Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Brian Jones to rejoin the Stones?
Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: June 15, 2015 15:10

In the form of a hologram on stage for one song per night, perhaps playing the intro of Paint It black? It would be a suitable tribute and recognition of his place in the bands history. Memo to Mick and Keith..........

Re: Brian Jones to rejoin the Stones?
Date: June 15, 2015 15:13

This has never been discussed here before, right?

[www.iorr.org]

Date: June 15, 2015 17:19

DandelionPowderman

[www.iorr.org]

Were you seriously expecting me to know that it had been discussed before? Were you seriously expecting me to check before posting?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 15, 2015 17:30

Well, The Who use film of Moony and John Entwistle nowadays and it always bring the house down. I can't see why not.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 15, 2015 17:31

MrThompsonWooft
DandelionPowderman

[www.iorr.org]

Were you seriously expecting me to know that it had been discussed before? Were you seriously expecting me to check before posting?

Hey welcome aboard! Don't take it personally. DP is very friendly and means no harm. Remember also that everyone on this forum is from all over the world.

Long time posters usually search on topics before starting a thread but not always. Trust me, I am tempted to start a "Stones should play more Chuck Berry songs" thread every day!

Regarding the hologram idea, I am not a fan. I would far rather they do a 3-song mini set of songs Brian really contributed on. 2000 Light Years, Little Red Rooster and The Last Time would be a great mini set!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 15, 2015 17:33

MrThompsonWooft
DandelionPowderman

[www.iorr.org]

Many of us seriously "hope" for many things. What we've learned is to not seriously expect much of anything at all. Thank you for reminding us that we shouldn't get our hopes up to high. Seriously.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: June 15, 2015 17:34

Where do people come up with this stuff

flacnvinyl
MrThompsonWooft
DandelionPowderman

[www.iorr.org]

Hey welcome aboard! Don't take it personally. DP is very friendly and means no harm. Remember also that everyone on this forum is from all over the world.

Long time posters usually search on topics before starting a thread but not always. Trust me, I am tempted to start a "Stones should play more Chuck Berry songs" thread every day!

Regarding the hologram idea, I am not a fan. I would far rather they do a 3-song mini set of songs Brian really contributed on. 2000 Light Years, Little Red Rooster and The Last Time would be a great mini set!

MrThompsonWooft is a long-time poster, Drake smiling smiley One of many, actually..

Posted by: treaclefingers ()

flacnvinyl
MrThompsonWooft
DandelionPowderman

[www.iorr.org]

DP is a scandinavian agitator.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 15, 2015 17:35

Seriously -- it's ok to slander the musicians of the stones and spread innuendo, gossip, and unsubstantiated and/or disproven rumors but it's not ok to start a topic about something that has already been discussed years ago?

LOL.

Date: June 15, 2015 17:38

Turner68
Seriously -- it's ok to slander the musicians of the stones and spread innuendo, gossip, and unsubstantiated and/or disproven rumors but it's not ok to start a topic about something that has already been discussed years ago?

LOL.

Have I promoted any of the things you mentioned?

And secondly, when you have posted in the very same topic before (under a different moniker), yes, I think you can bother tracking up that thread smiling smiley

Date: June 15, 2015 17:39

DandelionPowderman
Turner68

LOL.

And secondly, when you have posted in the very same topic before (under a different moniker), yes, I think you can bother tracking up that thread smiling smiley

I love your passive-aggressive defense! Bitch slap with a smiley!

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 15, 2015 17:39

DandelionPowderman
Turner68

LOL.

Ah, I see, this is someone who keeps coming back and reposting the same thing. Yes, that shouldn't be OK.

Date: June 15, 2015 17:40

Getting back on topic. Horrible idea.

Date: June 15, 2015 17:43

treaclefingers

What about a hologram of Keith, who's still at the pub not bothering to show up? Pre-recorded without overdubs?

Date: June 15, 2015 17:48

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers

What about a hologram of Keith, who's still at the pub not bothering to show up? Pre-recorded without overdubs?

sometimes I can't tell whether you're being serious or not.

Date: June 15, 2015 17:53

DandelionPowderman
Turner68

LOL.

Not sure what you are talking about. I haven't posted about it before. And honestly I couldn't be bothered to check whether it had been raised before.

Date: June 15, 2015 17:55

Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Turner68

LOL.

Ah, I see, this is someone who keeps coming back and reposting the same thing. Yes, that shouldn't be OK.

First time I've ever suggested this. Doesn't mean to say it hasn't been suggested before of course. Don't believe everything you are told. Some people forget it's only a music forum and behave like they own the joint.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: June 15, 2015 17:56

MrThompsonWooft
And honestly I couldn't be bothered to check whether it had been raised before.

You should.
It was anyway already a bad idea in 2012, it is still now.

Date: June 15, 2015 17:56

DandelionPowderman

[www.iorr.org]

And whilst I did once have a different name on here I did not originate the post you have linked!!

Date: June 15, 2015 17:57

mitch
MrThompsonWooft
And honestly I couldn't be bothered to check whether it had been raised before.

You should.
It was anyway already a bad idea in 2012, it is still now.

No, life is too short !

Posted by: ash ()
Date: June 15, 2015 18:18

They do use a hologram of Brian. Unfortunately it's based on the 1967/68 Brian so it can't be bothered turning up to contribute anything and even if it did, Mick and Keef would just tell the sound guy to switch it's mic off.
How about they use a hologram of Taylor to pick up the slack ?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 15, 2015 18:28

for years I thought Bill Wyman was a hologram.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 15, 2015 18:30

ash
They do use a hologram of Brian. Unfortunately it's based on the 1967/68 Brian so it can't be bothered turning up to contribute anything and even if it did, Mick and Keef would just tell the sound guy to switch it's mic off.
How about they use a hologram of Taylor to pick up the slack ?

LOL! No problems with a hologram of Taylor, as long as he is under the stage playing his parts and covering for Keith. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 15, 2015 18:33

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers

Like that other thread about who is playing Keith's parts- maybe it is just a hologram of him onstage and there is another musician playing his parts under the stage and Keith himself is really off at the pub.

On a serious note though, holograms are cool and all, but are really in my opinion pointless gimmicks only used for promotion (i.e. Michael Jackson for his posthumous album and 2Pac for Coachella). Brian would probably have deplored the idea were he still around today.

That was a good one, ash spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 15, 2015 19:06

I'm glad this has been settled. We are getting very efficient around here. I think we all deserve a raise. Or least a beer. smileys with beer

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 15, 2015 19:16

Good idea, Mr Wooft. Anything is better than doing the routine over and over.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 15, 2015 19:29

More Hot Rocks

thumbs upsmiling smiley

Date: June 15, 2015 20:56

More Hot Rocks

no, but his name was a number on a piece of plastic film.

Date: June 15, 2015 21:01

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers

Look who's talking smiling smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2241
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home