Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Advice please < stones related >
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 4, 2014 08:42

Unfortuately my wife had to have major surgery last sunday, i have hotel, flights and tickets for the Paris concert booked in which i now have to cancel.

I am assuming the best way to try and get some money back is through my travel insurance, i dare say other people on this board have been in the same situation, if so and with out going into too much detail how did you get on.

Re: Advice please < stones related >
Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: June 4, 2014 10:08

Hope your wife is ok!
Unfortunately I have no advise for your insurance predicament. Check the small print!

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 4, 2014 10:18

No experience with that, Odean.
Travel insurance, depending on the contract off course, might be able to compensate however. Major surgery is a valid reason for compensation in most cases...

Hey, I feel for you & your wife!
It's never enjoyable to miss out on a great Stones show; especially after you've been looking forward to it, no doubt.
But the health issue of 'major surgery' is a gazillion times more important; so I too hope y'r wife is doing fine now - and that you're able to hold the pressure. For it cenrtainly ain't easy for you either!

Take care, bro' -
kudos!

Date: June 4, 2014 10:26

Thanks for the kind words.

I think Paris is fated for me, i was booked for the concert there last time when Keith fell out of the coconut tree, but saying that still had three very enjoyable days in Paris.

I was obviously looking forward to the concert, but also four days touring round Paris observing the sights etc.

My wife has told me to go, but i know deep down it would not be the same with out her and also i would be worrying on how she is getting on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-04 10:52 by odean73.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 4, 2014 10:51

odean73

My wife has told me to go, but i know deep down it would not be the same with out her and also i would be worrying on how she is getting on.

...That is mighty fine of you - it shows your true Soul. and you're absolutely right!! It wouldn't be the same.
You'll have no problemo whatsoever being at home, when that gig is on. You'll know you're in the right spot, and that you did the right thing...
So I hope the Paris concert will be widely covered on here & on Youtube; that way you'll be a part of it nonetheless - and the Stones will be coming to both of YOU, in stead of the other way around! winking smiley

Date: June 4, 2014 11:30

At this moment of time i do really appreciate those kind words.

Thanks.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: June 4, 2014 12:08

vertigojoe
Hope your wife is ok!

Me too!

I had to cancel a trip a few years ago in similar circumstances, and there was totally NO problem with recouping the air fares.

Depending on the small print in the policy, you may be able to get back the Hotel costs... and there's a tiny tiny chance for the tickets.

Ring the insurance people as soon as possible.

Date: June 4, 2014 12:15

CaptainCorella
vertigojoe
Hope your wife is ok!

Me too!

I had to cancel a trip a few years ago in similar circumstances, and there was totally NO problem with recouping the air fares.

Depending on the small print in the policy, you may be able to get back the Hotel costs... and there's a tiny tiny chance for the tickets.

Ring the insurance people as soon as possible.

Thanks.thumbs up

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 4, 2014 13:38

my best wishes for your wife . godspeed !!!!!!!!

Date: June 4, 2014 14:38

TheGreek
my best wishes for your wife . godspeed !!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 4, 2014 18:41

You are a Wonderful husband and your wife is a lucky woman. I wish your wife a speedy recovery. Good luck trying to recoup costs. Travel insurance is always wise.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 4, 2014 18:46

So sorry to hear that odeon73.

Wishing your wife a speedy recovery and hope everything works out fine. thumbs up

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 4, 2014 18:54

Dear odean,

first of all, all the best wishes to you and your wife!

I have been in a similar situation before.

Cancelling the hotel has been easy for me, as it allowed late cancellations. Tell them what happened.

Regarding the flights: These might be covered by your insurance, but if not, cancel them. You won't get back the money for the flight itself, but for taxes, kerosin extra costs, etc...

Regarding the tickets: me and a friend do have tickets for Paris, too. A customer of our bookshop is looking for some. If you want to, I could get you in contact with him. Please feel free to send me an e-mail: patrick_musial(@)yahoo.de.

All the best to you!

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: June 4, 2014 19:05

I can't help with advice on travel insurance - don't really know what you need to do.

I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear what's happened - and really wish your wife well as soon as possible.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 4, 2014 19:10

I have no advice to offer but will extend my best wishes to your wife for a speedy & thorough recovery.

