Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Pink Floyd to release Archive Tracks
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 11, 2011 16:56

Sorry if this has been posted:

[www.abc.net.au]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-11 16:57 by VoodooLounge13.

Re: OT: Pink Floyd to release Archive Tracks
Posted by: Thricenay ()
Date: May 11, 2011 16:59

The ones I want (if EMI are listening) are:

Scream Thy Last Scream
Vegetable Man

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: May 11, 2011 20:19

SWEET!!!

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: May 11, 2011 20:23

Thricenay
The ones I want (if EMI are listening) are:

Scream Thy Last Scream
Vegetable Man

Same here. We may get them.

The DSOTM and WYWH bonus discs have studio outtakes and contemporary live material. The Wall will have not one but four bonus CDs, two devoted to an unreleased live show (a complete gig as opposed to Is There Anybody Out There, which was compiled from several shows), and two of studio material, including outtakes and unedited takes.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 11, 2011 21:10

Didn't their albums recently get remastered? One article says they are currently out of print - which I find hard to believe since I see them in the various stores I go to.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 11, 2011 21:34

skipstone
Didn't their albums recently get remastered? One article says they are currently out of print - which I find hard to believe since I see them in the various stores I go to.

I've got a digitally re-mastered copy of DSOTM! So what are they talking about?

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: May 11, 2011 23:13

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 12, 2011 05:38

An official release of Live At The BBC would be nice ....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 12, 2011 06:48

Huh. EMI must be pretty bad if they're issuing all this stuff.

What has UMe done? Exile Rarities.

That's very forward thinking. What a joke.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: May 12, 2011 07:18

I think this looks cool, especially the Wish You Were Here bonus disc. The first set from the Darkside Live Wembley 74 has to my knowledge only existed as an audience recording (the Darkside set found on disc 2 of the Dark Side of the Moon rerelease is the easily available BBC broadcast). Further hearing outtakes from the originally planned "Household Objects" project could prove interesting.
All in all I'm looking forward to all of these rereleases.

Date: May 12, 2011 07:35

so are all the albums getting expanded eventually?

Date: May 12, 2011 09:29

keefriffhard4life

Not all of them. The plan is to issue expanded versions of Floyd's biggest sellers first - so Dark Side, Wish and The Wall. If these sell well enough they'll put out expanded versions of Animals (probably a live show, because they recorded every show on the tour), Meddle, Piper, and The Final Cut.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 12, 2011 09:51

I can't believe how Meddle keeps getting overlooked. That for me is their greatest album combining the unbridled adventure of their experimental mid-period and the commerciality of their Dark Side Of The Moon and beyond success. I'd love to hear that album in 5.1.
Perhaps it's a case of hearing Dark Side, WYWH and The Wall so much that I long for the Atom Heart Mother to Obscured By Cloud period.

Date: May 12, 2011 09:56

Happy Jack
I think this looks cool, especially the Wish You Were Here bonus disc. The first set from the Darkside Live Wembley 74 has to my knowledge only existed as an audience recording (the Darkside set found on disc 2 of the Dark Side of the Moon rerelease is the easily available BBC broadcast). Further hearing outtakes from the originally planned "Household Objects" project could prove interesting.
All in all I'm looking forward to all of these rereleases.

That's right. It was the Nov 14 1974 show at Wembley, something which I know a little about. It's a great recording, captured in stereo on an old Sony cassette machine.

Date: May 12, 2011 10:34

Nikolai
keefriffhard4life

Not all of them. The plan is to issue expanded versions of Floyd's biggest sellers first - so Dark Side, Wish and The Wall. If these sell well enough they'll put out expanded versions of Animals (probably a live show, because they recorded every show on the tour), Meddle, Piper, and The Final Cut.

thanks. piper at the gates of dwan is the one i really want an expanded version of with a live show or something. odd they wouldn't do division bell or lapse of reason as those 2 albums were pretty big sellers. much bigger than meddle, piper or the final cut

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 12, 2011 11:19

"probably a live show, because they recorded every show on the tour"

That's a retarded way of thinking. Why not offer online ALL the shows so people can buy as much live as they want? EMI lives in the 80's.

