Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: 1981
Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 12, 2011 00:11

We need more of Keith's outstanding backup vox from 1981:

Posted by: donteverstop ()
Date: May 12, 2011 00:29

More Hot Rocks
81 Jagger at his worst. Ronnie close to his worst. Even Keith says so. Non creative tour. Punk 3 min song set list. No "deep" cuts. A bore at best.

Jagger was at his best as a frontman and singer.

Ronnie was ok, as every tour.

Very creative tour, many many firsts.

Punk was popular, Stones never did it - aside from She Said Yeah.

Charlie's drumming was fantastic.

Nuff said.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: May 12, 2011 00:32

More hot rocks - were you at any shows? Fantastic tour.

Posted by: adrianmfa2 ()
Date: May 12, 2011 14:49

donteverstop
brianwalker
pgarof
Seen them on all tours since 71, When they played the MNews arena and Wembley arena in 2003 they were definatly NOT vegas, they were raw and at their best.

hot smiley

The Vegas stuff on this board is over the top.

I saw them in 1981 and they sucked. As far as I am concerned 81 was nothing but a blown opportunity. This was the Stones at their most famous, and most popular. The eyes of the world was on them like it never was before, they had no competition anymore, and they laid an egg. They played way to fast, the sound was way too thin, and they butchered their own songs. . I don't think there was one song from that tour that was played as good on stage then it was on record, except for JMI. Plus Jagger was unwatchable on that tour. After that although I loved their albums I thought they were nothing but hype as a live act.

Then I saw them in 1989 in Toronto, and they destroyed. It was the best concert I ever saw. The whole band was on fire from the opening note to the end of the concert. Night and day from 81. The crowd was going crazy from the first song, unlike 1981 when everyone was bored to death. Look at the videos of 1981/82. You can see the dissappointment in the crowd. The only Stones tour I have ever seen where the crowd bored and uninterested.

I disagree. Fully. But high five my fellow Stones fan.

Bored and uninterested?

The crowd was really hot! In all shows... just listen the audience recordings and you'll see..

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2289
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home