Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Hello and the smell of the Stones
Posted by: varilla ()
Date: May 17, 2011 00:05

Hi all, i´m new here, although im am a long time reader of iorr.

Reading about people´s experiences when meeting any Stone in person i was wondering: How do they SMELL?

Re: Hello and the smell of the Stones
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 17, 2011 00:07

Welcome to IORR, but I ain't gonna answer your question LOL

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Thricenay ()
Date: May 17, 2011 00:09

varilla

Reading about people´s experiences when meeting any Stone in person i was wondering: How do they SMELL?

Jagger: vanilla
Richards: chicory with citrus subnotes
Wood: dandelion & burdock
Watts: freshly mown grass

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 17, 2011 00:11

.......through their friggin' noses....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 17, 2011 00:12

LMFAO Rockman

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 17, 2011 00:21

Welcome, varilla ! Does that rhyme with vanilla ?

The brother of an old friend of mine is a music writer and was invited to an interview/press conference with Keith during the '90s for the Wingless Angels thing.

Other writers were there, gathered in a room audience style, and this guy swears that he could smell Keith needing a bath from across the room.
I suppose that could have been a continuation of the old Stones story about the boys always needing a bath, but there you go anyway.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 17, 2011 00:21

Welcome varilla............

I don't want to know how they smell.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 17, 2011 00:29

They smell different now than they did then - that's for sure.

Welcome Varilla - the bar's open now. What's your drink?

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 17, 2011 00:34

One of the first things I notice about walking into the stadium is the nice smell of the Pyrotechnics well before The Stones have come on stage I can still smell it on my clothes the next day..smoking smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 17, 2011 00:37

They smell like varilla.

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: May 17, 2011 00:39

I think that smell is one thing that make people real, not being only this photo or movie figure that seems so abstract...(sorry about my english)

Silver Dagger, please gimme a scotch on the rocks, a double one

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 17, 2011 00:40

They smell with their noses.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 17, 2011 01:03

varilla

You should go back to just READING.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 17, 2011 01:16

Donald Trump once said in his autobiography that (after meeting them in AC in 1989) they smelled bad.

So now you Yanks know where not to cast your vote next year if the occasion demands it.

Maybe if he had persisted in getting close enough to them he could have asked for some advice on some realistic looking wigs.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 17, 2011 01:22

Hi Varilla...........An extract from Julia Phillips autobiography..."You'll never eat lunch in this town again".....

Summer, 1975, Julia is in New York New York, Goldie calls to say she has tickets and a backstage pass for the Rolling Stones concert in Madison Square Garden that night.

Goldie's plane is late and she arrives with half an hour to go. She favours a dirty, rumpled look so she elects not to change or wash up or even brush her teeth. E-e-e-u-u-u. Her hair falls in greasy tendrils. She looks just right for this concert.

Underground at Madison Square Garden, we are shown into a room. On a high chair there is a small person with a lot of hair. From behind, it is impossible to tell if it is a boy or a girl. It turns its head and it is Mick Jagger in full make-up. Very depressing. He jumps off his chair to greet us. He has a huge head and a little body.

Bianca floats around. She is wearing a sailor suit and cap. Her eyes are dead. There is a smelly Israeli named Freddie who seems to be very important to everybody. He carries two medium-sized bottles filled with rock cocaine. Keith Richards comes breezing in.

He has body make-up and black leather pants and a jacket open to his waist. His skin and teeth are awful but he has far more charisma than Jagger. His eyes are pinned. Smacked back.

We're introduced to Ronnie Wood, making his debut with the Stones. He is very sweet but he smells terrible. Why don't the English like to bathe?

After the concert, they head for a party. I feel unpleasantly high. The weather, my outfit, the Stones, they're all getting to me. Plus Ronnie Wood's body odour. We've offered him a ride and he's stinking up the car.

He has a feather on a piece of leather around his neck. I admire it and he ties it around mine. Uh-uh, does this mean I'm going steady with this awful-smelling person?

I guess that was 1975............2010..that little russian girl Katia said it was the stink of rum that put her off..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-17 01:31 by EddieByword.

Date: May 17, 2011 01:27

People are in awe of The Stones that much both Keith and Ronnie could make smelling like an ashtray..cool!..smoking smiley

Date: May 17, 2011 02:17

Gazza
Donald Trump once said in his autobiography that (after meeting them in AC in 1989) they smelled bad.

So now you Yanks know where not to cast your vote next year if the occasion demands it.

Maybe if he had persisted in getting close enough to them he could have asked for some advice on some realistic looking wigs.
Fortunately the Donald announced today that he will not be running for president..... Instead he will return to his normal,media whore,attention seeking ways.>grinning smiley<

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: May 17, 2011 02:19

Like ambrosia

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 17, 2011 02:43

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-17 05:09 by Edith Grove.

Date: May 17, 2011 06:34

Gazza

Trump's "candidacy" was a joke all along, as has now been confirmed by Trump.

Date: May 17, 2011 06:48

71Tele
Gazza

71Tele..I think with President Obama making a fool of Trump by bringing out his Births certificate.But the real big knock back for Trump or anyone wanting to run for President was Bin Laden getting wasted

Date: May 17, 2011 09:15

colonial
71Tele
Gazza

71Tele..I think with President Obama making a fool of Trump by bringing out his Births certificate.But the real big knock back for Trump or anyone wanting to run for President was Bin Laden getting wasted

Yep. Obama produces birth certificate, then kills Trump at White House dinner, then produces dead Bin Laden the same night. Trump: You're fired.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 17, 2011 10:12

I heard that Chanel's Cuir de Russie was (is ? ) Jagger's scent .

BTW,did you make a typographical error ? You must be vanilla ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 17, 2011 11:37

Surely, they would smell different on different days and at different times of the day...they won't have a smell ffs. If they haven't washed for a few days they will smell different to the day they've washed and sprayed whatever it is they spray!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 17, 2011 12:06

SwayStones
I heard that Chanel's Cuir de Russie was (is ? ) Jagger's scent .

BTW,did you make a typographical error ? You must be vanilla ?

Mmmm - j'aime ca une vanilla blancmange.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 17, 2011 13:27

Ok, we know how Keith smells(according to Mick)

I turned around, you smell
Like monday morning’s fish
I can’t get near enough
To take a goodbye kiss

Posted by: vdoq ()
Date: May 17, 2011 14:27

Keith probably - Habit Rouge of Guerlain

[perfumeshrine.fortunecity.com]

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 17, 2011 16:35

Ronnie = alcohol
Keith = reefer
Charlie = Horse crap
Jagger = sweat
Taylor = pork ribs
Bill = sex

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 17, 2011 16:38

Ronnie = alcohol
Keith = reefer
Charlie = Horse crap
Jagger = sweat
Taylor = pork ribs
Bill = sex

Chuck = bark

ROCKMAN

Date: May 17, 2011 17:06

Ronnie = alcohol
Keith = reefer
Charlie = Horse crap
Jagger = sweat
Taylor = pork ribs
Bill = sex

Chuck = bark
Daryl = Fried Chicken

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1402
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home