Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

'73 European Tour Question . . .
Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: May 27, 2011 05:34

Hey guys, did the boys drop Sweet Virginia due to Bobby Keys getting kicked off tour? (bath tub incident) Or was Sweet Virginia not holding her own in the set list? ****edit****cool smiley (just saw that Bobby left after 9/30/73, and sweet virginia was only played at the first few shows)

Was there any change in the setlist due to the loss of Bobby?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-27 05:48 by NorthShoreBlues2.

Re: '73 European Tour Question . . .
Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 27, 2011 17:35

Nope, they just carried on with some other sax player for the last few shows.

Re: '73 European Tour Question . . .
Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: May 27, 2011 17:51

There wasn't any change in the setlist due to Bobby leaving. The Stones played a few songs in first couple shows that didn't appear again during the tour like "Bitch", "Sweet Virginia", and "100 Years Ago". "Silver Train" was dropped after maybe 5 or 6 shows. I know they played it at the first Wembly gig which was 9/7. For the rest of the tour, they alternated "Dancing With Mr. D" and "Heartbreaker" but otherwise the setlist pretty much stayed the same. I don't think Bobby actually had any sax solo's on this tour except for "Brown Sugar". The long sax solo on "You Can't Always Get What You Want" is actually Madaio or the other guy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1598
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home