Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: could someone post the keith at fallon show
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 12, 2011 23:49

ChrisM
Jimmy was overly gushing to be sure. I'd love to see Keith on a chat show where he isn't tossed softballs...

Exactly Chris, it was a completely pointless interview...the man had no interview skills at all, just an arse licker...Keith in his hey day would have ripped the piss out of him. Keith's lived in the states too long, gone soft.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 12, 2011 23:56

True, but as I've said before, Keith didn't seem to mind the gushing.
It may have made him more comfortable.

I don't watch Jimmy Fallon, except for special occasions like this.
Not all American hosts are quite so obsequious.

Btw, there's another topic on this where the link to the videos was posted
soon after the show: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 12, 2011 23:57

crumbling_mice
Not prejudiced at all...just a factual observation...and I would guess that any Brit on here would find it equally cringing!
Just as we find your shows cringeworthy. But save the anti-americanism for someplace else.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: May 13, 2011 00:05

Well your FACTS are WRONG

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 13, 2011 00:08

MKjan
crumbling_mice
Not prejudiced at all...just a factual observation...and I would guess that any Brit on here would find it equally cringing!

Hey, as an American I kind of agree with you. The talk show hosts are quite lame imo. TV is not a good use of time, much more to do out in the world.

where's bill o when you need him....he'd slap keith around and not let him finish a sentence...if he can bully obama he can bully anyone...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 13, 2011 00:16

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: May 13, 2011 00:24

[www.torrentday.com] it's up now

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 13, 2011 00:28

Keith was great and gave the impression that he was trying to get the group together for another tour.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 13, 2011 00:58

a little cross-border trash talking is always fun but i hope you guys do realise that those of us referred to as "you americans" all come from different places.
keith could've done the scottish born craig fergusons show or englands piers morgan,both of whom wouldnt have gushed like 13 year old girls meeting justin beiber for the first time.

which brings me to THE GOOD-it was great to see keith.i've been a fan so long it almost seems like seeing an old friend.he seems well and looked cool with his hat and bandana and he talked about playing with his solo band,well enough.

THE BAD- jimmy fallon.really keith?. jimmys not a bad guy,like johnny depp he's one of keiths litle fanboys that he keeps around to stroke his ego.imitating him,telling him how cool he is,its pathetic.

you're selling your book in paperback and promoting a disney film...and playing with the winos.thats great because thats what we all know you for,being an author,bad actor and solo artist.

if anyone saw the aforementioned piers morgan interview rod stewart-thats how adults behave.morgan gave due respect to a legend but still asked actual questions.
would've it been so hard to say"do you think the book has caused damage to the stones?"
"have you talked to mick about the band working again?"it couldnt happen though,it wouldve upset keiths little disney world.

Date: May 13, 2011 01:08

All you brits just answer one question. If England is so fooking great. Why doesn't keith live there. Just wonderin.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 13, 2011 01:09

StonesTod
where's bill o when you need him....he'd slap keith around and not let him finish a sentence...if he can bully obama he can bully anyone...

In this case I would have prefered Billo to Fallon. He couldn't have done worse.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 13, 2011 01:33

I'm surprised Keith didn't throw up all over the slime ball

Geeeeeeeeeeez well Keith allowed him ta hang around in the recording studio.....must think something of the guy

ROCKMAN

Date: May 13, 2011 02:12

What did you people expect. During all of teh interviews he did when the book came out.Were any of them hard hitting or informative? No,every single one of them was circle jerk of people telling Keith how wonderful he is. Why should this tv show be any different. Jane Rose wouldn't have it any other way.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 13, 2011 02:29

What a freeking cluck fest......

No matter what the Stones/members (or anyone else) do or say... the chickens are always out clucking... TOO SOFT QUESTIONS, TOO HARD QUESTIONS, WRONG SONGS, SAME SETLIST, DIDNT PLAY WHAT I WANTED, PLAYED THE SAME SONG TO MUCH, TOO MEAN, TOO NICE, TOOFKNBLAHBLAH... WHAT A CHICKEN COOP.

It seems, for some who post here, that they think this band, and its band members, only exist so you can judge every small itty bitty minute detail of everything they do....WHAT HWO WHY HER!!! OMG!!! NO WAY!!!!! WHAT A SHAME!!!!!!! WILL THEY TOPUR?? TOO OLD TO TOUR!!!! BLAH BLAH!!!!! SOBER.... NOT SOBER.... TOO FAT, TOO SKINNY, TOO DRUNK... NOT DRUNK ENOUGH!!!!! TOO OLD!!!! GEEEEEZ!!!!! EVRYTHING IS TOO FKNCLUCKIN BLAH BLAH BLAH... BUNCH OF FKN CLUCKERS!!!!

This band is the epitome of long term great rock and roll... yet all (some) people do is complain...... how about you take what you are given and say thanks.

fkncluckermessageboards

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: May 13, 2011 02:35

Crumbling mice you are 100% right but surely you knew this before? If you don't meet and greet in the US they think one's the devil himself or summat.

Anyway, great last question and a great answer from Keef!!

Lunch!!

Nice one!!

