Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Rolling Stones
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 5, 2011 14:33

with sssoul
i love the Rolling Stones ... and i mean exactly the Rolling Stones

and, don't think there's a poster among us who doesn't.....

Re: Critical Stones Fans "Only have Themselves to Blame"
Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: April 5, 2011 14:35

Man, I wish we had something substantial to discuss, like a new (solo) record. This 'debate' is growing tired.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 5, 2011 14:37

mr edward
Man, I wish we had something substantial to discuss, like a new (solo) record. This 'debate' is growing tired.

Watch the baby eagles.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 5, 2011 14:40

with sssoul
i love the Rolling Stones ... and i mean exactly the Rolling Stones

sssoul ... this doesn't sound like you. Has your IORR password been hacked or something ? There's another relatively recent post of yours somewhere that also has a certain "un sssoul" like ring about it.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 5, 2011 14:53

thewatchman
A Stones concert is absolutely the "Greatest Show On Earth" and worth every penny paid. It's two hours of wall to wall emotion! Yeah, they may not be firing on all cylinders these days, but who cares, (outside of a few critics) they still deliver the "goods", the "goods" meaning a high energy performance that has their audience in a "state of frenzy"!

A Stones audience in a 'state of frenzy' ? Huh?

Outside of the likes of Argentina, they're more likely to be in a state of incontinence due to their increasing age and infirmity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-05 14:55 by Gazza.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: April 5, 2011 14:55

There will be no Stones concerts in the future.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 5, 2011 15:13

windmelody

Oh darn, now you take away all the fun

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 5, 2011 15:18

thewatchman
skipstone
If you have expectations from a band that lost its edge years ago with the price for a ticket that should have a band firing better then ever before then the saying "a fool and his money are bound to part" comes to mind.

As do more redonkulous threads.

A Stones concert is absolutely the "Greatest Show On Earth"and worth every penny paid. It's two hours of wall to wall emotion! Yeah, they may not be firing on all cylinders these days, but who cares, (outside of a few critics) they still deliver the "goods", the "goods" meaning a high energy performance that has their audience in a "state of frenzy"!

thewatchman..yea'.. I've said all this before but I'll say it again just for ya' because ya' new here.It's all to do with The Stones ticket prices.Right ya' go and buy a new or even second hand Rolla' or Ferrari ya' know they're going to be expensive ..and why are they expensive because they're a great motor vehicle..they're the Best..ya' go and stay a few nights at the Ritz..its common knowledge a few nights there does'nt come cheap..and why does'nt it come cheap because..they're the Best.The same applies to The Rolling Stones when ya' buy a ticket some of them don't come cheap and why because.. they're the Best.Its just the way it is ya' paying for quality.I don't have a problem with the prices of Rolling Stones tickets at all not like some fans here that are always banging on about it.Anyway whats a few hundred dollars every time a Rolling Stones tour comes around..ya' probably just waste it on something and have nothing to show for it..cheers mate.smoking smiley

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 5, 2011 16:04

colonial
thewatchman
skipstone
If you have expectations from a band that lost its edge years ago with the price for a ticket that should have a band firing better then ever before then the saying "a fool and his money are bound to part" comes to mind.

A Stones concert is absolutely the "Greatest Show On Earth"and worth every penny paid. It's two hours of wall to wall emotion! Yeah, they may not be firing on all cylinders these days, but who cares, (outside of a few critics) they still deliver the "goods", the "goods" meaning a high energy performance that has their audience in a "state of frenzy"!

thewatchman..yea'.. I've said all this before but I'll say it again just for ya' because ya' new here.It's all to do with The Stones ticket prices.Right ya' go and buy a new or even second hand Rolla' or Ferrari ya' know they're going to be expensive ..and why are they expensive because they're a great motor vehicle..they're the Best..ya' go and stay a few nights at the Ritz..its common knowledge a few nights there does'nt come cheap..and why does'nt it come cheap because..they're the Best.The same applies to The Rolling Stones when ya' buy a ticket some of them don't come cheap and why because.. they're the Best.Its just the way it is ya' paying for quality.I don't have a problem with the prices of Rolling Stones tickets at all not like some fans here that are always banging on about it.Anyway whats a few hundred dollars every time a Rolling Stones tour comes around..ya' probably just waste it on something and have nothing to show for it..cheers mate.smoking smiley

Madonna tickets cost just as much. Is she also the best? And if Madonna tickets cost five times as much as Bob Dylan tickets (which they do) I guess that means Madonna is five times better and/or more important than Bob Dylan, right?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-05 16:28 by tatters.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: April 5, 2011 16:09

71Tele
thewatchman
skipstone

A Stones concert is absolutely the "Greatest Show On Earth" and worth every penny paid. It's two hours of wall to wall emotion! Yeah, they may not be firing on all cylinders these days, but who cares, (outside of a few critics) they still deliver the "goods", the "goods" meaning a high energy performance that has their audience in a "state of frenzy"!

When when the guitarists "can't play" and the "goods" are priced "higher than ever", then it is no longer "the greatest show on earth" and the only "state of frenzy" some of us are in is one of frenzied "disappointment".

So when did that happen then? not at any show I have been to

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: April 5, 2011 16:15

colonial, keep drinking that kool-aid, mate.

