Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keith Richards sorry for Jagger willy jibe
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: May 24, 2011 23:16

Corcovado

Now wate a minute buddy: Could you be ANY more insensitive? Has the telling of the thruth been recently proclaimed to be sinful? It is only the tricky Mick who should be blamed in this case, because he has broken the hearts of all the people who have truly and deeply believed that he HAS HAD something in his jump suits - and not some prosthetic gadgets which are usualy used to visually enhance the sexual organ of transgender post-op patients!

Now wate a minute Skipper, who's to say Keith is all about some exalted "Thruth"? It's not far fetched to suggest Keith may have been drinking while writing. Keith drinks quite alot. As for "tricky Mick", you sound angry and dissolusioned. So its Mick's fault that Keith made a juvenile comment?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 24, 2011 23:24

Stupidguy2...this will be my last word on the subject..Keith's ill-advised todger taunt, I am sure, is payback for all the times Mick rolled his eyes and told Keith to 'shut up' at meetings.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: May 24, 2011 23:35

Who knows what is true with these Newspapers.We do know, obviously the tiny dodger comment was in the book. I wonder how Keef would feel if Mick came clean and told us exactly what the deal is with Richards guitar ability these days and how much Blondie is really playing.

Would that become "water under the bridge?"

i.e. "Keith really doesn't play much these days or for the past few tours. Thankfully Blondie covers a lot of what Keith can't or won't do"

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 25, 2011 00:18

Bingo

If you were Keith & Mick said that, would it bother you?

If I were Keith, my response would be, "So?" Followed quickly by, "You mean to tell me that Mick just figured that out?"

I don't recall Keith ever saying that he wanted to do a tour of album versions of tunes. He is always referring to the songs as babies and talks about them growing up and developing. I'm not going to go so far as to say that Keith doesn't make mistakes or doesn't have some notes/parts that he wishes he could take back but if anyone personifies the definition of "it's the xx/yy/zzzz (date) version of (Insert Song Title)", it's Keith.

Do you really think that Keith would get his panties in a wad over the fact that anyone notices the fact that he doesn't play the exact part he played in the studio? Plus, if he lays down multiple parts in the studio, just which part is he supposed to duplicate on stage night after night? Maybe he should switch to bass for "Sympathy"? He played it on the original, right?

In my opinion, Keith is looking for a "feeling", an interaction/connection with the audience AT THAT MOMENT. If that feeling has a bum note or two, or two hundred, as long as the feeling/connection is as desired, it will trump the bum notes EVERY time. Now, if the bum notes take away from the feeling/conection, Keith's going to be the first one to have a problem with it regardless if they're coming from him or someone else.

I'd be willing to bet that Keith loves the fact that Blondie is picking up some signature licks and is keeping Mick happy in his quest of a touring vegas review so Keith doesn't have to worry about it. On stage Keith wants to weave with Ronnie, groove with Darryl (Bill) and drive with Charlie. Sometimes that weaving produces fine silk, sometimes polyester, sometimes an old-worn cotton but, as long as the blanket feels good and keeps him warm and dry, I honestly don't think Keith is worried about the material that produces the blanket.

Sorry for hijacking this important thread. I'm sure these thoughts would fit better somewhere else and I probably could have written them better but I'm trying to get out of my office for the day and go home. Maybe I'll edit later.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: May 25, 2011 00:35

mr_dja
Bingo

If I were Keith, my response would be, "So?" Followed quickly by, "You mean to tell me that Mick just figured that out?"

I don't recall Keith ever saying that he wanted to do a tour of album versions of tunes. He is always referring to the songs as babies and talks about them growing up and developing. I'm not going to go so far as to say that Keith doesn't make mistakes or doesn't have some notes/parts that he wishes he could take back but if anyone personifies the definition of "it's the xx/yy/zzzz (date) version of (Insert Song Title)", it's Keith.

Do you really think that Keith would get his panties in a wad over the fact that anyone notices the fact that he doesn't play the exact part he played in the studio? Plus, if he lays down multiple parts in the studio, just which part is he supposed to duplicate on stage night after night? Maybe he should switch to bass for "Sympathy"? He played it on the original, right?

