Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Pirates of the Caribbean IV premier
Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: May 8, 2011 06:33

Getty images

Keef and Patti look great and happy

[/url]

[url=

]2:40->

2:00 ->

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-09 17:51 by MRambler.

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean IV premier
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 8, 2011 07:04

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SpanishStone ()
Date: May 8, 2011 09:43

Specially Patti. thumbs up

[www.stonescovers.com]
@Stones_Covers
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: May 8, 2011 10:02

Cool!
I hope to see him next week, in Cannes.
Sici

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 8, 2011 13:45

Patti is sick and still looks like a million dollars. Keith's a lucky man.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 8, 2011 13:55

She looks a million dollars, good health vibes coming at ya Patti. Keith looks like he needs to lose a few pounds of his belly!!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 8, 2011 14:53

Looking good indeed. Thanks for the video and the picture

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 8, 2011 15:24

More pictures here:

[www.kimatv.com]

and here:

[www.examiner.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-08 15:32 by Green Lady.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 8, 2011 16:26

JumpingKentFlash
Patti is sick and still looks like a million dollars. Keith's a lucky man.

Is Patti sick again? I know she had that cancer scare a few years back.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: May 9, 2011 00:51

Does this face look like it's been to the fountain of youth?

Depends on the light...................

ROCKMAN

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 9, 2011 01:55

Is that Jane Rose scooting them along?

What a nightmare that shit must be. Patti is a trouper.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 9, 2011 01:58

Green Lady
[www.kimatv.com]

WTF, Steven Tyler and Mickey Mouse. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 9, 2011 03:54

Patti looks great. Keith needs to get on the road and work that gut off.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 9, 2011 08:24

Rockman
Does this face look like it's been to the fountain of youth?

Depends on the light...................

You took the words right out of my mouth!

thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-09 08:26 by BluzDude.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: May 9, 2011 08:44

Maybe Keith can do an ad for Maybelline eye liner?

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: May 9, 2011 19:13

‘Pirates’ 4: Keith Richards ‘still shocked’ to work for Disney [updated]
May 08, 2011 | 2:17 p.m.
1 / 11

CAPTIONS ON

SHOW THUMBNAILS

LEAVE COMMENT

After decades of dark excess, Keith Richards seems wildly out of place at family-friendly Disneyland, but on Saturday, there he was, a rock ‘n’ roll exile on Main Street USA. “No one is more surprised by all of it than me,” the Rolling Stones guitarist said with a wink. “I never expected to work for the Disney organization for a while. I’m still shocked, but, hey, it’s all good fun.”

Richards first got on board for a cameo in the 2007 film ”Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End“ – he played the scoundrel father, Capt. William Teague, to a scoundrel son, Capt. Jack Sparrow. Sparrow is, of course, portrayed by Johnny Depp, whom Richards describes as a ”blood on blood” friend, and it’s quite apparent they have a jolly good time playing pirate together. “If Johnny says he wants to do something, well, it doesn’t take much to get me to show up,” Richards said with a rasp of a laugh.

On Saturday, Disneyland was given over to the massive premiere of the fourth movie in the franchise, “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,” and with a pared-down cast (Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy and Jonathan Pryce missed the boat — or at least their characters did), Richards was given a surprising amount of spotlight during the six-hour event, which was sort of a pop-culture pep rally. More than 700 fans paid $1,000 each to attend and watch the 3-D film on a six-story outdoor screen, eat dinner, see the stars up close and listen to a concert where Disney performers dressed as buccaneers performed “Billie Jean” and “Poker Face” like wedding singers walking the plank.

Johnny Depp and Keith Richards at the premiere of "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" at Disneyland. (Mario Anzuoni / Reuters)

Richards, with a big pirate grin, went through it all, shrugging, bowing and staggering, the same bleary ballet that famously inspired much of Depp’s on-screen shtick as Sparrow when he was first putting his now-signature character together for the 2003 film “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.” In this new movie, Richards is on screen maybe two minutes, but it’s enough time to kill a man, pass on some key knowledge to his offspring and deliver a line that gets one of the biggest laughs in the movie.

“Well, basically, I tell Johnny what to do at one point, and then I get out of there,” Richards said on Saturday.

He had just arrived at the theme park in a black SUV and was waiting in a green room where two makeup artists stood by to touch up the Disney Channel starlets and MTV faces who showed up for the all-hands-on-deck media event. It was a different world than a Stones stadium show, but there was one thing Richards recognized. “You can hear ‘em screaming already,” he said, nodding toward the wall and the thousands of fans beyond who lined the park’s sidewalks and already had waited hours for a glimpse of the celebrity parade to the premiere.

“This is so different than what I usually do, and I love to see how’s it made, you know, and this is one 3-D with the big cameras and all, and I’m interested in that, and I get to see the latest techniques. And I don’t have to really do a lot of work. We did it in London at Pinewood Studios, and it was the usual thing. You get there early, and you wait around a long time. The makeup takes a long time; it’s an incredible amount of makeup, and sometimes you’re sitting there next to a guy who’s getting scales put on. ‘Hey, how you doin’?’ It’s a lot of preparation to do something that will be short, but it’s amazing stuff, as you expect.”

