Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Brian Jones TV segment for 'Myths And Legends'
Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: June 12, 2011 04:23

This is a TV show which aired on cable a few years ago called 'Myths And Legends'. I just had it transferred from video to DVD and then put onto YouTube. This is for those of you who have never seen it before. It's a tabloid show which focuses on the rumors that Brian's death might have been homicide.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-12 04:35 by originalstones.

Re: Brian Jones TV segment for 'Myths And Legends'
Posted by: tay66 ()
Date: June 12, 2011 13:58

ok i love the monkees but why the balls is davy jones talking?

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: June 12, 2011 15:28

Thanx for posting...

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: June 12, 2011 18:20

A great synopsis of what may have happened that night. Plus there is more, the burning of his belongings by Tom Keylock, a few weeks later the brutal attack of one of the female drivers, the perpetrator never found...the plot forever thickens, it seems we will probably never know the real truth. That's bad, Brian deserves some justice, after all, he was the initial driving force in the formation of the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World.

Date: June 12, 2011 18:36

Blue
a few weeks later the brutal attack of one of the female drivers, the perpetrator never found.

Actually the perpetrator was caught and did time in prison. It was completely unconnected with Brian's death.

Date: June 12, 2011 20:35

Sorry, I didn't know they caught the person. Didn't mean to spread more mis- information, because am sure there is already too much of that already concerning his death.

Posted by: neptune ()
Date: June 13, 2011 01:42

Blue
That's bad, Brian deserves some justice, after all, he was the initial driving force in the formation of the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World.

I feel that Brian will only get justice if Mick and Keith get behind the cause. Mick and Keith are the only individuals who can sway public opinion on this and force the case to proceed swiftly. But they have never supported the reopening of the case.

Date: June 13, 2011 02:06

neptune
Blue
That's bad, Brian deserves some justice, after all, he was the initial driving force in the formation of the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World.

I feel that Brian will only get justice if Mick and Keith get behind the cause. Mick and Keith are the only individuals who can sway public opinion on this and force the case to proceed swiftly. But they have never supported the reopening of the case.
No, they have never been supportive of Brian in any way, quite the opposite, IMHO

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 13, 2011 02:07

"A few weeks after Brian Jones death, on July 26, 1969, Joan Fitzsimons was the victim of a vicious assault near Chichester which left her in a coma with a fractured skull and blinded for life. Her boyfriend, Jordanian Michael Ziyadeh, pleaded guilty to attempted murder and spent four years in Broadmoor Prison before being deported. Despite his guilty plea, Ziyadeh always claimed he did not carry out the attack. The police case against him concluded, "The motive for this is a mystery"

However Fitzsimmons was the some-time mistress of Frank Thorogood and worked for her family's taxi firm in Chichester, only about 40 miles from Cotchford Farm. She was also a friend of Suki Poitier, a former girlfriend of Brian Jones. In fact in the days following Brian Jones death, both Poitier and Fitzsimmons stayed at Cotchford Farm.

Joan Fitzsimmons died in 2002 and since then certain information has become available under the freedom of information act. One of these pieces of information was a statement made to police by her brother claiming she was scared of Frank Thorogood. Irene Russell, Joan Fitzsimmons mother even made a statement to police stating she was at Cotchford Farm the night of Brian's death and that Frank Thorogood had been making her life awkward."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-13 02:12 by His Majesty.

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: June 13, 2011 02:20

Thanks for posting the clip. Nothing really new but interesting anyway.
Marv

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Date: June 13, 2011 02:56

His Majesty
"A few weeks after Brian Jones death, on July 26, 1969, Joan Fitzsimons was the victim of a vicious assault near Chichester which left her in a coma with a fractured skull and blinded for life. Her boyfriend, Jordanian Michael Ziyadeh, pleaded guilty to attempted murder and spent four years in Broadmoor Prison before being deported. Despite his guilty plea, Ziyadeh always claimed he did not carry out the attack. The police case against him concluded, "The motive for this is a mystery"

However Fitzsimmons was the some-time mistress of Frank Thorogood and worked for her family's taxi firm in Chichester, only about 40 miles from Cotchford Farm. She was also a friend of Suki Poitier, a former girlfriend of Brian Jones. In fact in the days following Brian Jones death, both Poitier and Fitzsimmons stayed at Cotchford Farm.

