Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stop Breaking Down - Live
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 19, 2015 01:19

I had one of those now you hear it now you don't moments last night. I swear I heard a live version of Stop Breaking Down coming from someones car. It was brief but I heard some killer horn lines, really funking up the tune, New Orleans style..just awesome.

I almost jumped in the truck to try to run the guy down to find out what I was hearing.

Anybody aware of a killer live version of this tune floating around out there? One with amazing horn lines complementing the groove and countering the melody and reinforcing the funky backbeat? Maybe I just have stones on my brain and was hearing something that doesn't exist. Thanks.

peace

Re: Stop Breaking Down - Live
Date: June 19, 2015 01:37

It sure doesn't sound like the Stones's live version smiling smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 19, 2015 01:55

Where did Robert Cray join them to play this song?

Date: June 19, 2015 01:55

Miami 1994.

Date: June 19, 2015 02:00

DandelionPowderman
It sure doesn't sound like the Stones's live version smiling smiley

I swear I thought I heard Mick singing, hard to mistake his voice but the song was definitely much more swinging and up tempo finky than any version I've heard them do.

If it wasn't them, it sure makes me think they could do a fantastic version of it with the sax players truly spicing it up. I know you can hear it dandie....think Rocks Off, syncopated sometimes stacatto horn lines over the top of a swinging rhythm section.

I've been searching like mad trying to find it and the closest I can come up is this version by Widespead Panic. The groove was similar but the horns were much more active, not just riffing on the bass line. And I heard more than one of them, perfect for Karl and Tim to pull off together.

[www.youtube.com]

peace

Date: June 19, 2015 02:11

DandelionPowderman
Miami 1994.

The Mick Taylor version:

video: [www.youtube.com]

Date: June 19, 2015 02:12

The Eric Clapton and Billy Preston version:

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: June 19, 2015 02:27

The Jeff Healey version:

[youtu.be]

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: June 19, 2015 02:29

Maybe someone who's sitting on a killer unknown soundboard tape of an unknown private Stones concert where they played Stop Breaking Down?

Date: June 19, 2015 02:53

Thanks The Sicilian and terraplane, I've checked out all those versions and while sweet weren't even close to amazing groove I heard for about 10-15 seconds.

I figure if no one in this crowd knows about it, it probably doesn't exist. sad smiley If it was in the Stones vault I'm sure Don Was would have creamed his jeans and made sure it was released on the Exile re-issue.

I beginning to suspect it was some live Widespread Panic recording, their version is the closest thing groove wise to what I've heard .

Thanks guys.

peace

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1399
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home