Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT - J.Geils Band "Live Full House" Deluxe Edition
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 1, 2010 01:04

Sorry if posted before,this was advertised yesterday at Rhino´s main page,
but dropped meanwhile ....and the price changed from 39,98 $ to ???????.

Obviously there´s still some need to fix this release and some details about it...

[www.rhino.com]

Re: OT - J.Geils Band "Live Full House" Deluxe Edition
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: July 1, 2010 02:19

Looking forward to this release,The bad boys from Boston one of my favorite top five bands...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 1, 2010 02:35

Wow! Great information thanks so much shortfatfanny! I will love getting that one. A classic blow out from the boys from Boston! LOVE IT!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 1, 2010 02:47

Why can't the Stones do this! BASTARDS!

Posted by: saturn57 ()
Date: July 1, 2010 05:02

Maybe they should have signed with Rhino instead of Universal winking smiley

It's so very lonely, you're 2,000 Light Years from home

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: July 1, 2010 05:26

Very stoked about this. I already paid for it online a couple days ago at the $ 39.98 price. They better not increase the price and then go ahead and charge my card the difference.They already told me that rather than give me the free shipping ( I ordered it and the Delaney and Bonnie box at the same time, so was well over the $ 50 required ) that I was entitled to, I had to pay $ 20.70 for shipping (w/ "Rush" being the only option) and then wait to receive the shipment and then contact them to ask for a refund on shipping(??!!?). I still love what Rhino are putting out but whoever is running the website or sales in general or what-have-you is on crack. Between this dodgy practice and their refusal to correct the bonus discs on the Stooges Rhino Handmade release (the John Cale mixes ran way too slow), it almost makes me reluctant to purchase future releases. Almost.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 1, 2010 16:08

This should be great! Geils is one of the best LIVE bands ever. A great show and Wolf is a great performer.

Posted by: melvin ()
Date: July 1, 2010 16:45

I am looking forward to this one and always thought that the original resease was too short and hoped that the full show would finally come out. But why did the record company release two shows both with the same set list?
Also, I don't understand why bootleg cds do the same thing. Do you really want to buy and hear 2 shows with the same set list only from the next night.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 1, 2010 17:10

Wow,that sounds cool. I have it on cd already and listen to it frequently. But for $40 or less I would definitely pick up the deluxe version. The JGB was one of the greatest live bands ever.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 1, 2010 17:17

I always thought this was the best album the band ever released!!

Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: July 1, 2010 21:42

I was going to order this, but the page has been taken down. Going...Going...Gone...

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 2, 2010 00:54

They have been such a good Rockband before the Centerfold/MTV years!

Full House - another one of those great early 70's live rockalbums.

And I remember when I first heard Hard drivin Man on radio I thought it would be new unknown Stones live stuff! Great!

Posted by: funkyjudgeUK ()
Date: July 2, 2010 20:47

Apparently the "Live Full House" Deluxe Edition is 'on hold'.

Got this email from Rhino:

Thank you for contacting Rhino.Com.

We would like to inform you that the J. Geils Band "Live" Full House is currently "on-hold". If there is any change in status, we will email you. Hence we have taken the product of on our online store, As its not available to place the order.

We apologize for this inconvenience caused.

funkyjudge

[funkyjudge.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-02 21:29 by funkyjudgeUK.

Date: December 4, 2010 15:22

Sorry to hear about it is on-hold.

In UK they had the Faces and the Who to rival the Stones.
In USA for my money there were 3 great live acts in the 70´s:
The New York Dolls, Edgar Winter group (The Rick Derringer and Dan Hartman incarnation), and these guys.
I guess they lacked just a bit more confidence, some more work on compositions and maybe a second guitarrist to be huge.
I just thought USA record companies in the 70´s never understood what a real great rock band could be, loading their money and marketing on bands such as Eagles and the Doobie Brothers, all with real good musicians, but too cliche-ed, no direction and absolutely not a hint of what a real rock song should be composed.
They obviously finally hit it big, after, in the Freeze-Frame years,when Seth Justmann and his keyboard got ahead of things, but those soul/blues seventies stuff were just the best ones.o
I got the Original Albums series and I am hearing those seventies albums after all those years, and they are just amazing.
One of the best live records ever for me. They just HAVE to release it.
The 2 vinyl set "Blow yur face out" is also very good.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: December 4, 2010 17:10

According to Jgeils.net:

8/6/2010
Geils Nixes "Full House" Reissue
Take that reissue of the J. Geils Band's "Live -- Full House" off your shopping list. Peter Wolf tells The Insider that the group has scotched Rhino Records' plans to put out the two-CD set, which was slated to feature both of the April 21-22, 1972 shows at Detroit's Cinderella Ballroom from which the original 1972 album was culled. Wolf says that the new release "wasn't authorized by us. What we did was pick the best stuff of the two evenings...They were calling it 'Full House,' and we responded by saying, 'Wait a second. First of all, it would be nice if you'd contact us for consideration, artistically. Second of all, it's not 'Full House.' This is not even the original album; it was just from those evenings. To call it 'Full House' is extremely misleading. And to not even ask for our participation and move forward without our participation is just very artistically insulting. So it's been nixed." Neither Wolf nor Rhino would indicate if negotiations are continuing to release the package. Meanwhile, Geils is set for a return to the Motor City environs on August 21 at the DTE Energy Music Theatre.