Joan Fitzsimmons died in 2002 and since then certain information has become available under the freedom of information act. One of these pieces of information was a statement made to police by her brother claiming she was scared of Frank Thorogood. Irene Russell, Joan Fitzsimmons mother even made a statement to police stating she was at Cotchford Farm the night of Brian's death and that Frank Thorogood had been making her life awkward."

Where is this from? I've seen the police reports on the case. "Mike" Ziyadeh had marks on his body from the assault and was seen by numerous eye-witnesses as it happened during the day. He has also admitted carrying out the crime as of just a few years ago. Thorogood had a pretty good alibi as to his whereabouts the night of the attack. Also, people who knew Fitzimmons said in their statements to the police that she was afraid of Zihadeh and did not trust him. He was known to have an extremely short temper.

Date: June 13, 2011 03:00

His Majesty

With information like this article, it's not a wonder that conspiracy theories abound in the Brian jones case, especially if this is true.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 13, 2011 03:18

originalstones

Where is this from? I've seen the police reports on the case. "Mike" Ziyadeh had marks on his body from the assault and was seen by numerous eye-witnesses as it happened during the day. He has also admitted carrying out the crime as of just a few years ago. Thorogood had a pretty good alibi as to his whereabouts the night of the attack. Also, people who knew Fitzimmons said in their statements to the police that she was afraid of Zihadeh and did not trust him. He was known to have an extremely short temper.

I didn't keep note of the site, but they probably just copied it from Scott jones or Trevor hobley, or someone similar.

Just posted it out of interest for others, personally I'm not interested much in commenting about Brians death and the related speculation, better to focus on the music he was part of whilst he was alive.

thumbs up

Date: June 13, 2011 03:26

"I didn't keep note of the site, but they probably just copied it from Scott jones or Trevor hobley, or someone similar."

I figured it might have been one of the two.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 13, 2011 03:57

Great post...........although it doesn't clarify anything......except for his Super Group...Lennon, Hendrix !!!!!! smiling smiley

Date: June 13, 2011 04:08

NICOS
Great post...........although it doesn't clarify anything......except for his Super Group...Lennon, Hendrix !!!!!! smiling smiley

I don't think it even clarifies that. How does Pat Andrews know? I knew her personally and unfortunately she is just repeating rumors.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 13, 2011 04:17

Yes I know originalstones I was just dreaming.................

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: June 13, 2011 17:27

Is Prime the name of the channel this program was on? I haven't heard of it. Is it in the U.S.?

Date: June 13, 2011 19:25

I forgot what channel it was on, but, yes, it was shown in the U.S..

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 13, 2011 19:42

Thanks for the post. Still a mystery....

Posted by: brianwalker ()
Date: June 13, 2011 20:45

phd

Its not a mystery. the case was solved about 40 years ago. You could make any murder look suspicious if you wanted to, which is what the tabloids do.

Why do people fall for this stuff over and over again.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: June 13, 2011 21:37

brianwalker
Its not a mystery. the case was solved about 40 years ago. You could make any murder look suspicious if you wanted to, which is what the tabloids do.

It's a mystery because we actually don't know what happend that night at Cotchford and the day after. The case isn't solved if Brian was murdered and if he wasn't murdered then what made him drown in the pool? What happend to his stuff that wasn't burned in the bon-fire?

