Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Advice please < stones related >
Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: June 5, 2014 15:08

hey buddy ,good luck i am sure she happy you stay with her,hope she will get better soon and dancing to the stones,life is full of ups and down,need to postive for your lovely wife,good luck and i hope all goes well for her and you.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 5, 2014 15:11

Hi Odean-
(1) Is the price you quoted for tickets for the pair?

(2) If you and your wife are interested in seeing more of Paris at a later date, accept their offer, if not, it will cost your more to visit a place you're not really interested in seeing again when you consider other traveling expenses. Did you cancel air tickets yet?

(3) Since your wife said to go, and assuming there are friends and/or family to assist her, accept her true gift of love and go yourself...you'll only be gone a few days!!!!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 5, 2014 15:20

steffialicia
Hi Odean-
(1) Is the price you quoted for tickets for the pair?

(2) If you and your wife are interested in seeing more of Paris at a later date, accept their offer, if not, it will cost your more to visit a place you're not really interested in seeing again when you consider other traveling expenses. Did you cancel air tickets yet?

(3) Since your wife said to go, and assuming there are friends and/or family to assist her, accept her true gift of love and go yourself...you'll only be gone a few days!!!!

<1> Yes its for the pair.

<2> I was also thinking this as well, we both like Paris and i know when things get better we would have something to look forward to. I still have the air tickets at the moment.

<3> I have thought about this, but i know deep down i would not be happy in Paris or at the concert knowing the pain she had gone through and was still experiencing.

Date: June 5, 2014 15:57

If you and your wife are interested in seeing more of Paris, take their offer of alternate dates. If not, let it go. You will spend more when you add in travel expenses, etc. for a trip you don't want to take.

Or...

Your wife offered a true gift of love when she told you to go. If there are friends and/or family available to assist her, grab a buddy and go or go alone. Remember, when you have a chance to see the Stones, GRAB IT!!!!!

Best wishes to you and Mrs.

Date: June 5, 2014 18:51

I will discuss the options with my wife tonight.

we will probably end going back and enjoy paris in the summer/autumn time.

Thanks

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 5, 2014 23:44

Take it easy Mr and Mrs odean73, and I do hope all go's well for you and your family. thumbs up

Date: June 6, 2014 06:47

Its going to be a long haul, but we will get there at the end of the day.

31st anniversary today as well. [ D-day as well ]

Thanks for those kind words and your reviews.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 7, 2014 04:19

I agree with STEFF, I think if your wife is really OK, you should consider going. She is out of danger, just go for 2 or 3 days, it will do you good. Take a very good friend, let him pay his share so you won't lose out on hotel expenses. It may be your very last chance to see the Boys, but really I say this only if your wife is not in danger.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: June 7, 2014 04:39

Good luck to your wife!

I was unable to attend a Paul McCartney concert last year because my brother-in-law suddenly died on the morning of the show. I had to be with my wife and in-laws that weekend. I gave my tickets to a long-time colleague who lives nearby. She and her husband don't get out much for rock shows and had a great time.

Date: June 7, 2014 12:37

mickschix
I agree with STEFF, I think if your wife is really OK, you should consider going. She is out of danger, just go for 2 or 3 days, it will do you good. Take a very good friend, let him pay his share so you won't lose out on hotel expenses. It may be your very last chance to see the Boys, but really I say this only if your wife is not in danger.

My wife came out of hospital yesterday, I think it's too soon myself, but that's hospitals for you in this country. I have to say the hospital staff have been brilliant thou.
I have been secretly hoping that I might be able to go, but seeing the pain my wife is in and the difficulties in doing simple things like even getting out of the chair etc I know I just have to let it go.

Once again thanks for all advice and kind words.

If anybody interested there are two tickets being advertised in the sold out section at a reduced price.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 7, 2014 12:59

Sad... I hope she'll get better soon! thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-07 13:00 by dcba.

Date: June 7, 2014 14:38

So glad to hear that Mrs. is back home although I agree, hospitals are crazy these days. Once again I must say you are a wonderful husband.

