Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: OT: RIP Cecil
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 30, 2015 20:36

I completely despair, a BBC reporter asked some 'Hunt association' executive, "why do you need to go around killing magnificent animals like this?"
He apparently responded with "because it's got teeth"........

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 30, 2015 20:36

Walter Palmer and all others of his mindset are beyond despicable. I could vent at length on this subject and can only hope that the public outcry against the actions of this excuse of a human being will ring the death-knell for this abominable practice of big-game hunting, which has been going on far too long already with government complicity in places like Zimbabwe (the worst culprit), Botswana, Zambia and Mozambique. Cecil was unfortunately just one of many hundreds of other victims of this disgusting blood sport.

The look on the faces of the trophy hunters in these sickening photos says it all:

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: July 30, 2015 20:57

Stoneage
Steve Rogan
I always love to read when one idiot hunter accidently shoots another hunter.

One former Vice President comes to mind when you mention this...

ONE AGAIN, you make this political. Despicable

Date: July 30, 2015 21:01

1. Was this a terrible event? yes
2. Was Mia farrow unbelievably irresponsible publishing his address? YES!
3. Are the people saying he should die or even worse hoping he gets killed wrong and actually creating a bad climate almost suggesting a lynching- YES YES YES

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 30, 2015 21:08

Stones50
Stoneage
Steve Rogan

Cool out Stones50. Mentioning a politician doesn't make a post political. Especially when the activities they were engaging in had nothing to do with politics. eye rolling smiley

I'm just happy this thread has been allowed to continue. It's about awareness of important issues in our world and although OT, it's nice to see we have been able to express our outrage concerning this unfortunate event.

I would like to add that although the hunter has made statements saying he thought the hunt was all above board, I'd like to see him try to explain his attempts to destroy the radio collar! Usually these hunts are all captured on film, and however distasteful to watch I think some real awareness and justice might occur if the video was made public. smoking smiley

Date: July 30, 2015 21:09

you cool out

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 30, 2015 21:15

a big part of the problem is these animals reside in very poor countries and the huge payouts are welcomed by the local community.

it's really sad but they allow a few of the animals to be "harvested" so they can get the money,money that they actually do need and probably wouldnt allow any of the animals to be killed if they didnt have to.

this is truly a case of the "ugly american"-when people hate america usually deep down they know it's really just the government pulling some unhanded crap and the people have nothing to do with it,this is different.

i'm embarrassed for my country that one of our citizens would pull some sick shit like this in another part of the world

dr lowlife payed 50,000 dollars to go basically execute this animal,how hard was he to catch if the locals had to drive around him because he sometimes slept in the road?even hunters are bashing him here in the states-

what kind of person just kills something like that for fun? can you imagine that,and his patients by paying for his services unwittingly helped him do it, due to no fault of their own and now they have to live with that.
i just hope there is enough pressure from the publicity this has generated that he doesnt get to pay his way out of it.

Date: July 30, 2015 21:18

You're embarrassed by your country?! So this was done by the USA? Geesh.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 30, 2015 21:24

Stones50
Stoneage
Steve Rogan

Facts are facts he did do that.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: July 30, 2015 21:26

Stoneage
Steve Rogan

yeah....had to be reminded

Date: July 30, 2015 21:30

More Hot Rocks
Stones50
Stoneage
Steve Rogan

Facts are facts he did do that.

He killed a lion?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 30, 2015 21:35

the scumbag dentist did the same thing before it was reported in the news this morning in regards to a bear he blasted .Naturalist totally agree with you about this dirtbag .

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 30, 2015 21:41

also i would like to add that i heard on the news this morning that this was a former zoo resident and that is why he was able to be baited with a dead carcass dragged behind a truck the two guides were driving in order to lure him out of his protected preserve .pretty dispicable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.because a male does not hunt , that is what the females do in the "pride"

Date: July 30, 2015 21:47

Stones50

do you lack the ability to understand what people are saying or are you just being puposefully ignorant?

more hot rocks didnt say cheney killed a lion and i didnt say the entire united states committed this crime.

if you don't have a problem with what the guy did ,just come out and say it.don't keep qouting everyone over and over and acting like you're confused by it all.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 30, 2015 21:49

I would like to weigh in one last time here. It's very nice to see there are humanity kind of people out there, believe me when I say this is wonderful for me as I've become very cynical. Anyhow, "you" are not alone. If I could bring in a song title by Deep Purple it's "the battle rages on". Kind of sums it up for me. Furthermore, I would like to say it's a great feeling when I meet people like most of you here at concerts or anywhere along the way. Keep on keeping!

Date: July 30, 2015 21:49

TheGreek
the scumbag dentist did the same thing before it was reported in the news this morning in regards to a bear he blasted .Naturalist totally agree with you about this dirtbag .

Yes his credibility concerning the legality of what he is doing doesn't really stand up in light of that earlier felony conviction. What's just as upsetting to me is the record of big game kills the guy has listed on one of his trophy hunting membership site, Safari Club International. The guy has killed mountain lions, polar bears and 42 other species in his quest stoke his ego. Tiny todger syndrone indeed.