In my opinion, Keith is looking for a "feeling", an interaction/connection with the audience AT THAT MOMENT. If that feeling has a bum note or two, or two hundred, as long as the feeling/connection is as desired, it will trump the bum notes EVERY time. Now, if the bum notes take away from the feeling/conection, Keith's going to be the first one to have a problem with it regardless if they're coming from him or someone else.

I'd be willing to bet that Keith loves the fact that Blondie is picking up some signature licks and is keeping Mick happy in his quest of a touring vegas review so Keith doesn't have to worry about it. On stage Keith wants to weave with Ronnie, groove with Darryl (Bill) and drive with Charlie. Sometimes that weaving produces fine silk, sometimes polyester, sometimes an old-worn cotton but, as long as the blanket feels good and keeps him warm and dry, I honestly don't think Keith is worried about the material that produces the blanket.

Sorry for hijacking this important thread. I'm sure these thoughts would fit better somewhere else and I probably could have written them better but I'm trying to get out of my office for the day and go home. Maybe I'll edit later.

Peace,
Mr DJA

I think what you have said here is absolutely brilliant!thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: May 25, 2011 00:51

mr_dja
Bingo

Peace,
Mr DJA

I said nowhere I want ANY musician to play like the album. Boring. Keith playing with feeling? What is that? Strumming an E chord and posing? Weaving is a myth or maybe an excuse.

You say..."On stage Keith wants to weave with Ronnie, groove with Darryl (Bill) and drive with Charlie." I haven't HEARD that in quite sometime. My point is, there is no "blanket". Sure there were "blankets" in the past, now we don't even get a "sheet."

One would think Keith would want to play the music he created, not someone behind a curtain. No? I seem to hit a nerve with you, I don't know what prompted the Bass remark on SFTD (I know he plays that part) I would be happy if he could do SFTD some justice instead of cringing some nights.

I'm a Deadhead as well, seen them plenty of times, I know a bum note or a few bum notes don't ruin a show....but complete lack of effort is another thing. Jerry was certainly guilty of that many a night in the 90's. It was sad to hear/see....just like it is with Keith in the new millennium.

As far as..... Bingo

If you were Keith & Mick said that, would it bother you? There's a big difference when a "friend, solider, brother" says something negative to you in person or does it splashed in a book. One has class and feeling, the other doesn't.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-25 00:58 by Bingo.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: May 25, 2011 02:15

Bingo

I said nowhere I want ANY musician to play like the album. Boring. Keith playing with feeling? What is that? Strumming an E chord and posing? Weaving is a myth or maybe an excuse.

You say..."On stage Keith wants to weave with Ronnie, groove with Darryl (Bill) and drive with Charlie." I haven't HEARD that in quite sometime. My point is, there is no "blanket". Sure there were "blankets" in the past, now we don't even get a "sheet."

One would think Keith would want to play the music he created, not someone behind a curtain. No? I seem to hit a nerve with you, I don't know what prompted the Bass remark on SFTD (I know he plays that part) I would be happy if he could do SFTD some justice instead of cringing some nights.

I'm a Deadhead as well, seen them plenty of times, I know a bum note or a few bum notes don't ruin a show....but complete lack of effort is another thing. Jerry was certainly guilty of that many a night in the 90's. It was sad to hear/see....just like it is with Keith in the new millennium.

As far as..... Bingo

If you were Keith & Mick said that, would it bother you? There's a big difference when a "friend, solider, brother" says something negative to you in person or does it splashed in a book. One has class and feeling, the other doesn't.

I think what you have said here was absolutely brilliant.

Bingo, Keef can do no wrong, don't you know that?
Who got paid to write the book? Keef. Who pushed to sell "Start Me Up" to microsoft or whatver it was? Keef. Who ...and on and on.
And Bliss,
I believe Mick telling Keef to shut up during interviews may have been payback for Keef doing so in the 70s. There is a clip of an interview - Charlie, Mick and Keith - and Keef never shuts up, just whines, rambles and at one point, cuts Mick off and waves him off like a dismissal. Keef was stoned of course, but his behavior was obnoxious and arrogant. I doubt Keef remembers that kind of shit.

