Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Miss You; Dr Dre Re-mix
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 27, 2011 21:10

Passing a slow day by looking throuhg unusual Stones mixes on You Tube and this one really stuck out as one that worked....or maybe not, what do you think?

Re: Miss You; Dr Dre Re-mix
Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: April 27, 2011 21:31

Pretty terrible. I seriously doubt that Dre had anything to do with this. It's the same beat over and over the whole time!

I imagine some random dude made this at home, thought it sounded kinda like a Dr Dre type beat, and threw up on youtube. Does not sound like a professional remix to me.

Date: April 27, 2011 21:45

Hmmm, I thought it sounded authentic.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: April 27, 2011 22:02

I like it because Mick's voice it up front and in your face. You really hear the power in his voice when its semi-isolated like this.

Posted by: stonesncrowes ()
Date: April 27, 2011 22:10

It's authentic. It's from one of the Austin Powers soundtracks.

Date: April 27, 2011 22:34

stupidguy2
I like it because Mick's voice it up front and in your face. You really hear the power in his voice when its semi-isolated like this.

Agreed on that stupidguy.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: April 28, 2011 01:03

crumbling_mice
stupidguy2

Agreed on that stupidguy.

It's like he's screaming in your ear, very raw and visceral.

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: April 28, 2011 07:00

lettingitbleed
Pretty terrible. I seriously doubt that Dre had anything to do with this. It's the same beat over and over the whole time!

I imagine some random dude made this at home, thought it sounded kinda like a Dr Dre type beat, and threw up on youtube. Does not sound like a professional remix to me.

Awful, along with all Rap and hip hop crap. You can't spell crap without rap . . . Never really thought hip hop has any social redeeming quality. Except maybe misogyny, materialism, and violence; all the wonderful American qualities we want to perpetuateeye rolling smiley . . . machine driven music, souless, the worst society has to offer; plastic; corporate, gross . . . what happens when the electricity goes out . . .

Our beloved rock music is dead angry smiley. . .

Date: April 28, 2011 13:19

Northshore....I'm no rap fan myself, never got into it and agree I think it has ruined music to a cetain extent...but I dont count this as rap. I think it's overall a fairly good re-work of Miss You.

Date: April 28, 2011 13:51

...luvit.
Hands up for dr. Dré!
Good work he did with this. Groooovy...

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: April 28, 2011 14:44

crumbling_mice
Northshore....I'm no rap fan myself, never got into it and agree I think it has ruined music to a cetain extent...but I dont count this as rap. I think it's overall a fairly good re-work of Miss You.

I hear you and I understand . . . it was late night venting cool smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 28, 2011 14:54

This is pretty cool but is it legal? What's Micks comments on it?

2 1 2 0

Date: April 28, 2011 15:13

Legal or not, i don't think the stones are in position to complain about other people ripping their music do you?!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 28, 2011 15:59

Well since I ask I have no answer...Would be cool to rip William S Burroughs reading one of his poems above The Doors 'The End'..can you manage this on the tube?

2 1 2 0

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 28, 2011 16:16

It IS legal, as someone pointed out here, it's on one of the Austin Powers soundtracks. I have it in my collection, and I personally thoroughly enjoy this remake.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 28, 2011 16:25

It was used in Four Flicks. Of course it was legal.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1691
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home