Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Anybody seen this Stones tour news published today?
Posted by: stein ()
Date: May 24, 2011 20:14

Re: Anybody seen this Stones tour news published today?
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: May 24, 2011 20:24

Nothing new,it has been posted before,is just Keith typical BS....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 24, 2011 20:35

People, let's start posting a new thread once we see an article headline that ends with a period or exclamation point and NOT a question mark.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 24, 2011 20:39

Is it me, or is there not the demand out there for the Stones that we think there is? Maybe they've reached the saturation point. Enough people have seen this lineup and backup musicians do basically the same set of songs since 1994. The few new songs filtered in with the warhorses are 'Stonesish' numbers like 'You Got Me Rocking'. Unlike the late 70s/early 90s, they haven't done much to cultivate a younger audience. Everyone has already paid homage to them. I'm speaking of America. I don't know how they're perceived in Europe. Maybe Japan still has pent up demand. Keith has created a new image with his Pirates appearances, but does that translate to concert tickets? They can always sell a lot of tickets, but are the record busting days over? Hardcore fans will go, but maybe the band can't sell out multiple nights in cities any longer.

The 50th Anniversary Tour has to be marketed right or it might be reduced to nostalgia. 2012 is going to be quite intriguing.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: May 25, 2011 01:07

24FPS
Is it me, or is there not the demand out there for the Stones that we think there is? Maybe they've reached the saturation point. Enough people have seen this lineup and backup musicians do basically the same set of songs since 1994. The few new songs filtered in with the warhorses are 'Stonesish' numbers like 'You Got Me Rocking'. Unlike the late 70s/early 90s, they haven't done much to cultivate a younger audience. Everyone has already paid homage to them. I'm speaking of America. I don't know how they're perceived in Europe. Maybe Japan still has pent up demand. Keith has created a new image with his Pirates appearances, but does that translate to concert tickets? They can always sell a lot of tickets, but are the record busting days over? Hardcore fans will go, but maybe the band can't sell out multiple nights in cities any longer.

The 50th Anniversary Tour has to be marketed right or it might be reduced to nostalgia. 2012 is going to be quite intriguing.

Personally I think the warhorses and stadium shows have reached their saturation point. I think ABB was the perfect ending to that formula. Next up, and from here on in, should be devoted to creating new music to be played in clubs and theaters with an occasional arena show. Put Satisfaction on the shelf until it's 50th anniversary in 2015.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 25, 2011 02:30

I thought we were supposed to consolidate all the Stones tour speculation threads (all 597 of them) into THE Official Stones Tour Speculation Thread...That is, at least until we get something that is more than speculation.

Date: May 25, 2011 02:52

71Tele
I thought we were supposed to consolidate all the Stones tour speculation threads (all 597 of them) into THE Official Stones Tour Speculation Thread...That is, at least until we get something that is more than speculation.

Sure glad I haven't contributed to all this 2012 Stones tour speculation stuff!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 25, 2011 02:58

71Tele
I got it down to 5 threads.
[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 25, 2011 03:00

........................Oh No Not This Again

ROCKMAN

Date: May 25, 2011 03:01

Rockman

........................Oh No Not This Again

Sounds like we have a song in the making!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1983
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home