Date: April 5, 2011 17:18

Gazza
thewatchman

Outside of the likes of Argentina, they're more likely to be in a state of incontinence due to their increasing age and infirmity.

i didn't realize argentina was home to all the young stones fans.

but, yeah, i've been to a lot of stones shows, i guess i've missed out on all these states of frenzy. i get those at pogues shows, though....very fun.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: April 5, 2011 17:36

Come On ~~

Great picture you posted !!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 5, 2011 17:56

paulywaul
sssoul ... this doesn't sound like you

... huh?
saying i love the Rolling Stones, as opposed to some notion of what the Stones "should" be - sounds just like me to me!
you need some popcorn, paul :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-05 18:08 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: April 5, 2011 18:06

tatters
colonial
thewatchman
skipstone

Madonna tickets cost just as much. Is she also the best? And if Madonna tickets cost five times as much as Bob Dylan tickets (which they do) I guess that means Madonna is five times better and/or more important than Bob Dylan, right?

Slow day?

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: April 5, 2011 20:03

StonesTod
Gazza
thewatchman

i didn't realize argentina was home to all the young stones fans.

but, yeah, i've been to a lot of stones shows, i guess i've missed out on all these states of frenzy. i get those at pogues shows, though....very fun.

The Stones do have Rolling Stones wine so perhaps for the older incontinent fan-base Rolling Stones Metamucil (for extra fiber) or Rolling Stones All Bran cereal would be advisable?

I'll have an Absolut with Ensure" was something I overheard at the last gig.

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: April 5, 2011 20:23

colonial
Stones fans who continue to critically analyse every wee thing about The Rolling Stones members.. their music and how they perform.."will only have themselves to blame" if they feel disappointed about any future Rolling Stones performances that aren't up to their unrealistic expectations of a band thats being around for as long as they have.Because the everyday fan on the street are alot more understanding and if The Stones were to make a small mistake on the night..does it really matter..99.9% of the crowd probably would'nt of noticed it anyway..smoking smiley

Hey Colonial....interesting....I agree

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 5, 2011 20:29

as proudmary put it in a nearby thread:
"There's something positive about the Rolling Stones"

there sure is.
now turn up the Stones!

Posted by: belld ()
Date: April 5, 2011 20:42

Circles again. In fact my opinion whether stupid, clever, insightful, subjective, dumb, biased, meaningful, really doesn`t matter. But the Beatles? A simple little pop band. Come on Gazza let`s go. Incontinence is just a shot away.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 5, 2011 20:43

Somebody once called me a cheerleader on this board. Glad to see I'm not alone. Give me a S-T-O-N-E-S, what's that spell? Yeah, now let's get busy preparing for those overpriced tickets next year!

Date: April 5, 2011 20:49

frankotero
Somebody once called me a cheerleader on this board. Glad to see I'm not alone. Give me a S-T-O-N-E-S, what's that spell?

i was told there wouldn't be a spelling test today. and, besides, i left my bi-focals at the home....

Posted by: winter ()
Date: April 5, 2011 21:10

Re: Critical Stones Fans "Only have Themselves to Blame":

Are you kidding me?!? Us 'critical' Stones fans have a lot more than just 'ourselves' to blame, open your eyes! There's producers, marketers, Fate, fans of other bands, radio and media consolidation, the goalie who lost the World Cup, warmongers, polluters, fundamentalists, mean people, ...I could go on all day, but I'm going to take Tatters' suggestion and go back to watching the baby eagles. "Only have themselves to blame", my ass...

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: April 6, 2011 07:12

Rolling Hansie
thewatchman

Man, are you good today. Very well said.

Thanks, mate. I blame it all on passion, passion for the greatest joy givers the world has ever known!

Date: April 6, 2011 07:23

Rolling Hansie
thewatchman
Just had a funny thought, the naysayers standing amidst the million on the beach in Rio and screaming, "they ain't what they used to be"!

LOL, this one is even better.

Thanks again, mate. I am not one to laugh at my own jokes but for this one I will make an exception!

One Luv, Gold Rings On Ya

Date: April 6, 2011 07:35

colonial
thewatchman
skipstone

Colonial,

Well stated, mate. I couldn't agree more with what you have said here. I have been putting money away in a special account since 2006 with the hopes I will get one last crack at seeing them live. Next time around I am going to be as close to the stage as possible. Really hope it's in an arena this time around.

Date: April 6, 2011 07:38

Gazza
thewatchman

Would wildly enthusiastic work better for ya, mate? Can't think of one live performance I have ever seen that wasn't at least that.

Date: April 6, 2011 07:41

Rolling Hansie
windmelody

Oh darn, now you take away all the fun

There they go again with those negative waves!

Date: April 6, 2011 08:32

frankotero
Somebody once called me a cheerleader on this board. Glad to see I'm not alone. Give me a S-T-O-N-E-S, what's that spell? Yeah, now let's get busy preparing for those overpriced tickets next year!

Blessed be the Cheerleaders!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 6, 2011 15:58

thewatchman
Gazza
thewatchman

Would wildly enthusiastic work better for ya, mate? Can't think of one live performance I have ever seen that wasn't at least that.

Back in the days of screaming teenagers, they used to say there wasn't a dry seat in the house after a Stones show... so maybe Gazza's right.

Date: April 6, 2011 17:26

seriously, though....with the possible exception of the theater shows (i've seen 3), for which you'd expect a certain level of euphoria...have other concert-goers experienced anything approximating a state of frenzy at a stones show? i'm talking since maybe 1989. i haven't seen that, nor would i expect it. it's grownups at a rock'n'roll concert....the stones don't get their aged fanbase more jacked up than the next act. at concerts where fans and the bands are younger, of course you see a greater degree of "frenzy," just like it was when the stones were younger.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2044
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home