Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
How YGMR was born
Date: April 17, 2015 16:10

If you can stomach 11 minutes of YGMR I recommend you listen to this, if you haven't heard it already.

The beginning of the song is an embryonic Keith mumble. Later on, Mick chimes in and they find the groove. A good fly on the wall musical documentary of one of the latter day Stones tunes smiling smiley

Re: How YGMR was born
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 17, 2015 16:17

Fascinating outtake. Keiths singing is much more melodic than the finished track. When Mick reaches full-on growl mode on the last verse, they must have decided that's the way to do it. Which i don't understand, while it is funny, it doesn't do the track any good.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: April 17, 2015 16:21

Nope...can't stomach it. Though I do thoroughly enjoy the phrase "embryonic Keith mumble" grinning smiley

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 17, 2015 16:26

I agree, Nikkei. I like it as a Keith tune. Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed this and have never heard it. Is this from Voodoo Brew or whatever that big bootleg collection from these sessions was?

Date: April 17, 2015 16:27

Plink
Nope...can't stomach it. Though I do thoroughly enjoy the phrase "embryonic Keith mumble" grinning smiley

Perhaps not the most common of phrases, but I reckon you know EXACTLY what I mean by it grinning smiley

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: April 17, 2015 16:36

DandelionPowderman
If you can stomach 11 minutes of YGMR I recommend you listen to this, if you haven't heard it already.

The beginning of the song is an embryonic Keith mumble. Later on, Mick chimes in and they find the groove. A good fly on the wall musical documentary of one of the latter day Stones tunes smiling smiley

Keiths mumble part has is it sounding to me like 'Take It So Hard'. Can see why the MJ growl was introduced.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 17, 2015 16:54

Yes yes this is all very fascinating, but I'd like to know when does this track die? Where's that embryo?

Date: April 17, 2015 16:59

Munichhilton
Yes yes this is all very fascinating, but I'd like to know when does this track die? Where's that embryo?

It's immortal..

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 17, 2015 17:10

I always enjoyed this outtake. The track works better as a faster rocknroll track and less of a blues, but the riff is great. 5-String Riffing from the same sessions is also one of those clips that epitomises that classic "Keith" sound. Doesn't have to be complex to be great rocknroll.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: April 17, 2015 17:49

DandelionPowderman
Plink

Perhaps not the most common of phrases, but I reckon you know EXACTLY what I mean by it grinning smiley

I do indeed and your description was absolutely spot-onthumbs up. I’m impressed on a daily basis by the humor and clever writing by IORRians – entertaining stuffsmiling smiley BTW, when Muffie mentioned some vocal similarity to “Take It So Hard”, I had to bite, so I listened and actually liked the first 25%! Probably because it bears little resemblance to the final product...

Date: April 17, 2015 17:54

DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton

It's immortal..

All I hear is doom and gloom...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 17, 2015 17:56

Munichhilton

The fact that it was a still birth is very sad.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 17, 2015 18:32

great track

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: April 17, 2015 18:37

[www.youtube.com]

with the Winos in boston

Ygmr riff
Listen at 3:34 smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-17 18:39 by AntoineParis.

Date: April 17, 2015 18:43

treaclefingers
Munichhilton

The fact that it was a still birth is very sad.

I paid a diminutive sum of money for some randomly selected as yet unknown location seats. I have a right to know if they plan on surprisng me in Arlington with this track like they did so cunningly in Austin. Jagger couldn't take his eyes of me while he sang it...he knew...

Date: April 17, 2015 18:46

They will certainly get you rocking again, Munich.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 17, 2015 19:36

It just happened, man.

That's what Mick said, tongue in cheek, about Keith's idea of how the song got written. It was in that ROLLING STONE issue.

Date: April 17, 2015 20:10

DandelionPowderman
They will certainly get you rocking again, Munich.

Excellent news....I go wild!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 17, 2015 20:44

Tate
I agree, Nikkei. I like it as a Keith tune. Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed this and have never heard it. Is this from Voodoo Brew or whatever that big bootleg collection from these sessions was?

It's from Voodoo Stew, CD1, Track 2

If you need the whole Voodoo Brew/Stew/Residue collection, follow the "Essential CD"s link in my signature ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 17, 2015 20:49

Yeah, gotdablouse has the most useful signature on the board!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 17, 2015 20:57

Hehe...thanks, I must say it's slightly better than D&G's that lacks html tags and leags to a broken link, and yes I've seen at least one message letting him know about it ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: April 17, 2015 21:17

If nothing, a brief window into Keith's fascination with singing about anal sex.

Date: April 17, 2015 21:55

gotdablouse
Hehe...thanks, I must say it's slightly better than D&G's that lacks html tags and leags to a broken link, and yes I've seen at least one message letting him know about it ;-)

Maybe Keith not only showed his amp the blade? winking smiley

Date: April 17, 2015 22:06

Mel Belli
If nothing, a brief window into Keith's fascination with singing about anal sex.

You know what they say...sparks will fly and all..

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 17, 2015 22:48

gotdablouse
Hehe...thanks, I must say it's slightly better than D&G's that lacks html tags and leads to a broken link, and yes I've seen at least one message letting him know about it ;-)

Yes I agree both about the pleasant usefulness of your excellent tag and the utter uselessness of D&G's. I indeed tried to alert him to his expired link but to no avail. DoomandGloom are you listening?

peace

Date: April 17, 2015 23:03

His photo was visible.. for a while. Nice gesture from Keith.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 17, 2015 23:05

Wasn't this one on the "Voodoo Stew" set?

You know when back in the day you got outtakes off bootlegs not off some horrible lossy YT channel?
(sheeeeeeet I feel old...) >grinning smiley<

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-17 23:11 by dcba.

Date: April 17, 2015 23:54

dcba
Wasn't this one on the "Voodoo Stew" set?

You know when back in the day you got outtakes off bootlegs not off some horrible lossy YT channel?
(sheeeeeeet I feel old...) >grinning smiley<

I ripped this from my Electric @#$%&-bootleg in HD, but I know what you mean smiling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 17, 2015 23:58

I kinda miss the excitement of receiving the latest "Basement News", making a list of interesting titles then going to the next record fair at dawn and storming the dealers' booths at the opening.

Not a bad way to spend your time and cash in the mid-90's! grinning smiley

Date: April 18, 2015 00:00

Good times smileys with beer

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1901
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home