Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
OT: RIP Cecil
Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: July 29, 2015 17:32

Re: OT: RIP Cecil
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 29, 2015 17:39

Yeah, guys with to much money on their hands is always a problem.

Posted by: TheGreek ()

damn crime . these two should get hung !!!!!!! ditto for that dentist . what a jerk .with all of these canned hunts . disgusting !!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-29 17:40 by TheGreek.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()

Disgusting and pathetic

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 29, 2015 17:56

Mr Greek, I'm not the moderator I here but I would advice you to edit your comment here. It was over the top. This is a discussion board not a lynching mob.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 29, 2015 18:13

I'm so sorry people are capable of things like that.
I can't believe they haven't arrested the dentist along with the other two.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 29, 2015 18:40

They should be given another trip to hang out with some lions and this time don't let them take a gun along.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 29, 2015 18:43

Sad news indeed. Hunting a lion with a bow? That alone creeps me out since the chances for the animal suffering are exponentially increased. Unfortunately this is only being publicized because of the fame of that particular lion and stuff like this happens all the time. I personally support several animal conservation groups one that specializes in wild cats. I think that's the best approach to dealing with this sort of stuff. Raging on social media only goes so far.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 29, 2015 19:05

Absolutely dreadful, I almost cried when I saw lions in the wild for the first time, such splendid and rare creatures should be cherished and protected. Horrible man!sad smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 29, 2015 19:10

Stoneage
Mr Greek, I'm not the moderator I here but I would advice you to edit your comment here. It was over the top. This is a discussion board not a lynching mob.

he's right.

Posted by: fuzzbox ()
Date: July 29, 2015 19:58

If you eat meat or use things which requires animals to be killed for it, you should just stfu about this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-29 19:59 by fuzzbox.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 29, 2015 20:00

I think it was the late comedian David Brenner who wrote of a childhood incident when he killed a bird and brought it proudly to his mother. She told him that he should only be proud if he could bring it back to life. Such a senseless waste - I can't for the life of me fathom what kind of validation a person gains from killing a beautiful, wild, endangered animal, simply for their head or skin, must be the actions of a desperately misguided, insecure individual likely beyond redemption. Throw the book at all involved.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 29, 2015 20:03

fuzzbox
If you eat meat or use things which requires animals to be killed for it, you should just stfu about this.

In that case I can shoot my mouth off about it all I want.
And even though I don't eat meat, there's a difference between eating meat
and paying grotesque sums of money to shoot an animal for no reason
and doing it in a way that ensured the animal's prolonged suffering,
apparently simply because you like to cause prolonged suffering.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 29, 2015 20:15

fuzzbox

I don't commute by bike, but I have an opinion about it.

I can't write music, but I have an opinion about it.

I try to be a responsible, participating member of society, up to and including paying my taxes and acting with consideration to others. If something is socially irresponsible or grossly unethical, I am bound to have an opinion about it. And if YOU don't like it, kindly take your own advice.

Date: July 29, 2015 20:19

with sssoul
fuzzbox

I was intentionally vague.

Toothpaste, shampoo, plastic bags, sugar, washing liquids and many many more everyday things we use have animal ingredients. So, whilst this guy is an @#$%& for doing this, we all feed the industries that kill millions of animals everyday just so we can smell a bit better or what ever... The glue that holds those stones guitars together? animal products... People calling for him to be hanged is ridiculous.

Life has taught me that hypocrisy is what humans do best.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-29 20:24 by fuzzbox.

Date: July 29, 2015 20:23

with sssoul
fuzzbox

It has little to do with eating meat when we are talking about trophy hunting. Luring wild animals with bait, trying to kill them with a weapon like a bow because it is "more sporting" just to get a picture of the beast or a stuffed head on the wall? Trophy hunting takes down the biggest and best animals which is exactly the opposite of how things work in nature and over time results in an overall weakening of the species, obviously not a good thing.

But it's actually a complex issue because there are cases where fees from hunts are channeled back into conservation and end up creating more habitat and securing more protection for the animals. Poverty and too many people on the planet actually causes more problems that guided hunts, and we are already at the point where we as humans are going to be the ones deciding which animals will survive in the future and which ones will become extinct.

