Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: New Eddie Vedder DVD - Awesome!
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: June 7, 2011 04:52

Wow, I just watched the new Eddie Vedder live DVD called "Water On Road". It's been out about a week, this is really a great DVD. Eddie plays a bunch of songs from "Into The Wild" and some cool covers and such - pick this up if you are a fan. It's largely acoustic but some electric also, but almost completely solo show. I really enjoyed it. I'd like to see a Stones show that was largely acoustic, how about "Stripped 2"!

Re: OT: New Eddie Vedder DVD - Awesome!
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 7, 2011 05:36

Incidentally, this week's free iTunes song card at Starbucks is Eddie Vedder's new song LONGING TO BELONG. I downloaded it and it's not bad. (The weekly iTunes cards are free at Starbucks.)

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 7, 2011 06:21

I'm listening to the Eddie Vedder new album "Ukulele Songs" now.

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: June 7, 2011 06:40

Indeed. smileys with beer

He is doing a small U.S. tour to promote his new ukelele album. Its a pretty good collection of ukelele songs. I enjoy it, although I don't think its that great. Even Vedder said something like "well its like painting with one color", for me it gets a little boring.

Rumor has it that Pearl Jam just finished recording an album. They are on tour in September to celebrate their 20th Anniversary.

I've seen Vedder 3 times and will be seeing him in Providence, Boston, and Hartford in 2 weeks.drinking smiley He plays acoustic, electric, mandolin, ukelele, and Harmonica; and has another acoustic guitarist come out for 1 or 2 songs. Vedder has come along way playing guiter. At any random PJ show he probably plays guitar on 30 to 40% of the songs. (the setlists are always changing so that % is hard to figure, just my educated guess) . . .

Regarding the DVD, recorded in Washington 2008; good stuff, there are 3 Dylan covers, Girl from the North Country, Forever Young, and Watchtower . . .

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 7, 2011 12:46

NorthShoreBlues2
Indeed. smileys with beer

Rumor has it that Pearl Jam just finished recording an album. They are on tour in September to celebrate their 20th Anniversary.

I wish I was there ...

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 8, 2011 05:34

BTW, that album cover from "Ukulele Songs" is just brilliant. It is haunting and yet mysterious. Staring at it is addicting.

It is not by any means a great album, but I do like "Dream A Little Dream".

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: June 8, 2011 12:08

went and bought the DVD on my lunch break, thanks for the heads up!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home