 months.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: June 24, 2011 20:54

I agree with dragonsky. Plus with the wealth of songs and amaterial and tours as of now it is difficult to complain.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 24, 2011 21:02

DragonSky
mailexile67

Compared to everything he's done going back to 1963? If you want to look at him as a recording artist, he's probably done the MOST of all rock'n'roll guitarists alive and maybe ever. It's not a waste of time or talent - the records will live forever. What do you want? He owes you nothing. He never did owe you anything. Nor anyone else. The dude has been on a four year break or however long it's been since the Bang tour ended and it's well deserved and probably way past due. He has nothing to prove.

Completely agree!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 25, 2011 00:35

instead of writing a book he could have been writing the next stones album

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: June 25, 2011 01:14

The last 6 years wasted. Sad.

Date: June 25, 2011 01:45

Let's bear in mind that they were on tour from 2005-2007 so it's not really six years wasted. If Keith were to have written songs for the next Stones album, he would have been very foolish since without a recording contract or Mick writing songs for a Stones album, it wouldn't have happened anyway.

If we can't have the Stones, then I'd rather Keith work solo. While he gave us session work, celebrity cameos in the PIRATES sequels, and a 500-page celebrity bio instead, there is a certain logic in his having done so.

TALK IS CHEAP was a success (not in Stones terms, but it earned a gold record in the US and was critically well-received). MAIN OFFENDER, in comparison, was a severe commercial disappointment. I suspect that cooled Keith's desire to express himself outside of the band in large part.

His recent alignment with William Morris in the last few years and the resulting movie roles, book deal (which certainly commanded a heftier advance than a solo recording contract would), and elevated celebrity status may help make his solo recording comeback a bit more high profile.

I'm certainly not suggesting he will see another gold album (for that matter, the Stones might not either in today's market), but he may certainly sell considerably more copies if you see him on the talk show circuit letting people know it's out and how proud he is of it. Keith has been playing the game for awhile now and it does pay off. Mick's recent move to CAA is quite likely more of the same. They remain astute business men who understand how best to sell themselves whether together or apart.

Date: June 27, 2011 23:10

[rahman360.com]

"There has been much speculation that the Rolling Stones would do a 50th anniversary tour in 2012, but since Jagger has been spending time working on Super Heavy, and he has hired a booking agency for his solo career, those actions appear to be signs that Jagger has plans for 2012 that do not include a Rolling Stones tour.
In addition, Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards is working on a new solo album with members of the X-Pensive Winos. Since Richards has done a tour for every solo album of new material that he has released, it is very possible that Richards may do a solo tour in 2012.
The Rolling Stones have released multiple statements saying that they have no immediate plans to tour.
Meanwhile, a remastered reissue of the Rolling Stones’ 1978 album “Some Girls” is in the works. A release date has not been set for the reissue, but it is expected to have previously unreleased tracks, much like the 2010 remastered reissue of the Rolling Stones’ 1972 album “Exile on Main Street” had previously unreleased tracks

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: June 28, 2011 04:28

What the "shame" is is that people think the last six years without music have been "wasted". THEY get to decide what's wasted time or time well-spent. They're headed into their eighth decade. They've earned it to sit back, play with the grandkids, go fishing, go out to eat with their wives, whatever they want to do. They're not performing seals; it's not all that their lives have to be, to entertain us. The past six years just might have been the best years of their lives. What more do you want from them anyway? Haven't they given us enough of their time?

Tommy

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: June 28, 2011 04:33

Posters on a Stones board complaining that Keith Richards hasn't been active enough for them?

Funniest thing I've heard in a while.

Posted by: B-Flat ()
Date: June 28, 2011 07:37

He was call for an audition of a new group called Super Heavy but he did not pass the test.

Date: July 2, 2011 22:32

...is Keith working or not?! Teddy, where are you friend ?!

Date: July 24, 2011 01:08

"(...) Keith! Watcha, watcha doing?
Ooh, I think the time has come to get out, get out
Get up, get out, get into something new!
Get up, get out, into something new!"

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 24, 2011 01:14

Midnight Toker

"Wasted"? For whom? You? He owes us nothing and has the right to enjoy his life and his family and even kick back a little if he chooses to. If he has something to say again, we'll hear about it.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: July 24, 2011 01:19

71Tele
Midnight Toker

"Wasted"? For whom? You? He owes us nothing and has the right to enjoy his life and his family and even kick back a little if he chooses to. If he has something to say again, we'll hear about it.

thumbs up

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home