Posted by: Corcovado ()
Date: May 25, 2011 14:53

stupidguy2
Bingo

As far as..... Bingo

I think what you have said here was absolutely brilliant.

Bingo, Keef can do no wrong, don't you know that?
Who got paid to write the book? Keef. Who pushed to sell "Start Me Up" to microsoft or whatver it was? Keef. Who ...and on and on.
And Bliss,
I believe Mick telling Keef to shut up during interviews may have been payback for Keef doing so in the 70s. There is a clip of an interview - Charlie, Mick and Keith - and Keef never shuts up, just whines, rambles and at one point, cuts Mick off and waves him off like a dismissal. Keef was stoned of course, but his behavior was obnoxious and arrogant. I doubt Keef remembers that kind of shit.

Know what, pal - someone has got to think for Keath, and he is so lucky to have a guy like you on his side winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-25 15:15 by Corcovado.

Posted by: Corcovado ()
Date: May 25, 2011 15:12

Bliss
Corcovado
Bliss
I still maintain that Keith was drunk when he co-wrote 'Life' and just shot off his mouth to his co-author. He probably does have a few regrets that he didn't think through the likely consequences of his damaging statement. I blame the editor actually.

Now wate a minute buddy: Could you be ANY more insensitive? Has the telling of the thruth been recently proclaimed to be sinful? It is only the tricky Mick who should be blamed in this case, because he has broken the hearts of all the people who have truly and deeply believed that he HAS HAD something in his jump suits - and not some prosthetic gadgets which are usualy used to visually enhance the sexual organ of transgender post-op patients!

Truth or not - and I would say NOT, as the only one of the many thousands of women Mick has been with in the last 50 years who has made such an allegation is Janice Dickinson, (a certified nutjob) - to be ridiculed so blatantly, cruelly and gratuitously as Keith did Mick is not something one would expect of one's business and creative partner of nearly 50 years, or of any kind of friend at all, least of all, one's oldest friend.

-Ms Bliss (not your buddy)

Hey no buddy, please tell me you are not another one of those who don't comprehend the deep meaning of the RS-logo: It is the magic of the bionic tongue - coming out of the big mouth - that makes all the ladies so satisfied winking smiley

Seriously, considering Mick's camel toe (well, elephant butt), I don't think Keath was jesting at all - a little bit of advertizing on Mick's expences wasn't bad at all. Yes: Mick's genitals are all real and big, but how about his hair?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-25 15:13 by Corcovado.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 25, 2011 15:43

Corcovado
Bliss
Corcovado
Bliss
I still maintain that Keith was drunk when he co-wrote 'Life' and just shot off his mouth to his co-author. He probably does have a few regrets that he didn't think through the likely consequences of his damaging statement. I blame the editor actually.

Truth or not - and I would say NOT, as the only one of the many thousands of women Mick has been with in the last 50 years who has made such an allegation is Janice Dickinson, (a certified nutjob) - to be ridiculed so blatantly, cruelly and gratuitously as Keith did Mick is not something one would expect of one's business and creative partner of nearly 50 years, or of any kind of friend at all, least of all, one's oldest friend.

-Ms Bliss (not your buddy)

Hey no buddy, please tell me you are not another one of those who don't comprehend the deep meaning of the RS-logo: It is the magic of the bionic tongue - coming out of the big mouth - that makes all the ladies so satisfied winking smiley

Seriously, considering Mick's camel toe (well, elephant butt), I don't think Keath was jesting at all - a little bit of advertizing on Mick's expences wasn't bad at all. Yes: Mick's genitals are all real and big, but how about his hair?

No idea about Mick's hair, although someone here said that he had extensions.

I am well aware of the significance of the tongue logo; Mick is legendary in that department.

Date: May 25, 2011 16:01

Tiny todger = metaphor
Big balls = metaphor

For how long are we gonna discuss the impact Keith's statement (nothing new anyway) has on the Stones's future?

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: May 25, 2011 20:29

Rubbish

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1429
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home