Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Anyone else really like this...?
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: April 3, 2011 08:38

Re: Anyone else really like this...?
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: April 3, 2011 10:42

He can be good can't he...

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 3, 2011 12:53

yeah i love this. Ronnie is a thoroughbred

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 3, 2011 13:07

Love it. I have the DVD and it's really good. I'd like him to release the one from 2005 as well (The one with Mick Jagger on Dance). Heard it was a great show.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: johnh ()
Date: April 3, 2011 16:26

what DVD is this from then? Is it available......
john

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: April 3, 2011 16:47

I think it's very obvious how much enjoys this, and how it shows more and more that the Stones is just where he earns his money...

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: April 4, 2011 11:51

>>>what DVD is this from then? Is it available.

The DVD is called Far East Man. Highly recommended and yes, it is supposed to be still
available: Amazon

Date: April 4, 2011 13:03

Beautiful. No clowning around by Ronnie. I very much think that all the individual Stones have done their finest, and most dedicated work of the latter years on solo stages. Ron has a core group of people with Slash, Jesse, Kelley Jones, Andrea Corr, Andy Newmark. Its about friends as well as music.
Same goes for Keith with the Winos, a superb band in every sense. But Keith also scores high with the Wingless Angels project.
Charlie is still the busiest of the lot. His projects aside from the Stones are surely about love. The albums of standards he's done like "Long Ago" and "warm & Tender", the drum project album with Keltner, the ABCDn thing.
Say what you will about Wyman, but in many ways he has walked the talk more than anyone else.
Jagger it seems may need the Stones more than anyone else when it comes to putting out good music. He has shown that he can't really handle a strong producer (like Rubin), sticks with folks like Dave Stewart and delivers crap.

Veered off the subject of Ronnie a bit.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: April 4, 2011 15:15

JumpingKentFlash
Love it. I have the DVD and it's really good. I'd like him to release the one from 2005 as well (The one with Mick Jagger on Dance). Heard it was a great show.

I was at both shows. Both great - Ronnie was rat-arsed at the 'Far East Man' gig. (Nothing unusual for that time I suppose) - abiding memory was Ronnie being introduced as the 'Prime minister of twang' or something like that and then tottering on stage as Hey Negrita kicked in. Also Slash coming on and the two of them jamming through Paradise city was a memorable moment.

The Drury Lane show was awesome - Ronnie sober (I think) and killer rhythm section of Andy Newmark and Willie Weeks. The atmoshere was great, but when Mick suddenly appeared to do 'Dance' the whole place errupted. Amazing how one person's presence can change the energy of a room so much.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 4, 2011 15:21

I don't like it ... I love it !!!
Actually that goes for the whole DVD. One great family party.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 5, 2011 01:49

Palace, I know that I speak for many here who think that Mick's solo efforts are not " crap"! Bad choice of word.

Date: April 5, 2011 05:09

mickschix
Palace, I know that I speak for many here who think that Mick's solo efforts are not " crap"! Bad choice of word.
Yes, bad choice of word in wrong context.. "Wandering Spirit" and "Goddess" are both top albums. As is "Alfie" soundtrack.

Date: April 5, 2011 05:11

mickschix
Yes, bad choice of word in wrong context.. "Wandering Spirit" and "Goddess" are both top albums. As is "Alfie" soundtrack.
The point I was trying to make was about the band. IMO Jagger would do better in the solo arena if he put real band together.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1722
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home