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 13, 2011 21:39

brianwalker
phd

Could have the Stones founder had an ordinary end, by that I mean cristal clear. I was 15 at that time. The papers and rock magasines talked about drugs and swimming pool. And that was all. Murder "surfaced" years later to the surprise of a lot of people, I guess... By the way, I am sure you pretty well know who killed JFK..

Date: June 13, 2011 21:54

I think in a way Brianwalker is right. There were no signs of struggle on Brian's body. There was no proof of foul play at the time. Of course this doesn't mean there wasn't. But any writer can make someones death sound suspicious. I think a lot of the theories surrounding Brian's death are nothing more than just that - theories - they are not based on any strong evidence. And this is coming from the person who started this thread.

Date: June 13, 2011 23:15

phd
brianwalker
phd

Could have the Stones founder had an ordinary end, by that I mean cristal clear. I was 15 at that time. The papers and rock magasines talked about drugs and swimming pool. And that was all. Murder "surfaced" years later to the surprise of a lot of people, I guess... By the way, I am sure you pretty well know who killed JFK..

A guy on drugs drowned in a swimming pool. Huge shock.

Why do people ignore what authrities with resources to investigate say. People do this over and over again. So you think people on an internet board know that Jones didn't just dorwn in his pool, like many people do every year, but people whos actual professsion to inveatgate these things aren't on to it yet. Its the same thing with every celeb murder.

And by the way, yes I am positve that Oswald killed JFK alone. Its an open and shut case, that alot of people have many money off of spreading rumors.

Date: June 14, 2011 00:30

"And by the way, yes I am positve that Oswald killed JFK alone. Its an open and shut case, that alot of people have many money off of spreading rumors."

I was going to say the same thing. I just figured this will turn into a JFK conspiracy debate. I'm a big buff on the JFK assassination and have come to the conclusion that Oswald did it alone as well.

Posted by: matsumoto33 ()
Date: June 14, 2011 03:47

originalstones
"And by the way, yes I am positve that Oswald killed JFK alone. Its an open and shut case, that alot of people have many money off of spreading rumors."

I was going to say the same thing. I just figured this will turn into a JFK conspiracy debate. I'm a big buff on the JFK assassination and have come to the conclusion that Oswald did it alone as well.

Have you both just read the Bugliosi book? Funny, could hardly find anyone who thought it wasn't a conspiracy until that was published. That book seems to have changed a lot of people's minds...

Date: June 14, 2011 03:55

matsumoto33
originalstones

Have you both just read the Bugliosi book? Funny, could hardly find anyone who thought it wasn't a conspiracy until that was published. That book seems to have changed a lot of people's minds...

I already believed Oswald did it alone, but I did read Bugliosi's book and it made it even more clear. Its really a no brainer.

There is also a website that proves as clearly as anything else that Oswald did it alone. Its called Mcadmams JFK.

Posted by: matsumoto33 ()
Date: June 14, 2011 05:22

brianwalker
matsumoto33
originalstones

I already believed Oswald did it alone, but I did read Bugliosi's book and it made it even more clear. Its really a no brainer.

There is also a website that proves as clearly as anything else that Oswald did it alone. Its called Mcadmams JFK.

I'm about to read 'Reclaiming History' so I'll have to reserve judgement on how persuasive it is. Didn't know about Mcadmams JFK; I'll have a look at that later. Thanks for the recommendation....

Date: June 14, 2011 06:56

matsumoto33
originalstones

Yes, I read Bugliosi's book four years ago when it first came out. Masterpiece. Supposedly HBO will be doing a 10-part mini-series on his book in time for the 50th anniversary of JFK's death in two years. Tom Hanks purchased the rights to his book and is doing it through his production company Playtone. However, Bugliosi's book is not the one which convinced me the JFK assassination wasn't a conspiracy, instead it was a book called With Malice by Dale K. Myers which was about the murder of Police Officer J.D. Tippett, who was killed by Oswald 45 minutes after he killed JFK. A lot of conspiracy buffs don't believe Oswald killed him either. A really good book.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2208
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home