Date: May 13, 2011 02:45

Come to think of it: Why didn't they let Markus Larsson do this interview? Do you remember him? The journalist from Aftonbladet (a Swedish tabloid) who Keith hit on the head. There is a man who isn't fawning.

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: May 13, 2011 08:12

This was a really nice interview and a great showing by Keith. I like this version of Keith. And Jimmy Fallon recognizes the contributions the Stones have made to rock in a way many people on TV simply don't, so I give him props for being a guy who actually probably has a ton of old bootlegs and honestly loves the Stones in a way that many on this board do. I'll excuse his blatant ass-kissing for making an attempt to educate his audience that, hey, there's more to music than...justin bieber or whatever.

I'll take this version of Keith to the ridiculous pseudo-badass Keith from, say, that silly fake interview from '78 where he replies to the question "What was the inspiration for Let it Bleed?" with "I'll tell you what it would've been now...it would've been your face." That was so fake. And this is so real, in a humble and endearing sort of way.

(And this from a guy who done his share of modern-era Keith slagging on this board...)

Date: May 13, 2011 11:30

Bleeding ell, you americans are a sensitive bunch! I stand by what I said...awful interview, horrendous interviewing skills, sicophantic, gushing, 'have a nice @#$%& day' nonsense. You get an interview with Keith Richards you use it well - as somebody above mentioned, look at the Rod Stewart/Piers Morgan. Insightful, interesting, probing, etc etc.

The reason Keith lives in the US is largely tax reasons, and he spends the maximum amount of time he can in the UK, he also married an american woman so it kind of makes sense for him to live there. And before you all get on your 'anti- american' vibe, you are way off the mark. My initial comments were purely focused on the inept interviewing by Fallon. I'm sure Keith does lap it up and unfortunatly he has become a very corporate guy in his latter years. This is sad as I remember the old Keith who would have never dreamed of going on this kind of arse licking show. Times change as do people. It just wasn't very rock n roll.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 13, 2011 11:47

Max'sKansasCity
What a freeking cluck fest

LOL Max. Cool down and have a smileys with beer ... or two smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 13, 2011 12:15

That guy knows how to not annoy rock- Gods in any way...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: May 16, 2011 02:30

lem motlow
THE BAD- jimmy fallon.really keith?. jimmys not a bad guy,like johnny depp he's one of keiths litle fanboys that he keeps around to stroke his ego.imitating him,telling him how cool he is,its pathetic.
what's pathetic is you making this messageboard into a junior high school hallway. "like, omg! i can't believe he's hanging out with THAT guy!". johnny's been cool before he met keith. and now they're friends. sounds like you're a bit jealous that keith is hanging out with johnny and not yourself. get over it. he's not going to the dance with you.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: May 16, 2011 02:36

crumbling_mice
Bleeding ell, you americans are a sensitive bunch! I stand by what I said...awful interview, horrendous interviewing skills, sicophantic, gushing, 'have a nice @#$%& day' nonsense. You get an interview with Keith Richards you use it well - as somebody above mentioned, look at the Rod Stewart/Piers Morgan. Insightful, interesting, probing, etc etc.
the difference between those two shows is Fallon's talk show is a COMEDY show. Morgan's CNN show is a serious talk show. if Keith wanted a serious chat he would have gone on his show or Charlie Rose. but i guess he preferred to keep it light and humourous and therefore he went on Fallon's show. no point in criticizing Fallon's interview-style because it is supposed to be comedic and not serious.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: May 16, 2011 02:59

sweetcharmedlife
All you brits just answer one question. If England is so fooking great. Why doesn't keith live there. Just wonderin.eye rolling smiley

He'd have to pay tax. For all the rebel b*llsh*t about being hounded out of the country by the establishment for some unspecified reason, Keith (along with the others) left because he didn't want to pay the taxman. And that has never changed. He remains a UK citizen (which, in turn, improves his tax situation in the States).

Date: May 16, 2011 03:19

Crumbling mice
I'm surprised Keith didn't throw up all over the slime ball

I may have an odd sense of humour, but I couldn't help myself laughing at that!

Date: May 16, 2011 04:55

Lady Jayne
sweetcharmedlife

He'd have to pay tax. For all the rebel b*llsh*t about being hounded out of the country by the establishment for some unspecified reason, Keith (along with the others) left because he didn't want to pay the taxman. And that has never changed. He remains a UK citizen (which, in turn, improves his tax situation in the States).
Because Lord knows,poor Keith would be nothing but a pauper if he actually payed what he owed.eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: May 16, 2011 14:43

marcovandereijk
I don't know who the f*** Jimmy Fallon is, but man, does this guy love to talk...
There only so little time for Keith to bring up some interesting talking amidst all the
cr**** rolling out of this Fallon figure.

Iknow WTF is he a talk show host or something?? Oh wait...

Date: May 16, 2011 15:31

Seems this thread is as contentious as Taylor V Wood! I think we will have to accept that the interviewing style of the US and UK are very different and aimed at their respective audiences. Fallon wouldn't last long in the UK with that style of arse licking, and I imagine some of our talk show hosts wouldn't last long in the states - most likely being seen as too aggresive or rude. Also I guess the humour is somewhat different.

Still, seemed a shame that even in the 'comedy' style of fallon, he couldn't get a little more out of Keith before the lemons etc.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1652
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home