Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Stones In Muscle Shoals yesterday
Posted by: polythene sam ()
Date: June 16, 2015 17:34

It's reported in the Beat Gear Cavern forum that The Stones were recording in Muscle Shoals yesterday. They were spotted lunching in town.

Re: Stones In Muscle Shoals yesterday
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 16, 2015 17:36

hot smileyhot smileyhot smiley

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 16, 2015 17:37

well hopefully Keith and Ronnie wont try to drive to Nashville..

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 16, 2015 17:50

Ronnie was in Nashville yesterday (100% definite) and apparently Charlie also.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 18:04

I wonder if this has something to do with #StonesIsm?

Date: June 16, 2015 18:15

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 16, 2015 19:09

Didn't a certain banned member here say LONG AGO that they were writing/working on a new album? Just sayin'.
smoking smiley

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 16, 2015 19:11

I think the Stones are waiting for Brian Jones to return to the band before they do their next album...

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 16, 2015 19:26

I guess it's more likely they the did some promotion photo shooting than some recording (or maybe they went there just for sightseeing)…

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 16, 2015 19:28

My bet is they filmed a little walk down memory lane for the upcoming Sticky Fingers dvd release.. Would make sense.. they interviewed/filmed people at The Fonda associated with the record,and splicing in some footage of where some of it was recorded, with some of the people involved..Swampers (any still around?) would be very cool..

Maybe they even laid down a track... (or more) that also would be very,very cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-16 19:30 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 20:11

...Promotional Photo shooting, filmed footage for a DVD, no recording...Are they actors or musicians?!?!!

Date: June 16, 2015 20:22

mailexile67
...Promotional Photo shooting, filmed footage for a DVD, no recording...Are they actors or musicians?!?!!

Acticians.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 16, 2015 20:39

I seriously doubt they were doing any recording. The original studio is more of a museum these days and equipment needs to be brought in from the new studio to facilitate any serious recording from what I understand. Besides I imagine setting up a session for the Stones these days involves a bit more time than they have between shows....and how is Keith going to record without Charlie keeping time for him?

Perhaps Keith was just looking for some of the drugs he stashed before leaving the studio in 1969. grinning smiley

My guess is that if they are going to try to make some "roots" recordings as Cocaine Eyes suggested this spring, it will happen in NYC after this tour concludes, while the band is warmed up and they are close to the business offices to discuss extending the tour to South America.

peace

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 17, 2015 07:57

Dreamer
Didn't a certain banned member here say LONG AGO that they were writing/working on a new album? Just sayin'.
smoking smiley

You asked, not said. Said.

Posted by: SackofBrokenEggs ()
Date: June 17, 2015 08:11

The Stones themselves said they're gonna record soon. Not to mention I predicted it... So much for modesty. You'd think I would have known they wouldn't take the stage tonight.... I'm guessing by this time next year, we'll all be listening to new Stones songs. But now I'm repeating myself.

Date: June 17, 2015 08:15

Hey so we haven't seen the last of you. The Stones need to put their action where their mouth is. WHich also applies to 'Zip Code' and the like...

Date: June 17, 2015 08:19

You might be thinking I'm somebody else. I only predicted it like two and a half weeks ago. Nikkei, is your favorite color purple?

Date: June 17, 2015 08:21

Green actually but I dress in all sorts of colours. I recently got a purple Ubuntu shirt and wore the hell out of it.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: June 17, 2015 08:22

I am getting the creeps because wasn't that place a coffin factory or something before it became a recording studio?

One foot on the ground, one foot in the studio...

Date: June 17, 2015 08:24

Nikkei
Green actually but I dress in all sorts of colours. I recently got a purple Ubuntu shirt and wore the hell out of it.

Okay, okay... so I was warm. Are you partial to linguine?

Date: June 17, 2015 08:29

Now you lost me. My first linguige isn't english I'm afraid.

Date: June 17, 2015 08:31

Oh you know, noodles, pasta. Probably you don't eat a lot of pasta... Hhmmm let's see, you love animals.

Date: June 17, 2015 08:35

From my experience, so many children grow up with Spaghetti being their favourite food that it becomes very occasional to return to it after some years. I fail to see the connection to animals, but I like them more than Kid Rock.

Date: June 17, 2015 08:45

Well anyway, I was just brushing up on attempting to guess stuff. Thanks for conversing with me here. I don't mean to derail the thread!

Hopefully the Stones were recording at Muscle Shoals. They just seem eager to put out some new stuff. Keith said he was "ready" in that recent interview. Mick said he would "love to record a new Stones album," or something to that effect in another interview. It just appears that the stars are lining up and stuff is coming together. Everything feels right, they sound great... so all the fans are waiting for it to happen now.... we all want new Stones music!!!!

Date: June 17, 2015 08:48

The most I would expect is they were having a look at it because they want to decide where to hold sessions. The time spent there would hardly be enough to record Doom & Gloom

Date: June 17, 2015 08:52

It's gotta be a good sign that they were anywhere near a recording studio.

Date: June 17, 2015 13:29

Naturalust
I seriously doubt they were doing any recording. The original studio is more of a museum these days and equipment needs to be brought in from the new studio to facilitate any serious recording from what I understand. Besides I imagine setting up a session for the Stones these days involves a bit more time than they have between shows....and how is Keith going to record without Charlie keeping time for him?

Perhaps Keith was just looking for some of the drugs he stashed before leaving the studio in 1969. grinning smiley

My guess is that if they are going to try to make some "roots" recordings as Cocaine Eyes suggested this spring, it will happen in NYC after this tour concludes, while the band is warmed up and they are close to the business offices to discuss extending the tour to South America.

peace

Yeah...I'm giving her credits since it might still be the case they are a) already or b) planning to record; nothing really confirmed just yet...only message I heard they are planning to come back to the US after this tour. Don't know if it will be S-America > USA or USA > S-America but it looks like they are confident and willing to continue. My educated guess is something like four shows in the USA and about five locations in S-America.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 17, 2015 16:02

Dreamer
Yeah...I'm giving her credits since it might still be the case they are a) already or b) planning to record; nothing really confirmed just yet...only message I heard they are planning to come back to the US after this tour. Don't know if it will be S-America > USA or USA > S-America but it looks like they are confident and willing to continue. My educated guess is something like four shows in the USA and about five locations in S-America.

Coming back to the US after this tour seems like a no-brainer..I mean they are basically in the US except for one last show in Quebec. Certainly they will meet up at the business office to split the spoils and discuss future plans.

Coming back to play more shows seems a bit less likely. I guess it's possible, they have all the gear in place, probably fairly easy to sell if the venues weren't too massive and if the plan was in place when this tour ends. Not sure how after SA would work....next spring?

Is playing more shows any part of what you heard?

peace

Date: June 17, 2015 16:06

Naturalust
Dreamer

Coming back to the US after this tour seems like a no-brainer..I mean they are basically in the US except for one last show in Quebec. Certainly they will meet up at the business office to split the spoils and discuss future plans.

Coming back to play more shows seems a bit less likely. I guess it's possible, they have all the gear in place, probably fairly easy to sell if the venues weren't too massive and if the plan was in place when this tour ends. Not sure how after SA would work....next spring?

Is playing more shows any part of what you heard?

peace

What I heard was:
"...however this will be the final extensive tour the RS would be returning to the USA once this tour is over."
My guess is that could very well be a combination with SA.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 17, 2015 16:56

mailexile67

smileys with beer

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1911
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home