Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

2011 IIHF World Championships Quarterfinals
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 11, 2011 18:43

Czech Republic - USA 2-0 after the second period. Jagr scored two goals. Later today Sweden against Germany (I put some money on 3-2 to Sweden. 13 x inset). Tomorrow Canada will meet Russia and Finland will play Norway. What do you think? Who will be World Champions this year? Maybe Norway, BV?

Re: 2011 IIHF World Championships Quarterfinals
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 11, 2011 18:59

Jagr plays for Czech Republic, so certainly no tour this year!

Date: May 11, 2011 19:06

Jagr used to sport a mullet, like Jagger did in the 80`s. Czech Republic - USA 2-0 right now. 9 minutes left of the match.

Date: May 11, 2011 19:28

Jagr scores his third! Congratulations Czech Republic, 4-0 against USA. By the way, this was my 500th post on IORR!

Date: May 11, 2011 23:35

I know, nobody cares, but Sweden won against Germany with 5-2. Sweden will meet Czech Republic in one of the semifinals. What a match that will be. Tomorrow Canada-Russia and Finland-Norway in the remaining quarterfinals.

Date: May 12, 2011 22:43

Canada leads 1-0 to Russia after two periods. The winner will meet Finland (who defeated Norway with 4-1) in the semifinals. Go Russia! Third period is coming up.

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: May 12, 2011 22:52

Maybe it's time for us Finns to win this time. It's been long 16 years since we won our first (and only) World Championship gold medal. Well, Czech, Russia, Sweden and Canada are all so good that it would be a minor miracle to achieve that. At least we won Norway today.

Lots of surprises this year and the smaller teams have played rather well. Good for the competition.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: May 12, 2011 23:00

World Championship = Nobody in the US or Canada cares. I always feel sorry for their teams when they win because of that. "We won the gold!! Yeah...who cares? We've got Stanley Cup here you know. Come back when you've won that".

Anyway. I care and I hope that Sweden surprises me and win over the Czechs. Jagr is freaking amazing!
As for Russia...I love the russian team and want them to win despite them not living up to their potential. But I think Canada will beat them. Frankly, the only team that I think is capable of beating Canada is the Czech Republic...if they are in a good mood.

Date: May 12, 2011 23:04

Single Malt
Lots of surprises this year and the smaller teams have played rather well. Good for the competition.
Yes, Norway have been playing really great. A welcome surprise!

I must say that I love that the smaller teams don't give up. The just keep going even when they're down with a couple of goals! That's fighting spirit!

Date: May 12, 2011 23:21

Russia leads 2-1. Five minutes left.

Date: May 12, 2011 23:32

YYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!! GO RUSSIA!!!!!!!! I'm so happy that I was wrong!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-12 23:34 by tonterapi.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home