Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Petition against Kid Rock opening for the Stones
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: May 30, 2015 01:53

I guess he is opening for some shows? Too bad -- I kinda liked him until I saw these hunting pics...

[www.yousignanimals.org]

Re: Petition against Kid Rock opening for the Stones
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 30, 2015 02:02

Kid Rock is in the same camp as Ted Nugent, but not as batsh*t crazy as Nugent. If the Stones want an opening act, they should go retro and get Sheryl Crow to open a few gigs. For someone different and unexpected, see if John Fogerty would be willing to do a few gigs. The stadium would be rockin' like crazy by the time the Stones came on.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 03:40

I would sign anything to prevent him from opening for a Stones show. He is horrible. His music is just one big rip off off of every musical genre and done full of cliches and sap.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 30, 2015 03:48

As much as I dislike rap, and really wanted to dislike him, having seen him his mix of it in rock and country puts on a great show. He'll be a great opening act.

Vegans are a minority. I think Keith eats shepherds pie. I guess they should replace him too.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 30, 2015 04:00

Kid Rock will do fine, it's not as if the Stones haven't pulled from different genres..he'll probably play some good straight ahead rock to try to satisfy the Stones crowd. I'm actually very curious what his set will be like. He'll probably rise to the occasion and surprise quite a few non-believers. His band is actually pretty damn good.

And it's not like Keith isn't above a bit of large game sporting...btw: Couldn't see that hunting link and if it's some African safari or other trophy hunting I take it all back.

peace

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 30, 2015 05:54

Politics and Rolling Stones don't mix and shouldn't be discussed here.
I'm aware.

If I had tickets to a show with Kid Rock as the opener, I would likely just turn my back to the stage as I'm not one to arrive to a stadium late.

Kid's talented though, no doubt about that.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 30, 2015 06:28

Are you kidding me? People are petition against Kid Rock opening but I've already seen Ed Sheeran is opening for them at a different show? Get your priorities straight people. Kid Rock is pretty good, and at least better than half of their "pretty girl guests".

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 30, 2015 06:42

Politics? What is the political part here... the petition, the hunting, or Kid Rock? confused smiley

peace

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 30, 2015 06:56

A petition against an artist appearing in a show because of his beliefs on an issue (hunting, I guess, here) is a worse evil than whatever it is aimed at. I'm an animal lover and would never hunt, but what's the difference between the petition and a baker who doesn't want to bake a cake for gay people?'

Besides, who watches opening acts (except if you have to because you have GA)? They haven't had an opening act that I wanted to see, or did see, since Fiona Apple at the Garden in 98 (and now i can't remember why). Every stadium show I have ever been to is much more fun in the parking lot than listening to some lame ass shit like Ed Sheeran (nothing personal, but come on).

Posted by: Icetraders ()
Date: May 30, 2015 07:03

Not a big Kid Rock fan, but he will put on a hell of a show. I'd rather see him than the opening acts in Arlington and Orlando.

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: May 30, 2015 07:08

Rokyfan
A petition against an artist appearing in a show because of his beliefs on an issue (hunting, I guess, here) is a worse evil than whatever it is aimed at. I'm an animal lover and would never hunt, but what's the difference between the petition and a baker who doesn't want to bake a cake for gay people?'

Besides, who watches opening acts (except if you have to because you have GA)? They haven't had an opening act that I wanted to see, or did see, since Fiona Apple at the Garden in 98 (and now i can't remember why). Every stadium show I have ever been to is much more fun in the parking lot than listening to some lame ass shit like Ed Sheeran (nothing personal, but come on).

Pearl Jam has opened several times as well as Alice Cooper, Bob Dylan's son (was there, love the Wallflowers), I enjoyed Gary Clark Jr this tour.

I don't know...

Some of my family is gonna see Brad Paisley in Nashville, he is big time.

Kanye West opened for the Stones with a full orchestra I think twice during their bigger bang tour (or once, don't remember).

Pearl Jam doesn't open for anybody though, except the Stones and they are honored to do so.
I saw and enjoyed Blue October in Idaho open for them.

I'm not sure if Jenny Lewis has, but I'd love to see her or Dawes get a chance....

I don't always watch the openers either, for what it's worth, but I certainly think they bring in some talent into the equation because they are the Stones and opening for them is a big opportunity.

For what it's worth Gary Clark was pretty loud in SD as well which was very nice.

I am not saying I don't think you have good music taste, to each their own.
I am just saying that I am impressed with some of the bands who opened for the Stones since Bridges.

I forgot about Dave Matthews too, frat boy heaven and really so much fun live.

I like the country music acts and Kid Rock, good old fashion drink and or party music.