Date: May 12, 2011 11:21

tatters

The Meddle-era one?

Date: May 12, 2011 12:19

Thricenay
tatters

The Meddle-era one?

Both their BBC In Concerts from 1970 and 1971 are brilliant. I think the reason they have never come out is because EMI are demanding too much money for them. The same thing goes for the BBC Top Gear sessions they recorded with Syd Barrett and up until 1970.

Date: May 12, 2011 12:27

Silver Dagger
Thricenay
tatters

The Meddle-era one?

Both their BBC In Concerts from 1970 and 1971 are brilliant. I think the reason they have never come out is because EMI are demanding too much money for them. The same thing goes for the BBC Top Gear sessions they recorded with Syd Barrett and up until 1970.

You mean the BBC?

Date: May 12, 2011 12:58

Yes. The BBC own the tapes. In the 80s and 90s they licences many In Concert and Session recordings to the Strange Fruit label. I think the Syd Barrett Top Gear sessions ones saw the light of day on Strange Fruit.

Date: May 12, 2011 13:21

dcba

That's a retarded way of thinking. Why not offer online ALL the shows so people can buy as much live as they want? EMI lives in the 80's.

Mate, while your idea is wonderful and makes complete sense, you have to remember that this is the music industry we're talking about, and a record company notorious for its terrible decisions. John Lennon coined the term 'Every Mistake Imaginable' about the company. And that was then. They're way worse now. They've only just started getting the Bowie reissues right ...

Date: May 12, 2011 13:26

Nikolai
dcba

Mate, while your idea is wonderful and makes complete sense, you have to remember that this is the music industry we're talking about, and a record company notorious for its terrible decisions. John Lennon coined the term 'Every Mistake Imaginable' about the company. And that was then. They're way worse now. They've only just started getting the Bowie reissues right ...

a lot of big artists have left EMI in the last few years and EMI is not making a lot of money right. no way they would sell enough copies of each show to warrant pressing all the different discs.

Date: May 12, 2011 14:12

Thricenay
tatters

The Meddle-era one?

Rhapsody in Pink (The Psychedelic Years: The Incredible BBC)

Packaged under various titles, this is the collection of material to hunt for if you're looking for unreleased Floyd from the post-Barrett, pre-Dark Side era. Bootleg fidelity doesn't come any better than this; it's one of the very few occasions where you could argue that the sound may actually be better than most official releases. These BBC airshots from the late '60s and early '70s focus on rather obscure material: Julia Dream, If, Green Is the Colour, Embryo, and the never-released Murderistic Women (a blueprint for Careful With That Axe, Eugene). There are also full-bore workouts of Echoes and Atom Heart Mother Suite that, depending on ones taste, could be argued to exceed the officially issued versions. The double LP, still findable, contains about 85 minutes of music and is a great value.

-Richie Untebeger, All Music Guide To Rock

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-12 14:30 by tatters.

Date: May 12, 2011 14:58

Nick Mason talks about how this project was a race against time, because the era of physical CDs and lavish artwork is coming to an end.

[news.yahoo.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-12 15:01 by tatters.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 13, 2011 03:17

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: May 13, 2011 03:28

tatters
Nick Mason talks about how this project was a race against time, because the era of physical CDs and lavish artwork is coming to an end.
interesting marketing technique. hurry folks! buy our cd before it's too late!

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: May 13, 2011 03:34

Clips are up now of Gilmour at the Wall 02 Show.

Date: May 13, 2011 03:35

ineedadrink
tatters

Speaking of interesting marketing techniques, isn't it a remarkable coincidence that they had their little "reunion" on the same day they announced their massive re-issue program?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-13 03:35 by tatters.

Date: May 13, 2011 03:48

tatters
ineedadrink
tatters

Speaking of interesting marketing techniques, isn't it a remarkable coincidence that they had their little "reunion" on the same day they announced their massive re-issue program?

so gilmour and waters played together a few days ago?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 13, 2011 03:50

even more recent than that...

Gilmour, Waters and Mason all played together at the 02 TONIGHT....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-13 03:50 by Gazza.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1423
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home