I wish I could take those tickets but alas, I am unable. Let's pray real hard for another tour (US please.)

Date: June 7, 2014 15:51

steffialicia
So glad to hear that Mrs. is back home although I agree, hospitals are crazy these days. Once again I must say you are a wonderful husband.

I wish I could take those tickets but alas, I am unable. Let's pray real hard for another tour (US please.)

Don't know about the wonderful husband Haha, but thanks.

She might treat me to a US concert or a South America one.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 7, 2014 19:29

Sending billows of well-being to your wife and to you

Date: June 8, 2014 00:27

with sssoul
Sending billows of well-being to your wife and to you

Thanks.

Unfortunately my wife had to go back to hospital today.

Please tell me BV if its getting to morbid posting on here, I would fully understand or anybody else.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 8, 2014 00:33

Thinking about you and your wife and hoping all go's well. thumbs up

Date: June 8, 2014 00:39

crawdaddy
Thinking about you and your wife and hoping all go's well. thumbs up

Cheers.

Date: June 8, 2014 00:56

When you have a moment, please let us know how it's going. All my best wishes to you both.

Date: June 8, 2014 01:09

steffialicia
When you have a moment, please let us know how it's going. All my best wishes to you both.

Thankfully back home after around 5 hours at the hospital, taken a couple of staples out from the surgery area. Have to say the hospital staff have been fantastic.

Don't want to go into much detail as its not a very nice experience.

Once again thanks for all the kind words and best wishes.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 8, 2014 03:44

odean73
Hotel in Paris have offered me alternative dates, but if i dont accept i will lose all of the money.

Not sure what to do.

Same thing happened to me this week with hotel, because I had booked non-refundable.
Airline should refund, especially if you have insurance. Mine required a doctor's excuse.

Ticket, you will likely just have to resell.

All this is to agree that you might be too worried to enjoy yourself. If you think you still want to go though,
by all means do. So sorry, odean, but some things are more important, only a few things. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 8, 2014 14:07

Thanks angee.

Still talking to the hotel, they want to set us a set date, I am asking them to be a bit more flexible, if not will go to the insurance.

Flights still waiting for a response, if not will try the insurance again.

Tickets are up for sale on the sold out section, not really bothered about tickets to be honest.

Date: July 2, 2014 22:04

They say behind every dark cloud there is a silver lining. Due to the French air strike, I managed to get my flight money back as we should be in Spain at this moment of time enjoying a few days in the sun.

My wife still in a bit of pain, but affection has now gone and making steady but slow progress.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: July 2, 2014 22:18

Slow & steady wins the race... At least I think I remember hearing that somewhere.

As glad as I am to hear that you got your ticket money refunded, I'm even more glad to hear that your wife is making steady recovery, even if it is slow.

All the best to both of you!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 2, 2014 22:26

mr_dja

+1. thumbs up

Date: July 2, 2014 22:27

mr_dja
Slow & steady wins the race... At least I think I remember hearing that somewhere.

As glad as I am to hear that you got your ticket money refunded, I'm even more glad to hear that your wife is making steady recovery, even if it is slow.

Thanks.

Will be sending my paperwork off to the travel insurers tomorrow regarding monies paid out for the Paris concert/long weekend, so fingers crossed for that

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 2, 2014 22:28

Right on

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: July 2, 2014 23:47

Cheers.thumbs up

Date: July 15, 2014 08:52

Update.

Glad to report that i have Just recieved my insurance money for my cancelled trip to Paris.

More or less what i expected after sending a 26 page document including invoices, correspondance with airlines, hotels etc.

so it is well worth it, in doing the necessary 'hard' work and keeping all paperwork.

Also just to say my wife is recovering quite well and getting better every day.

thanks for all the kind words and wishes.thumbs up

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 15, 2014 10:00

Great news, on all counts! smiling smiley

Date: July 15, 2014 11:15

Aquamarine
Great news, on all counts! smiling smiley

thumbs up

Fingers crossed for a couple of Uk concerts next year to make up for this tour.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 822
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home