Bring it on, buddy! smoking smileysmileys with beer

Date: May 30, 2015 08:17

kovach
As much as I dislike rap, and really wanted to dislike him, having seen him his mix of it in rock and country puts on a great show. He'll be a great opening act.

Vegans are a minority. I think Keith eats shepherds pie. I guess they should replace him too.

Well, Charlie is vegetarian.....and do you think Kid Rock ate that big cat he's holding in that pic?

Date: May 30, 2015 08:21

Rokyfan

I don't see any similarity between those two things...more like this petition is similar to a petition against a baker who won't bake a cake for a gay couple.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-09 03:16 by little queenie.

Date: May 30, 2015 08:30

I would see Pearl Jam for sure. of the people you mentioned. I would also see kid Rock or Alice Cooper. When they used to bring a band on tour, it could really get on your nerves. Living Colour was good once but that was enough. Counting Crowes in 94, same thing. Thoroughgood in 81 was great, Journey sucked. Definitely to each his own. I give a big no to Dave Matthews (ruined memory Motel). Brad Paisley? No.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: May 30, 2015 08:37

I've seen Etta James, The Outlaws, Peter Tosh, J. Geils, George Thorogood, Prince, Sheryl Crow, Bonnie Raitt and ord knows who else open for the Stones. Who cares if it's Kid Rock?

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 30, 2015 10:21

I don't care who opens the show because I only listen to the Stones.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 30, 2015 11:50

Btw who's Kid Rock?
Over here in Europe his fame amounts to nothing or next to nothing...

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 12:09

Although I won't be at this show, here's my take on it; I'm not a Kid Rock fan (or a Gary Clark Jr. fan), but I figure that if these guys are opening for the Stones, then the stones must think they're good. Even though I'm not a Gary Clark Jr fan, I certainly didn't mind sitting through him, because the stones approved of him. I mean, in my opinion, no other artist/band is worthy of opening for the rolling stones. I think the Stones should open for the Stones! That'd be perfect, eh?
P.S. I'm also totally against Kid Rock's hunting. I agree that he seems like a bad choice to open for the stones

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-30 12:16 by stones2000.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 12:13

Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-30 12:14 by stones2000.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 30, 2015 14:16

Kid Rock is a fuckinGREAT choice as an opener.

In my NOT so humble opinion.

I go to see EVERY opening band that I can.
You never know when you're going to be suprised.
IORR.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 30, 2015 14:24

whitem8
I would sign anything to prevent him from opening for a Stones show. He is horrible. His music is just one big rip off off of every musical genre and done full of cliches and sap.

I agree. I will not watch him tonight. The guy is awful. No talent at all.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: May 30, 2015 14:27

Kurt
Kid Rock is a fuckinGREAT choice as an opener.

In my NOT so humble opinion.

I go to see EVERY opening band that I can.
You never know when you're going to be suprised.
IORR.

What are you smokin? If I watch I will give him the bird the whole time. Thats what i think of the puke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-30 14:28 by RockinJive.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 30, 2015 14:43

The thing is, petitions are banned on here, I sympathise but reckon your thread will last longer if you titled it "OT - Do you know kidrock, who's opening for the Stones - kills innocent animals for no good reason?............or something like that

Plus.......this is all I got from your link..."

This page was not found on YouSignAnimals.org:
/Stop-Kid-Rock-from-opening-for-the-Rolling-Stones-new-tour-t-2908"

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-30 14:52 by EddieByword.

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: May 30, 2015 15:21

kovach

+ 1

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: May 30, 2015 15:25

You cannot petition the lord..........

Date: May 30, 2015 15:31

Long John Stoner
I've seen Etta James, The Outlaws, Peter Tosh, J. Geils, George Thorogood, Prince, Sheryl Crow, Bonnie Raitt and ord knows who else open for the Stones. Who cares if it's Kid Rock?

I saw ignorant yahoos like some of the posters below yours boo Peter Tosh off the stage in Philadelphia in 78 (and I know the Prince story). Then they trashed the Stones's set after they played. You're right -- who cares? -- but some people think it's cool to boo, give the finger, whatever, to an act they don't happen to like.

Date: May 30, 2015 15:44

I've seen Gunn, Black Crowes, Sheryl Crow, Starsailor and the Enemy open for the Stones. Sheryl was the only one I would have paid for.

Date: May 30, 2015 15:45

oh and the Charlatans and a couple I can't even remember. Really can't be arsed with support acts.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 15:51

This is insane..

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 30, 2015 15:58

What are people so wound up for., regarding who is support act. .. The Stones are on Tour!!!
grab a beer during the support act and Enjoy THE STONES !!!!
Jeroen

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2263
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home