Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Robin Zander (Cheap Trick)...he visited my daugher's school
Date: May 4, 2011 04:44

custom55
This rocks

yup from 1977. like i said they never topped that. everything else was either too pop and polished or sounded too much like rewrites of the first album although most or their albums are solid. they need a deluxe edition of the 1st album with everything recorded at those sessions and a concert from that year or even the year before

Posted by: cc ()
Date: May 4, 2011 05:55

"Downed" comes up every time I listen to Pandora internet radio. I didn't like it much at first--hadn't heard any Cheap Trick past "Budokan"--but I've gotten to admire it. I don't really buy the psychedelic "Dear Prudence" part, but in the rest, the band really goes for it.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: May 4, 2011 16:02

Hi everyone. You're welcome! He's been at parent night functions and seems like a really nice guy. My daughter was told that he spent more time with the kids the last couple of years, but wasn't able to be as involved this past year because of touring. I hear his son is a great guitarist, but doesn't sing.
Cheap Trick always seemed a little too pop for me. But, I must admit, after seeing him at school meetings, I looked up his work and I think he's great, really talented.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 4, 2011 17:04

Check out "Woke Up With A Monster" if you think they're too pop. Channelling John Lennon ala Cold Turkey. BTW, they do a great version of John's "I'm Losing You".

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: May 4, 2011 20:17

Elmo Lewis
Check out "Woke Up With A Monster" if you think they're too pop. Channelling John Lennon ala Cold Turkey. BTW, they do a great version of John's "I'm Losing You".

Wasn't Cheap Trick the band in that official 'I'm Losing You" video with Lennon?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm loo-hoo-hoo-hoo-sin yoo

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: May 4, 2011 20:52

Rick, Tom, & I think Bun E. played on the original "I'm Losing You" from the Double Fantasy sessions; the originally released version replicated their arrangement with the studio guys who played on the rest of the album. The version with Trick came out in the late '90s on a box set (Wonsaponatime, maybe?) - that's where the video's from.

Date: May 4, 2011 21:14

in the video i thought it was tony levin on bass?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 4, 2011 21:19

Nice live version of "I'm Losing You" on Silver from the 25th anniversary show. DVD and/or CD

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: May 4, 2011 21:37

Speaking of Woke Up...., check out You're All I Wanna Do from that album. One of many, many great unheralded Trick tunes.And my band ain't called BUDOKAN for no apparent reason.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 4, 2011 22:20

Allright,if you want a good rocking CT number. This one always works for me.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 5, 2011 15:28

Very underrated american band.

I don't think Bun E. Carlos is touring with them anymore though. Back problems if I remember correctly.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: May 5, 2011 16:17

He certainly wasn't in the UK with them end of last year. Rick's son was on the drums

Why do they keep doing this Sgt Peppers bollocks though?

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 5, 2011 16:44

Last time I saw them, Bun E. Carlos got up and was walking around behind the drumset every few songs, clearly hurting. And I didn't know this before the tour, but they kept the show to 75 minutes because of his back trouble.

Was kind of weird, was a great show, then over and not even 10:00 PM yet, everyone's kind of like...what do we do now?? :-)

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: May 22, 2011 16:46

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I listened to more of their music, and I guess "pop" wasn't the best genre to use. I like, but don't love them....I guess they are just a little too rock and roll for me. I heard Zander singing some blues covers on satellite radio which I loved, but I've never really been that into "white rock" and prefer the bluesy stuff.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: May 22, 2011 21:23

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 24, 2011 04:55

>"Downed" comes up every time I listen to Pandora internet radio. I didn't like it much at first--hadn't heard any Cheap Trick past "Budokan"--

But "Downed" is pre-BUDOKAN -- it's from IN COLOR.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 967
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home