Posted by: microvibe ()
Date: December 4, 2010 20:07

one of the best live albums ever!

Date: December 4, 2010 23:12

Why don't they just do it themselves then. It's all the latest rage.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 4, 2010 23:59

$39.98?!!!!!!!!! For what?

Date: December 5, 2010 05:24

Sad to read it.Just sad.
It seems to be a curse that great rockers always don´t have any clue of what to do with their back catalog.
Maybe the talent is so huge it´s just wasted on the music and they just don´t feel anything more?
(Hi Jagger can you hear me?)

Date: December 5, 2010 11:18

No Expectations
According to Jgeils.net:

8/6/2010
Geils Nixes "Full House" Reissue
Take that reissue of the J. Geils Band's "Live -- Full House" off your shopping list. Peter Wolf tells The Insider that the group has scotched Rhino Records' plans to put out the two-CD set, which was slated to feature both of the April 21-22, 1972 shows at Detroit's Cinderella Ballroom from which the original 1972 album was culled. Wolf says that the new release "wasn't authorized by us. What we did was pick the best stuff of the two evenings...They were calling it 'Full House,' and we responded by saying, 'Wait a second. First of all, it would be nice if you'd contact us for consideration, artistically. Second of all, it's not 'Full House.' This is not even the original album; it was just from those evenings. To call it 'Full House' is extremely misleading. And to not even ask for our participation and move forward without our participation is just very artistically insulting. So it's been nixed." Neither Wolf nor Rhino would indicate if negotiations are continuing to release the package. Meanwhile, Geils is set for a return to the Motor City environs on August 21 at the DTE Energy Music Theatre.

after reading that i can honestly say the members of j. geils now sound like old people with no clue

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: December 5, 2010 11:47

microvibe
one of the best live albums ever!

One of the best ever? I agree with that, though I have albums like "Ya Ya's", the Who's "Live at Leeds", the Allman's "Live at Flimore East", Lou Reed's "Rock 'n Roll Animal", James Brown "Live at the Apollo", the Dead's "Live Dead" and "Europe '72", and others like Dylan and the Band's "Before The Flood", Harrison's "Concert for Bangladesh", Neil's "Live Rust", among others vying for top spots...but J. Geils' "Full House" definitely deserves mention in the pantheon...the rush of the J. Geils Band's live version of "First I Look At The Purse" is simply as bad-ass as it gets...

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: December 5, 2010 12:29

I can understand their frustration, but it kinda sucks that it's not coming out at all now as a result.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-05 15:18 by bustedtrousers.

Date: December 5, 2010 13:31

it does include full house. it contains every song released on the original full house album. we were going to get the entire run of songs but now we get nothing. if abkco released the full concerts from everything used to create ya ya's why would some complain the original chopped up and pieced together release is missing? thats like ordering a piece of cake, getting charged for a piece of cake but getting the entire cake and then complaining you wanted just 1 piece.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 5, 2010 20:38

Still, $39.98. This ain't the Allman Brothers at the Fillmore East. Much as I like Full House, it ain't worth $39.98 for a Deluxe Edition. You can get the original CD for under ten bucks, shipping included. That means the Deluxe Edition has to add $30 worth of value to what we can already get.

Date: December 5, 2010 22:06

24FPS
Still, $39.98. This ain't the Allman Brothers at the Fillmore East. Much as I like Full House, it ain't worth $39.98 for a Deluxe Edition. You can get the original CD for under ten bucks, shipping included. That means the Deluxe Edition has to add $30 worth of value to what we can already get.
Well evidently it's not coming out. So you don't have to worry about it.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: December 6, 2010 01:55

Yeah, why concern yourself with the cost of something that's not even being released? But if it still were-$39.98 seems pretty much in line with what the list price for the deluxe edition series double sets and Rhino Handmade 2-cd sets go for generally, especially when you factor in the fancy packaging for this cancelled title. Obviously you're free to think that's too much but it's certainly not out of the ordinary.

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: October 7, 2014 13:50

Any news on this topic?

Date: October 7, 2014 14:22

24FPS

This is the regular price for a normal, single album here confused smiley

What's the acceptable price for a Deluxe release in the US anyway?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 7, 2014 15:39

As good as Full House is, I prefer Blow Your Face Out.

Date: October 8, 2014 12:28

Elmo Lewis
As good as Full House is, I prefer Blow Your Face Out.

Both are excellent. Even Showtime is great, imo.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2507
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home