Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bill Wyman soon on air!
Posted by: Martijnstone ()
Date: May 22, 2011 10:40

Re: Bill Wyman soon on air!
Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: May 22, 2011 13:55

Cannot believe Cerys read false claims on the back cover of the bootleg album 2120 South Michugan Avenue and asked Bill about that blues album the Stones recorded at Chess but Decca didn't want to release. Hilarious.

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: May 22, 2011 15:07

That is quite an interesting interview. Bill Wyman is certainly the most "intelligent" member of the Stones, or at least the most articulate.

Date: May 22, 2011 17:59

mitchflorida
That is quite an interesting interview. Bill Wyman is certainly the most "intelligent" member of the Stones, or at least the most articulate.

What about Mick?

Date: May 22, 2011 20:40

Mick is more charming than intelligent.

Wyman is almost bookish in comparison. Good guy.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 22, 2011 21:34

Mick, Keith and Bill sure are different in their manners. But from reading their books (Stone Alone, Rolling with the Stones and Life) and reading and listening to countless interviews, I couldn't say any one of them (or Charlie, Ronne, Brian or Mick T) is more intelligent than the others. Bill sure is pleasant and rather comfortable to listen to, and he's probably the one who's most reliable with historical facts. But his books are kinda dry, and I certainly enjoy reading Keith's book where I think Keith does come across as more intelligent, observant, analysing, witty and funny than I expected (there are probably reservations to be had there, but I've only gotten to 1967 so far).

By the way, thanks for posting this BBC interview, Martijnstone. I listened to whole show while cooking, and it was definitely worthwile. Good music and I liked the cute sounding hostess regardless of any factual errors about the Stones' records (she had no other than Bill Wyman correcting her, so who can complain).

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-22 21:38 by LieB.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: May 22, 2011 21:43

Martijnstone
See:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Nice job on the link Marti! The chick hosting the show was a little nutty in a good way, she'd prompt Wyman to expand on something he had remembered. He was pursued. Which is the only way to get anything out of him. Although he don't mind talking about music and musicians, he really does love it. Says 'we didn't have rock and roll until I was 19, and there wasn't much to listen to before that except for Les Paul and Mary Ford. It was the only non-jazz record with any guitar on it'. He framed one of Les Paul's 78's on his wall.

Date: May 22, 2011 22:02

LieB
Mick, Keith and Bill sure are different in their manners. But from reading their books (Stone Alone, Rolling with the Stones and Life) and reading and listening to countless interviews, I couldn't say any one of them (or Charlie, Ronne, Brian or Mick T) is more intelligent than the others. Bill sure is pleasant and rather comfortable to listen to, and he's probably the one who's most reliable with historical facts. But his books are kinda dry, and I certainly enjoy reading Keith's book where I think Keith does come across as more intelligent, observant, analysing, witty and funny than I expected (there are probably reservations to be had there, but I've only gotten to 1967 so far).

Based on his recent interviews, I would have to say Keith has the lowest IQ of the group, with the exception of Ronnie Wood perhaps.

Bill is the smartest of the lot.

then Mick Jagger

then Charlie Watts

then Keith and Ronnie.

Posted by: Thricenay ()
Date: May 22, 2011 22:07

mitchflorida
LieB

Based on his recent interviews, I would have to say Keith has the lowest IQ of the group, with the exception of Ronnie Wood perhaps.

Bill is the smartest of the lot.

then Mick Jagger

then Charlie Watts

then Keith and Ronnie.

Absolute nonsense.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1604
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home