Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Status Quo cancel shows due to Rick Parfitt illness
Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: August 2, 2014 19:03

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Get well soon Rick

Re: OT: Status Quo cancel shows due to Rick Parfitt illness
Date: August 2, 2014 19:29

Not again! Let's hope it's not as serious as the last time.

Best rhythm guitar player in the world.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 2, 2014 19:37

And all the best from me too Rick!

I saw you play when you came to Swindon in 1990 and 6 months later supporting Rod Stewart at Wembley. Fun band who make fun of themselves and don't take themselves too seriously.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: August 2, 2014 19:40

Saw them first time in Norway in 1987. Seen five more shows after that. Always a blast thumbs up

Date: August 2, 2014 21:13

Are they well known in Norway DP ? 1987, wow!!! You must have been a mere puppy back thenwinking smiley. I saw my 1st ever gig that same year - U2 at Cardiff Arms Park on the Joshua Tree tour, the peak of their popularity.

Status Quo have existed in one form or another since the 60s.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: August 2, 2014 21:52

Since 1962.

It was my second show ever. I was 16 smiling smiley

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: August 2, 2014 21:52

The first cassette I had in the early 70sI was Piledriver, next was On the Level. Didn't listen much after that but always enjoyed hearing them on the radio or on tv. Got a Best of CD some years ago. Saw them live in Drammen (Norway) at the "Elvefestival" (River festival) 3(?) years ago. Very enjoyable and a fun. A band that did not take themself to serious and knew how to please the audience. Would love to see them again. If you have the chance, see them. You won't regret it.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 3, 2014 11:31

I know you worked at BT gregor and don't know if you remember the weekend they took over Alton Towers for employees who had done over 25 years service. Went up there with the family, and Status Quo were playing both days along with Madness and a whole lot more.

Status Quo were definitely the highlight of that great summers day,and only time I seen them to this day.

Hope you get better soon ,Rick. thumbs up

Date: August 3, 2014 16:41

Crawdaddy,

I was only at NSH for 2 years and never directly employed by them. However, as a long term temp I certainly knew a lot of people there and ate in the canteen every day. I spent most of my time in Logistics Finance.

BT still own NSH, but thanks to the brutal cuts in the last 2 decades they can no longer fill it with their own staff. 3 quarters of it is rented out and occupied by other companies!

Still, a day out at the Towers with your fellow Londoners the Quo & Madness sounds like a lot of fun thumbs up

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: August 3, 2014 17:43

DandelionPowderman
Not again! Let's hope it's not as serious as the last time.

Best rhythm guitar player in the world.
no I don't agree
The best is Keith
That's what Charlie Watts said and I believe him

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2163
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home