Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
No Security
Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: April 1, 2011 03:15

Probably been asked before but I have to ask: Is the cover of No Security a picture of two guys? I'm not passing judgement...just asking. I have been told a few times that it is. Well, is it? Peace to you all.

Re: No Security
Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: April 1, 2011 03:34

I think this has been asked before but to my memory it's just a male/female couple before the start of a B2B show in, hmm, Poland maybe?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 1, 2011 03:37

The girl is hard and masculine. The guy is soft and feminine. It's supposed to be ironic.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 1, 2011 03:42

The girl's a freak. I wonder how much money they got paid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-01 03:45 by More Hot Rocks.

Date: April 1, 2011 03:45

I like freaky girls ... to a point anyway winking smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 1, 2011 04:07

Worst of all Rolling Stones album covers, even Dirty Work.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 1, 2011 04:59

No security is the rolling stones album I have listened to the least, no more than five times. As a comparison, I have listened to Sticky Fingers more than 100 times.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Date: April 1, 2011 05:08

71Tele, I agree with a lot of your sentiments. Probably 90% or more. But worse than Dirty Work? The pastels??? And Charlie looks positively ashamed to be there.

Date: April 1, 2011 05:09

I never knew it was supposed to be ironic; the guy doesn't really look soft to me, and the girl..she's is kind of cool

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 1, 2011 05:31

Mick said he went through various pics of fans outside a Stones show put picked that photo because, (paraphrase from memory), "The album was titled NO SECURITY and I picked that photo because the couple looks like they're living on the fringes; a precarious life of literally no security." I wondered if the couple—who were doubtless thrilled to be on the cover—were unhappy when they subsequently read Mick's reasoning!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 1, 2011 05:46

theimposter
71Tele, I agree with a lot of your sentiments. Probably 90% or more. But worse than Dirty Work? The pastels??? And Charlie looks positively ashamed to be there.

Well, I was ashamed to have bought it.confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-01 05:47 by 71Tele.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 1, 2011 06:07

Title5Take1
Mick said he went through various pics of fans outside a Stones show put picked that photo because, (paraphrase from memory), "The album was titled NO SECURITY and I picked that photo because the couple looks like they're living on the fringes; a precarious life of literally no security." I wondered if the couple—who were doubtless thrilled to be on the cover—were unhappy when they subsequently read Mick's reasoning!

I'd like to think they read about it on a Sunday afternoon, and were surprised to learn, as they did their laundry, dishes, and grocery shopping, that they were living precariously on the fringes.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 1, 2011 06:26

On those Euro dates they made photos of many fans. They all had to sign that the pics could be used later.
I forgot whether there was talk of any money.By the way the 2 weren't a pair but got pictured together because of the contrast.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 1, 2011 06:57

theimposter
I think this has been asked before but to my memory it's just a male/female couple before the start of a B2B show in, hmm, Poland maybe?

November 4: Who's on the No Security cover?
The No Security CD is now out all over the world, and Stones fans may enjoy the memories of the BtB tour.
The front cover photo is taken at the show in Wiener Neustadt, Austria, and the guy is Wolfgang Dusek, optician from Vienna. The girl is still not identified.

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 1, 2011 11:33

By the way it's the only album that was not reissued by Universal recently. Any idea why?

Date: April 1, 2011 11:34

71Tele

Even worse than B2B? No way, imo.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: April 1, 2011 15:30

One of the best Stones live albums..

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: April 1, 2011 16:06

Great Live Album!!!!

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: April 1, 2011 16:28

71Tele

The image used for the No Security cover ia a very original choice IMO. I found the Steel Wheels cover to be a bit dull. And the Dirty Work cover has nothing to do with the contents of the album. Worst cover, but not the first time the Stones looked embarrassing smiling smiley

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: April 1, 2011 16:37

The sound on the album is too thin, but the playing is great and the song choices were courageous. Unfortunately the Stones decided after No Security was released that they needed total security so the tour from 97-99 was their last ambitious one.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 1, 2011 17:10

I don't like the cover, it would be better using the B-stage backinside photo for the cover, but I like the album as I'm there in 2 of the selected songs (Out Of Control and Saint Of Me).

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 1, 2011 17:14

kowalski
By the way it's the only album that was not reissued by Universal recently. Any idea why?

It's funny you bring this up because I don't recall if any of the other live albums ever got reissued. The only other non-studio reissue I'm aware of is Jump Back.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 1, 2011 17:40

skipstone
It's funny you bring this up because I don't recall if any of the other live albums ever got reissued. The only other non-studio reissue I'm aware of is Jump Back.

Other live albums were reissued in late 2009. No Security wasn't. It seems quite to find it nowadays.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 1, 2011 17:52

Remember, UMe is a forward thinking label.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: April 1, 2011 21:27

It's great that we have such diverse tastes within Stones fandom. United by the love of Stones music, but divided by personal opinions and likes.

Personally I have loved No Security from the day of release. Album cover is one of my all time favourite covers. Ever, remember looking at it for ages while listening to the LP when it was originally released, and have loved it ever since, regularly give it a dust of and can listen to it from start to finish. Yep and that means Memory Motel too, and I know how popular Dave Mathews is on this board.

Horses for courses. We likes what we likes, It's a big enough world for everyone to have a different opinion without others getting their knickers in a twist.

Keep on rockin (or not, if you prefer) grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-01 21:27 by Monkeytonkman.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 1, 2011 21:35

I believe back in 2009, Universal remarked that NO SECURITY will be reissued "at a later date." Not sure when that would be.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: April 1, 2011 21:36

This is the only Stones album I've never heard. I always judge book by their covers.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 1, 2011 21:43

WorriedAboutYou
This is the only Stones album I've never heard. I always judge book by their covers.

It's a pain you haven't heard me singing!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 1, 2011 21:48

This would've been better:

The tongue design for that tour is one of my top favorites.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 1, 2011 23:06

I read somewhere around the time of No Security release that the girl lives in
Amsterdam.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1081
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home