Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tattoo Two
Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: December 19, 2014 17:08

Could the Stones possibly pull together an alternative to Tattoo You? Tracks from the same period of time covered by the original album? To be honest this would be a better option that deluxe versions of GHS, IORR, Black and Blue, Emotional Rescue. Is there enough material out there?

Re: Tattoo Two
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 19, 2014 17:20

Hmmmm. Certainly there's enough material. There are still some GHS sessions tracks that haven't been released that are finished (Criss Cross Mind) or are possibly close enough (You Should Have Seen Her Ass, Fast Talking Slow Walking and a few others.

Are they good enough to be able to represent what became a great LP with TATTOO YOU? I don't know. I think they are, especially sticking with that 10 year 1972-1981 window of sessions. At least if there were additional songs worked on in 1981 when Mick did the vocals in that silly warehouse.

However I am not averse to getting a second disc of unfinished songs ala Led Zeppelin's 2014 reissues. Why do the songs have to be finished? Just give me the proper sound quality to hear them!

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: December 19, 2014 17:40

The only problem is the band now is not the band it was in 1980, listen to the doctored up songs on Some Girls outtakes. In my opinion, they were really cooking in 1978-81 stage and Keith was in his prime (a later prime than the others)

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: December 19, 2014 17:47

Criss Cross Mind is fantastic. Curiously, I just had that song on my mind all day (even though I haven't listened to it for a while).
Strange how some Stones songs, "simple" as they may be, can be so effective and strong. If the rest of "remaining material" from that era is equally good, then surely an album made of that would be better than any album with new songs would be, although it's a sad thing to say.

Date: December 19, 2014 17:47

Given the period involved there would be no harm in including Mick T in the track enhancement process.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 19, 2014 17:50

I think we agreed the working title would be Tattoo You Too!

I'm just going from memory on this though.

Date: December 19, 2014 18:12

treaclefingers

Good shout. And now for the cover design?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 19, 2014 18:34

Tattoo Two(I like the title) would work really well. It doesn't have to end at ER, it can include leftovers thru 2015. A blend of new material plus from GHS and beyond. Could possibly make for a real nice album.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 19, 2014 18:41

Perhaps it could get the supposed original title of TATTOO.

There are certainly some leftovers from the SOME GIRLS sessions that would suffice - Fiji Jim, The Way She Held Me Tight/Misty Roads, I Need You, Munich Hilton. And then the post-SG sessions, which are essentially the EMOTIONAL RESCUE sessions: Not The Way To go, What Gives You The Right.

And on and on. Whatever. Not much left from the B&B sessions. Probably nothing from the IORR sessions...

My point is, if Mick wants to put vocals on unfinished songs, fine. But there's nothing wrong with the unfinished songs the way they are. Forget the bootlegs, gimme audio quality!

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: December 19, 2014 20:46

GasLightStreet
Perhaps it could get the supposed original title of TATTOO.

There are certainly some leftovers from the SOME GIRLS sessions that would suffice - Fiji Jim, The Way She Held Me Tight/Misty Roads, I Need You, Munich Hilton. And then the post-SG sessions, which are essentially the EMOTIONAL RESCUE sessions: Not The Way To go, What Gives You The Right.

And on and on. Whatever. Not much left from the B&B sessions. Probably nothing from the IORR sessions...

My point is, if Mick wants to put vocals on unfinished songs, fine. But there's nothing wrong with the unfinished songs the way they are. Forget the bootlegs, gimme audio quality!

' there's nothing wrong with the unfinished songs the way they are. Forget the bootlegs, gimme audio quality![/quote]'

Could not agree more.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: December 19, 2014 21:54

MrThompsonWooft
treaclefingers

They've already used it on No Security.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: December 19, 2014 22:53

i dont think that if they did produce an album using unfinished outtakes they should call it tattoo two, as it wouldnt have its own identity. instead they should club together as many outtakes as possible needing finished, finish them and release as brand new albums, just as they did with tattoo you.

i know many people dont like the idea of an album being created using outtakes started decades ago but in my opinion the important matter is when the song was finished not started.

the deluxe versions of some girls and exile could have been given a brand new title and spiced up with a couple of new songs and cover versions.

hopefully the stones can release as much stuff as possible and open as many vaults as possible with official releases before its too late.

lastly some of us live in the uk, thats in europe for those in the stones marketing department that have forgotten and we might like a release of the recent concert vault dvd,s as well, that fit uk and european dvd players.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 19, 2014 23:29

MrThompsonWooft
Could the Stones possibly pull together an alternative to Tattoo You? Tracks from the same period of time covered by the original album? To be honest this would be a better option that deluxe versions of GHS, IORR, Black and Blue, Emotional Rescue. Is there enough material out there?

"No need to write a new album"
[www.iorr.org]

The Stones don't need to write a new album. They just need to go back and get this good stuff:
1. Not the way to go
2. I need you
3. Misty Roads/The way she held me tight
4. Fiji Jim
5. Chainsaw Rocker/Stop that
6. You got it made
7. Lonely at the top
8. Munich Hilton
9. Jah is not dead
10. High School Girl
11. Eliza Upchink/Back on the Streets Again
12. She never listen to me
13. Dancing Girls
14. It's all wrong
15. What gives you the right
16. Some of us are on our knees

Date: December 19, 2014 23:48

franzk
MrThompsonWooft
treaclefingers

They've already used it on No Security.

I like the idea of Mick looking at himself in the mirror (ala the new Bowie album) but with the tattoo you makeup on (I realize it wasn't makeup on the original), and then on the back, the shot of Keith on the bicycle in the Tour de France, but with his Tattoo You face on.

an instant classic.

Date: December 19, 2014 23:52

buttons67
i dont think that if they did produce an album using unfinished outtakes they should call it tattoo two, as it wouldnt have its own identity. instead they should club together as many outtakes as possible needing finished, finish them and release as brand new albums, just as they did with tattoo you.

i know many people dont like the idea of an album being created using outtakes started decades ago but in my opinion the important matter is when the song was finished not started.

the deluxe versions of some girls and exile could have been given a brand new title and spiced up with a couple of new songs and cover versions.

hopefully the stones can release as much stuff as possible and open as many vaults as possible with official releases before its too late.

lastly some of us live in the uk, thats in europe for those in the stones marketing department that have forgotten and we might like a release of the recent concert vault dvd,s as well, that fit uk and european dvd players.

Two things, first buy yourself a universal Blu-ray player...they're cheap and then you'll never worry about what region you're buying from.

Second, I agree...I like the finished versions. Plundered My Soul was excellent and if we could get even ONE more like that, it would be worth it. Who needs odds and sods of half baked ideas?

Isn't that what the bootleg torrent market is for?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-20 14:36 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: December 21, 2014 02:37

I have a boot called "Tattoo Too" that Incan't find or for the life of me remember what's on it. Whatever they'd drag out I'd just hope they don't do a load of current day overdubs.

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: December 21, 2014 15:58

ciao kriffhard ma tu sei mark77 che su rollingstonesitalia?? ti avevo madato l'invito su face ma non hai accettato il mio รจ sergio balasso..scusate l'off

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home