Here's wishing you both all the best! smileys with beer

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: June 4, 2014 19:21

Thanks for all the kind words and advice.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 4, 2014 19:31

Hi Mike,

Only just read this: as every one else has said, all the very best to you and your wife. I am gutted for you but it is about priorities, isn't it? Easy for me to say, I know!

Regarding the idea of using travel insurance to reclaim costs- absolutely...that is what it is there for. Asap get in touch with your insurers and explain the sitch and they will ask you to provide some medical evidence to support your claim, as well as evidence of payment for flights and hotel etc..

Wishing you and Mrs Odean73 well, mate.

Cheers,

Simon.

Date: June 4, 2014 19:32

Papo
Dear odean,

Cancelling the hotel has been easy for me, as it allowed late cancellations. Tell them what happened.

Regarding the flights: These might be covered by your insurance, but if not, cancel them. You won't get back the money for the flight itself, but for taxes, kerosin extra costs, etc...

Regarding the tickets: me and a friend do have tickets for Paris, too. A customer of our bookshop is looking for some. If you want to, I could get you in contact with him. Please feel free to send me an e-mail: patrick_musial(@)yahoo.de.

All the best to you!

Hi Papo,

The tickets cost me £177.55 sterling, I would take £150 sterling for them.

They are email tickets, the ticket details are in my office at work and if still interested I can email the details tomorrow or if I get chance later on. What I can remember is that it is block A6.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 4, 2014 19:39

Sorry to hear about this, odean73. When I had major surgery myself, I had no difficulty getting an upcoming flight refunded--make sure you get the doctor/hospital to provide proof that it was medically impoosible for your wife to travel. I think they're actually obliged to refund it.

Date: June 4, 2014 19:45

SimonN
Hi Mike,

Only just read this: as every one else has said, all the very best to you and your wife. I am gutted for you but it is about priorities, isn't it? Easy for me to say, I know!

Regarding the idea of using travel insurance to reclaim costs- absolutely...that is what it is there for. Asap get in touch with your insurers and explain the sitch and they will ask you to provide some medical evidence to support your claim, as well as evidence of payment for flights and hotel etc..

Wishing you and Mrs Odean73 well, mate.

Cheers,

Simon.

Thanks Simon.

Perhaps Hyde Park could have been my last one.

Date: June 4, 2014 19:48

Aquamarine
Sorry to hear about this, odean73. When I had major surgery myself, I had no difficulty getting an upcoming flight refunded--make sure you get the doctor/hospital to provide proof that it was medically impoosible for your wife to travel. I think they're actually obliged to refund it.

Thanks, I will ask at the hospital this evening for written proof of not able to fly.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 4, 2014 20:00

Hi Mike,

You never know...hell, Keith doesn't know either! Best wishes and keep your chin up...

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 4, 2014 21:54

All the best for your wife

Nate

Date: June 4, 2014 22:55

Nate
All the best for your wife

Nate

Thanks.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 4, 2014 23:26

Sorry for you and your wife odean. I know it sucks. Nothing I can do about that. Had similar experiences. But when it comes to money, there is only one thing. Get in touch with your insurancecompany ASAP. That's what insurances are for. Good luck to the both of you.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 5, 2014 00:26

Rolling Hansie
Sorry for you and your wife odean. I know it sucks. Nothing I can do about that. Had similar experiences. But when it comes to money, there is only one thing. Get in touch with your insurancecompany ASAP. That's what insurances are for. Good luck to the both of you.

I am in touch with insurance company and fingers crossed should be ok.

I would like to say a big thanks for all the kind words said.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 5, 2014 00:38

Good luck to you and your wife, odean73. It's sad to hear this and I hope everything will be alright with you and your wife. smiling smiley

Date: June 5, 2014 06:36

Cristiano Radtke
Good luck to you and your wife, odean73. It's sad to hear this and I hope everything will be alright with you and your wife. smiling smiley

Thanks.

Date: June 5, 2014 11:04

Papo
Dear odean,

All the best to you!

If you are still interested, the 2 tickets are Block A6 and looks like row 24 and seats 28 & 29.

They cost me £177 and willing to accept £150 sterling. No worries if not interested.

Date: June 5, 2014 15:00

Hotel in Paris have offered me alternative dates, but if i dont accept i will lose all of the money.

Not sure what to do.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2006
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home