Date: July 30, 2015 22:20

Naturalust
TheGreek

Yes his credibility concerning the legality of what he is doing doesn't really stand up in light of that earlier felony conviction. What's just as upsetting to me is the record of big game kills the guy has listed on one of his trophy hunting membership site, Safari Club International. The guy has killed mountain lions, polar bears and 42 other species in his quest stoke his ego. Tiny todger syndrone indeed.

these guys are seperate from the typical hunter.game hunting isn't something i would do but i understand it.most hunters are guys who also fish and use the catch to help feed their families.
a deer killed in the fall can help someone without alot of money get through a winter,i get that.

these trophy hunter a-holes are another deal altogether,they have alot of money and want to pay to go out of their little world and be a tough guy for a day.
truth is they are closer to a mentally ill kid who kills his neighbors dogs and cats than they are to actual hunters.

Date: July 30, 2015 22:37

Well, I hope he is extradited and gets what he deserves, though he is far from alone in committing this crime.

BREAKING: White House considers extradition of Cecil lion killer Walter Palmer

[www.express.co.uk]

Date: July 30, 2015 23:32

lem motlow
Stones50

do you lack the ability to understand what people are saying or are you just being puposefully ignorant?

more hot rocks didnt say cheney killed a lion and i didnt say the entire united states committed this crime.

if you don't have a problem with what the guy did ,just come out and say it.don't keep qouting everyone over and over and acting like you're confused by it all.

qouting?

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: July 30, 2015 23:51

Beast
Walter Palmer and all others of his mindset are beyond despicable. I could vent at length on this subject and can only hope that the public outcry against the actions of this excuse of a human being will ring the death-knell for this abominable practice of big-game hunting, which has been going on far too long already with government complicity in places like Zimbabwe (the worst culprit), Botswana, Zambia and Mozambique. Cecil was unfortunately just one of many hundreds of other victims of this disgusting blood sport.

The look on the faces of the trophy hunters in these sickening photos says it all:

[www.theguardian.com]

those photos are sickening - there is something very wrong with those people

did you look at the photos done by Nick Brandt that i posted yesterday? they are worth viewing i think: amazingly beautiful and poignant

[nickbrandt.com]

[nickbrandt.com]

[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: July 30, 2015 23:53

Stones50
lem motlow
Stones50

qouting?

wow,you found a typo,you must be so proud.that's a really strong post.i have a couple of others in there too, maybe you could post those because it just adds so much to this conversation.
of all the thoughts and information given by everyone in this thread that's what you focused on?
again,if there's something you really want to say have the guts to just come out and say it.

Date: July 30, 2015 23:55

Well it was very sad what happened to the lion

Date: July 31, 2015 00:13

Stones50
Well it was very sad what happened to the lion

thank you,to be honest i thought you were taking shots at us instead of saying something else that was on your mind,i'm sorry i misunderstood you.

i get what you were saying about the america thing actually,i dont care for these weasels that go around looking to apologize for america,i'm not one of those.my point was it's not a good look for one of us to be throwing huge sums of money around to poor people so they can kill their animals.

Date: July 31, 2015 00:39

CloudCat
Beast

[www.theguardian.com]

those photos are sickening - there is something very wrong with those people

did you look at the photos done by Nick Brandt that i posted yesterday? they are worth viewing i think: amazingly beautiful and poignant

[nickbrandt.com]

[nickbrandt.com]

[en.wikipedia.org]

Yes and thank you! Those photos are absolutely breathtaking and bring home all the more the point about these sick trophy hunters.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 31, 2015 00:43

I live in an area where I think I am literally the only person I know who doesn't hunt and/or fish, but all the people I've spoken to about this--admittedly, it's not like I've been talking about this all day--see a vast moral difference between this case and hunters who kill non-endangered animals both for sport AND for food. (I'm a total hypocrite about this, I couldn't go out there and kill Bambi, but I'm always grateful for any venison that comes my way. At least I admit to that particular hypocrisy.) I have yet to speak to anyone who condones what this guy did, and I think to tar all hunting with the same brush is as facile as equating jaywalking with grand theft auto.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 31, 2015 01:37

When enough time goes by this will all be forgotten. Think of Michael Vick, the American football player, who was involved in dog fighting. He's now on a team and enjoying life. Sickening.

Date: July 31, 2015 02:02

steffialicia
When enough time goes by this will all be forgotten. Think of Michael Vick, the American football player, who was involved in dog fighting. He's now on a team and enjoying life. Sickening.

No doubt his money will solve his problems in Zimbabwe but the lasting damage will be to his practice in that relatively small town he lives in. I wouldn't underestimate the ability of these midwestern small town folks to remember this incident and carry a grudge. I suspect that this is the biggest thing to happen to that town in a long long time.

I'm guessing the public relations firm he hired has recommended he become invisible and not directly address this issue. No matter how well he justifies his position he will always lose in the court of public opinion just because of the nature of his "hobby". I would feel somewhat better if he gave a voluntary $100,000 donation to the game park where Cecil resided.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 31, 2015 02:35

with sssoul
fuzzbox
If you eat meat or use things which requires animals to be killed for it, you should just stfu about this.

In that case I can shoot my mouth off about it all I want.
And even though I don't eat meat, there's a difference between eating meat
and paying grotesque sums of money to shoot an animal for no reason
and doing it in a way that ensured the animal's prolonged suffering,
apparently simply because you like to cause prolonged suffering.

lovely bitch-slap SSS.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 31, 2015 02:40

Stoneage
Steve Rogan

He didn't shoot him. He 'peppered' him!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 31, 2015 03:15

I think the "hunting gene" is more dominant in some humans. The rest of us have evolved. This dentist is an abomination.

That said, Humans are omnivorous, our teeth have developed according to our needs. I have been a vegetarian for 30 years and, as a good Homo Sapien, I am the first to say it is an unnatural state. Fortunately, there is Morningstar Farms.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1154
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home