Date: July 29, 2015 20:26

Naturalust

It has little to do with eating meat when we are talking about trophy hunting. Luring wild animals with bait, trying to kill them with a weapon like a bow because it is "more sporting" just to get a picture of the beast or a stuffed head on the wall?

We have millions of animals killed just so a number of people can have a nice belt, or guitar etc. Little difference really.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 29, 2015 20:29

Hmmm....not exactly Goat's Head Soap but anyway...This is hardly a topic relating to music ...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 29, 2015 20:39

fuzzbox

Why? it took 40 hours for that cat to die...........

Besides, there's a world of difference between killing animals out of necessity and doing it for fun............

It might be hard to accept in a world full of people stuffing their faces, without a second thought with FatDonald's and the like but some people actually give sincere thanks to the animals they eat.......(how the animals receive that (if they can) is of course another question..............

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-29 20:50 by EddieByword.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 29, 2015 20:40

fuzzbox

Well sweetheart i have just come in from a 20 mile hike and i'm just about to sit down to a nice organic rib eye steak and not you or anyone else will make me feel bad about it. Its farmland everywhere here and people could not survive without livestock.
There are inhumane atrocities happening to people and animals all over the world. Its a hideous evil world we live in today. But what's my steak got to do with it. Keep politics out of this place yeah !!
I don't tell you what to eat so don't tell me what to eat thank you..
And i don't take kindly to being told to Shut the fu=k up as you put it..

Date: July 29, 2015 20:49

fuzzbox
Naturalust

It has little to do with eating meat when we are talking about trophy hunting. Luring wild animals with bait, trying to kill them with a weapon like a bow because it is "more sporting" just to get a picture of the beast or a stuffed head on the wall?

We have millions of animals killed just so a number of people can have a nice belt, or guitar etc. Little difference really.

Big difference really. Trophy hunting wild (and often endangered) animals vs. harvesting domesticated ones is significant. It is indeed unpleasant to consider the state of animals role in the food industry so I understand what you are saying but think you probably understand the repulsion with trophy hunting too and are somewhat playing devil's advocate.

Date: July 29, 2015 20:53

EddieByword

... there's a world of difference between killing animals out of necessity and doing it for fun............

There's nothing necessary about the majority of products that feature animal products, or the killing animals for food for that matter.

Date: July 29, 2015 20:55

keefriffhards

Well sweetheart i have just come in from a 20 mile hike and i'm just about to sit down to a nice organic rib eye steak and not you or anyone else will make me feel bad about it. Its farmland everywhere here and people could not survive without livestock.
There are inhumane atrocities happening to people and animals all over the world. Its a hideous evil world we live in today. But what's my steak got to do with it. Keep politics out of this place yeah !!

I don't think you should feel bad about it.

Date: July 29, 2015 20:58

Naturalust

Big difference really. Trophy hunting wild (and often endangered) animals vs. harvesting domesticated ones is significant. It is indeed unpleasant to consider the state of animals role in the food industry so I understand what you are saying but think you probably understand the repulsion with trophy hunting too and are somewhat playing devil's advocate.

Not big...

Partly devils advocate, but suffering is suffering and millions of animals have a miserable existence until they are killed just to feed, give us easier life, make us smell and look good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-29 20:58 by fuzzbox.

Date: July 29, 2015 21:00

fuzzbox
keefriffhards

I don't think you should feel bad about it.

Well i feel bad now for getting high horse about it. Sorry for jumping the gun. Take care Fuzzbox it is a cruel world unfortunately sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-29 21:01 by keefriffhards.

Date: July 29, 2015 21:00

Cows are not endangered. Lions are. Simples.

Date: July 29, 2015 21:04

MrThompsonWooft

I feel very strongly about endangered animals i truly do. I get very upset about it.
I just don't see the connection with eating meat.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 29, 2015 21:10

The dentist who shot Cecil - there's a UK term for people like that: bell-ends.

Date: July 29, 2015 21:14

tomcasagranda
The dentist who shot Cecil - there's a UK term for people like that: bell-ends.

I can think of a lot worse things to call him and do to him..

Date: July 29, 2015 21:15

keefriffhards
MrThompsonWooft

I feel very strongly about endangered animals i truly do. I get very upset about it.
I just don't see the connection with eating meat.

I totally agree.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home