Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Taylor Autobiography ?
Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: April 15, 2011 17:06

I was just listening to Sirus radio ( They were playing SHe Was hot) and after the song was over the DJ said that Mick Taylor was going to put out an Autobiography about his time with the Stones. I don't know if that has been discussed here before and If it has sorry for the repeat but that was the first time I had heard that one. Migh tbe an interesting read.

Re: Mick Taylor Autobiography ?
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 15, 2011 17:20

his life with the stones that ended almost 4 decades ago? how timely....

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 15, 2011 18:02

This is something Mick talks about writing one day. He mentioned it fairly recently. There is no book as of yet nor is there a publishing deal. The DJ got carried away that's all. I'm not saying it won't happen, but it's certainly not imminent.

Date: April 15, 2011 18:10

Rocky Dijon
This is something Mick talks about writing one day. He mentioned it fairly recently. There is no book as of yet nor is there a publishing deal. The DJ got carried away that's all. I'm not saying it won't happen, but it's certainly not imminent.

it'll never happen. this will run the same course as any one of a million other projects that taylor will mention and never follow through on. i'm still awaiting that amazing record of his with bonnie raitt.

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: April 15, 2011 18:46

Thanks for the feedback. I will go slap the shit out of the DJ for everyone

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 15, 2011 18:49

I'm waiting for the movie...

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 15, 2011 19:49

Taylor, is washed out, all he has are pipe dreams, if you can't do anything of note for 30 years with his talent, I wouldn't hold yer breath for anything coming soon. It's a crying shame what that guy did after he quit the band - so much talent and so little achievement. His school report should read, 'Mick could do better but lacks ambition'.

Posted by: Squiggle ()
Date: April 15, 2011 20:45

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-17 00:22 by Squiggle.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 15, 2011 20:53

crumbling_mice
Taylor, is washed out, all he has are pipe dreams, if you can't do anything of note for 30 years with his talent, I wouldn't hold yer breath for anything coming soon. It's a crying shame what that guy did after he quit the band - so much talent and so little achievement. His school report should read, 'Mick could do better but lacks ambition'.

Why don't we push him to the ground, the better to be able to kick him?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 15, 2011 20:58

MJ is the only one who can save MT at this point... a surprising irony.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: April 15, 2011 21:02

Could be interesting if it ever happens, but I hope that he doesn't just cover his period as a Stone, he did a lot of interesting things besides that, his playing with Mayall before, where he met and jammed with Hendrix and others, playing with Bob Dylan, the Jack Bruce thing, his playing with the other Stones in the John Phillips album. And I find his first solo album quite interesting.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 15, 2011 21:19

Listen to his guitar and there is his book.
I'am not interested in his personal life.
He would have written it a long time ago
if he really had the intention, imo.

Date: April 15, 2011 21:20

71Tele
crumbling_mice

It's just how it is Tele, I'm sure he knows it better than anyone and won't be too perturbed by my comments - maybe that's what he needs, a good kick up the arse!

Date: April 15, 2011 21:34

crumbling_mice
71Tele
crumbling_mice

It's just how it is Tele, I'm sure he knows it better than anyone and won't be too perturbed by my comments - maybe that's what he needs, a good kick up the arse!

I know, and I am disappointed with him as well, starting from when he foolishly decided to leave the Stones, but I still feel badly when people pile on. Not everyone is made of the same strong stuff as Mick, Keith, etc.

Date: April 15, 2011 21:40

Point taken, and as a way of balancing the negativity, just in case he reads this forum....Mick, you were one of the most talented guitarists to ever grace the soundwaves and could/should have gone on to greater things and there is still time to do it - look at Eric, look to covering some old blues classics, the recording would sell, trust me. We just get a little frustrated on here because you inspired us in such a way that we wanted to see you succeed after you left the band... confused smiley

Date: April 15, 2011 22:09

had he not foolishly left the stones, there's little doubt that he wouldn't be foolishly alive today....but a small price to pay for more glory, i suppose....

Date: April 15, 2011 22:11

StonesTod
had he not foolishly left the stones, there's little doubt that he wouldn't be foolishly alive today....but a small price to pay for more glory, i suppose....

We'll never know, will we?

Date: April 15, 2011 22:18

71Tele
StonesTod

We'll never know, will we?

of course we will - one of the great questions to ask in the afterlife.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1751
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home