Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Would a 2012 tour be an embarassment to the band's legacy?
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 20, 2011 03:40

And fans? Or would they be back up to the high standards we've come to expect?

Ya gotta admit they've fallen off some (if not a lot, depending on night).

Thoughts?

Re: Would a 2012 tour be an embarassment to the band's legacy?
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: June 20, 2011 03:45

Elmo Lewis

Thoughts?
Elmo Lewis..Threads like this ought to be deleted straight away..smiling smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 20, 2011 03:46

Technically they can fix a lot............so yes.......... they probably would meet our expectation again..................or maybe not confused smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 20, 2011 03:46

High standards ? I don't give a @#$%&.

If they are willing to get out there and make an effort, understand what they are physically capable of, and tailor their performance in that regard, then they ain't got a damn thing to worry about.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: June 20, 2011 04:03

Not more of an embarrasment than the last tour.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: June 20, 2011 04:08

Edith Grove

understand what they are physically capable of, and tailor their performance in that regard, then they ain't got a damn thing to worry about.
Edith Grove..yea'..exactly thats what I reckon to

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: June 20, 2011 04:13

No. They all look ready to go. Charlie, Ronnie, and Mick have performed well. They all look great, including Keith, but can he play? Is he healthy? He mentioned about not having enough time. Is there something we don't know about? I want a tour as much as anybody, and I'll be thrilled if there is one...but I just don't feel it in my bones. But I've certainly been wrong before. Hope this is one of those times. They are definitely wanted and needed. Entertainment is needed when times are tough to lift spirits. It makes me sad to think all four guys might not be able to make it to another one. Keith is the one I'm worried about. I'm not convinced he's healthy. Is he? Going thru Patti's thing could've done a number on him....I don't know... Just conjecturing...based on what he has said.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 20, 2011 04:16

riverrat
They all look great, including Keith, but can he play? Is he healthy? He mentioned about not having enough time. Is there something we don't know about?

Elaborate, please.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 20, 2011 04:27

Yawn.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: June 20, 2011 04:44

Not at all.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: June 20, 2011 04:50

Edith Grove
riverrat
They all look great, including Keith, but can he play? Is he healthy? He mentioned about not having enough time. Is there something we don't know about?

Elaborate, please.
Remember on the Jimmy Fallon interview on May 11th when Jimmy pickled Keith's giant whatever (lemon or orange?)--and Keith said he didn't have enough time to wait for it? Can't find the first half of the interview where they joke about that, but I wondered if it really was a joke. Right now, all I can find is the second half of the interview. In the second part of the interview, tho, Keith said he wanted to nail the Stones down for a tour, but didn't want to crucify them, so he did want to get something going.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 20, 2011 06:01

riverrat
Edith Grove
riverrat

Elaborate, please.
Remember on the Jimmy Fallon interview on May 11th when Jimmy pickled Keith's giant whatever (lemon or orange?)--and Keith said he didn't have enough time to wait for it? Can't find the first half of the interview where they joke about that, but I wondered if it really was a joke. Right now, all I can find is the second half of the interview. In the second part of the interview, tho, Keith said he wanted to nail the Stones down for a tour, but didn't want to crucify them, so he did want to get something going.

Keith is always saying shit like that. The fact that we still dissect every word and endow it with great meaning is the only surprise here.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 20, 2011 08:57

They sounded great in 2006. By 2012 they might be ready to do it one more time. And I'll be they think of it that way. That's how they'll get Charlie to do it. I'm not sure they'll break all the records this time, but who cares? This one should be for the fans.

Date: June 20, 2011 10:55

Elmo Lewis

Thoughts?

Since the fans here regarded the BB-tour as the best ever I don´t think so smiling smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 20, 2011 11:09

The Rolling Stones just have to "honk and drive" with a tour 2012. I will be there and check them out...guaranteed ...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: June 20, 2011 11:22

stones78
Not more of an embarrasment than the last tour.

...which was voted as the favourite tour on this forum. What an embarrasment.

Seriously, they are professionals and know what they can do and what can't. If they felt they were really not capable of doing it, they would not do it. If they felt it would be an embarrasment, they would not do it even for the money, I am sure. Of course, it is a matter of taste, some people will call the last tour an embarrasment, but...I can go back where I started :-)

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 20, 2011 16:55

In sports when an athlete attempts a comeback, "scouts" are sent to see the veteran "workout" or play in scrimmages. Those scouts are there to assess the merits of the comeback. Can you imagine this with the Stones? Who would or could say to them - it's just not there guys - don't do it. Back to the athletes - they tend to be the last to know about their declining skills. Ali thought he could be effective as late as 1981.

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: June 20, 2011 17:03

Agree Keith is the big worry for a new tour. Only he will know if he's up to it. Personally would love to see them out on the road.

John Nicholls

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: June 20, 2011 17:11

I think It would be kind of disappointing . They have to many 'Backup' people on the stage now . Maybe it is time to put it to rest. I think the only ones who could do it are Mick and Charley . I think the guitars players are pretty much done. I was watching Shine a Light the other day and in my opinion it just sounded awful. Some of the solos keith played made me cringe .

Posted by: marko ()
Date: June 20, 2011 18:29

well keith should NOT do any solos,ronnies fine i think.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 20, 2011 18:57

Keith is obviously the issue of any greatly expected tour. He could be outstanding ( Lyon 2007) and the worst ( Paris 2007), and just good ( O2; 2007). So if a new tour is to be announced, I would take at least 3 venues to be sure to attend one with a great Keith.

An embarassment !!!! Legacy is behind them.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 20, 2011 19:28

yes - just like the other tours since… 1995, 1998, 2003…?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 20, 2011 20:08

The band's sound was pretty much settled in 1989 with fixed tempos and so on. It's a piece of cake for any musician to adjust to that. If any of the guitarists has a problem hanging on it can be fixed (back-up, pre-recorded bits, and the off-knob!). Mick's voice though can be a problem that is hard to fix. I suggest he looks for professional help: He can afford it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1711
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home