A few days earlier, Rob Marshall, the director of the new film, said the set crackled with excitement on the day that Richards was scheduled to do his pirate duty. “What an amazing guy; he can’t help but be himself, and it was just an honor to have him come in,” said the Oscar-nominated filmmaker (“Chicago“) who picked up the franchise after the three-film run by Gore Verbinski. ”We were in London too, so people were just freaked out that he was coming.”

Keith Richards at the premiere of "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" at Disneyland. (Jason Merritt / Getty Images)

Marshall himself wrote the funny line that Richards delivered (a line went over big at the Saturday night screening), but he brought it to the rock star with some trepidation. “It required him to have some fun with himself, and I wasn’t sure how he’d feel about it, but it was great, he loved it,” Marshall said. “He is just so self-effacing and funny in general. I told him he was doing some great acting and he said, ‘You should see my Hamlet.’ “

Marshall made it clear that the whole scene with Richards, which takes place and in and around a scabby old tavern early in the film, was put in to satisfy the star of the franchise.

“He and Johnny have an extraordinary chemistry together, and they really love each other,” Marshall said. “When Johnny said to me and to us, ‘I want Keith in this one’ and what worked out really nicely is that instead of a cameo he’s actually really part of the storytelling and he puts the plot in motion in a way. He sends Jack on his quest, and it really brings a smile to your face when you see them on screen together.”

Richards only enhanced his real-world desperado aura and rock stature with “Life,” the bestselling memoir released in paperback just this month. The publisher – Little, Brown and Co. – paid $7 million for the book of 500-plus pages (which was written with veteran journalist James Fox), and the investment has paid off. Richards said the wave of positive reviews for the book was more than he expected.

“I was blown away, actually. I don’t know what I expected, but what we heard back was so strong,” Richards said. “There were really good reviews from some really hard critics too, and I was amazed that we were able to get the story across to people and to those critics and they all mostly liked it. I mean, my records don’t get such good reviews.”

The book’s accounts of sex, drugs and rock ‘n’ roll led to a breathless Drudge Report post in October that quoted an unnamed “inside source” and stated that alarmed Disney executives might cut Richards from the film. That only made sense if the Disney leadership and the moviegoing public were somehow unaware that Richards was a demigod of debauchery; perhaps the author of the post was unaware of a similar sort of rumor circulated before the release of the third “Pirates” film. All of it misses the point that Richards was imported into the project to bring a whiff of authentic danger to the amusement-park pirating.

“If there is a pirate soul among us, it’s Keith Richards,” Marshall said.

Richards walked the same carpet path at the previous “Pirates” premiere, but he said his first trip to the “happiest place on earth” was as paying customer. “I once brought my kids here, back in the ’60s. I was a punter then; I rode all the rides,” Richards said, although that might be slippery memory considering his first child, Marlon Richards, was born in 1969, and his second, now known as Angela Richards, arrived in 1972. [FOR THE RECORD: An earlier version of this post misstated the name of his daughter.] No matter, Richards was in a good mood on Saturday, and it was time to go meet the screaming masses, who reached out to shakes his hand or pleaded for an autograph. The fact that the youngest of those fans knew more about the Black Eyed Peas than they did “Black and Blue” didn’t bother Richards one bit. It actually provided a special sort of satisfaction.

“Not everybody that likes pirate movies necessarily likes rock ‘n’ roll, right, and so this all gives me another chance to communicate with different people,” Richards said. “Now everywhere there’s all these young people who know me as Capt. Teague, not as Keith Richards. ‘That’s Jack Sparrow’s dad!’ And that’s cool, man.”

– Geoff Boucher

LA times

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 9, 2011 19:35

Both looking good

Posted by: donteverstop ()
Date: May 9, 2011 20:23

Yes both are looking good.

But are they feeling real well...

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: May 9, 2011 20:24

you're only as good as you feel.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 9, 2011 20:42

skipstone
Is that Jane Rose scooting them along?

What a nightmare that shit must be. Patti is a trouper.

I think that was Jane.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: May 9, 2011 21:15

Keith and Patti look very nice.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: May 9, 2011 22:27

Rare public appearance without a fresh dye job. Good for him. I wonder if he'll always wear the hat now like Carlos Santana.

Keith at Pirates Premiere
Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: May 9, 2011 16:05

Re: Keith at Pirates Premiere
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 9, 2011 17:07

Keith ON Red Carpet With Johnnie Depp
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 10, 2011 02:09

smoking smiley I just watched Keith arm and arm with Johnnie Depp on the red carpet for the premier of the newest Pirates movie. Everyone was all glammed up but not our Keef, oh no, he worn a beige suede jacket, very casual. He looked like he was out for a pizza, not attending a World Premier with the toast of Hollywood . I didn't see Patti anywhere but she might have stood aside to let Keith have the spotlight. This was on the American show called Entertainment Tonight. Did anyone else see it? ( May 9th edition).

Re: Keith ON Red Carpet With Johnnie Depp
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 10, 2011 02:26

Keith's lost some weight? Face looks thinner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-10 02:26 by Justin.

Re: Keith ON Red Carpet With Johnnie Depp
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 10, 2011 02:49

Date: May 10, 2011 12:32

Keef looks like he just got caught takin' a slash in the bushes......!!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: May 10, 2011 12:32

Rob Marshall
“What an amazing guy; he can’t help but be himself"

Hey, that line sounds familiar.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: May 10, 2011 12:41

When is someone gonna say: He looks ready to tour

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2029
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home