Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: First Buffalo Springfield Tour Dates Announced
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 31, 2011 02:58

Re: OT: First Buffalo Springfield Tour Dates Announced
Date: March 31, 2011 03:01

Dave Crosby said he wanted to make it a Buffalo Springfield AND Byrds tour, but McGuinn wasn't interested.

Date: March 31, 2011 03:50

Tickets are expensive, of course, but not off-the-charts expensive, considering what it is that you're seeing. More dates ARE expected to be announced, with a full tour planned for the fall. I seem to recall Young bailing out on the 1976 Stills-Young Band tour, but, hopefully, Richie's positive spirit and enthusiasm (check out the YouTube videos from the Oct. 2010 Bridge School shows) will keep the two massive egos standing on either side of him in check.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-31 14:04 by tatters.

Date: March 31, 2011 04:33

can't wait until more dates are announced

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: March 31, 2011 04:44

tatters
Dave Crosby said he wanted to make it a Buffalo Springfield AND Byrds tour, but McGuinn wasn't interested.

I saw McGuinn solo in Carlisle Pa. at a 500 seat theatre a couple of years ago. Fantastic. Lined his guitars, mandolins and banjos up behind him and proceeded to play every one of them. With a story attached. I dig you Roger McGuinn. He absolutely got me laid that night.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: March 31, 2011 04:48

I'll crawl through glass to go to the Oakland show.
By hook or by crook, I'll be there.

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: March 31, 2011 05:22

Rick Rosas on bass smiling smiley

Date: March 31, 2011 05:27

tatters

Richie's positive spirit and enthusiasm (check out the YouTube videos from the Oct. 2010 Bridge School shows) will keep the two massive egos on either side of him in check.

You have to think that they were never finished as a group because they broke up after 18 months.

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: March 31, 2011 07:12

Buffalo Springfield Again.

I can't wait!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 31, 2011 10:03

Really hope they make it to England.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 31, 2011 16:55

I just met ole Roger last summer and he's sweet! We took a few pictures together,he signed a few photos for me; he is a very charming but shy man! The set list is incredible. He does an obscure favorite called " Chestnut Mare" that made my week! I had asked him to play it and sure enough, he did. ( I'm sure he didn't play it JUST for me, but still, I appreciated it. It brought me back to my high school days when I had a boyfriend really into that tune. ) What a skilled guitar player! I have always loved the sound of a 12-string acoustic guitar. I encourage anyone who loves the music of the Byrds to rush to get a good seat at one of his shows.

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: March 31, 2011 17:09

It goes on pre-sale today at 10:00 am. Pacific Standard Time (U.S.A.) for the Fox Theatre. IT is a killer little theatre too!

The password is 'bakesale'. They were amazing at the Bridge School Benefit, I may go, but being an elementary school teacher and being the last week of school- it is rough!!!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 31, 2011 18:23

mickschix
I just met ole Roger last summer and he's sweet! We took a few pictures together

Well, don't just keep them to yourself !

Date: March 31, 2011 18:57

Hey Lee, if I was computer savvy, I'd send a few of these photos to you but I am just not capable!! I've wanted to send my 1978 Stones concert photos to this board for years but I am just flunked computer 101 unfortunately.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 1, 2011 02:44

They're doing two nights in L.A. at the Wiltern in June, the small art deco palace the Stones played a few years back with Solomon Burke. Not a bad seat in the house.

Date: April 1, 2011 03:40

mickschix
I just met ole Roger last summer and he's sweet! We took a few pictures together,he signed a few photos for me; he is a very charming but shy man! The set list is incredible. He does an obscure favorite called " Chestnut Mare" that made my week! I had asked him to play it and sure enough, he did. ( I'm sure he didn't play it JUST for me, but still, I appreciated it.

He definitely played it just for you. He was asking for requests from the audience and played a couple of things that people shouted out when I saw him. Chestnut Mare has got to be one of the most beautiful songs ever.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 1, 2011 07:31

Tomorrow will be my first shot going for the Wiltern, if that doesn't work out, then next week I go for Santa Barbara.

Date: April 1, 2011 17:45

That's sweet, Brue!winking smiley Well, OK, to think he played that for me made my day! Roger is such an under-rated performer, I will use any chance I get to tell people that seeing him in concert is a wonderful experience. I'm glad that others love one of my all-timefavorite songs...I thought it was very obscure, guess not!

Date: April 1, 2011 20:35

Got my tix, for June 4th!

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: April 1, 2011 21:18

BluzDude

I got screwed. The Ticketbastard website kept rejecting my security check words and I finally just called them and tried it that way. All the "cheap" seats are gone, big surprise, but I can still get an orchestra pair for a mere $552.
F*** that.
Really sucks.
Anyway, have a good time!

Date: April 2, 2011 02:34

mickschix
That's sweet, Brue!winking smiley Well, OK, to think he played that for me made my day! Roger is such an under-rated performer, I will use any chance I get to tell people that seeing him in concert is a wonderful experience. I'm glad that others love one of my all-timefavorite songs...I thought it was very obscure, guess not!

It's no Mr. Tambourine Man, but I wouldn't say it was VERY obscure. It was on the Byrds Greatest Hits Vol. 2.

Date: April 2, 2011 02:38

tatters
mickschix

It's no Mr. Tambourine Man, but I wouldn't say it was VERY obscure. It was on the Byrds Greatest Hits Vol. 2.

My older brother had that album. That's where I heard that voice from heaven

I'm gonna find that horse if I ca-hann>

Date: April 2, 2011 02:55

likecats
BluzDude

I got screwed. The Ticketbastard website kept rejecting my security check words and I finally just called them and tried it that way. All the "cheap" seats are gone, big surprise, but I can still get an orchestra pair for a mere $552.
F*** that.
Really sucks.
Same thing happened to me with the security check. The cheap seats (about $90+ were instantly gone, I think they were the last 2 rows.) I was going to get a pair for my wife and I but they didn't exist. She didn't want to go if I had to spend more, so I got a single seat in the mid price ($150+fees) in the 4th row lodge, wasn't going to pay $250.
But good news for those who got shut out, price range for Santa Barbara which goes on sale next Saturday is $45 - $150.

Date: April 2, 2011 02:59

likecats
BluzDude

F*** that.
Really sucks.

I thought they would be more expensive than that, to tell you the truth. Neil is playing near me next month and tickets top out at $188.50. And that's just for him, solo. I'll spring for Springfield tickets if I can possibly afford it and don't have to drive through too many of these United States to get there. This is something very special. It's got to be THE unlikeliest of reunions. And it's coming after SUCH a long time. Bobby Kennedy and Martin Luther King were still alive the last time they toured!

Date: April 2, 2011 03:09

BluzDude
likecats
BluzDude

F*** that.
Really sucks.
Same thing happened to me with the security check. The cheap seats (about $90+ were instantly gone, I think they were the last 2 rows.) I was going to get a pair for my wife and I but they didn't exist. She didn't want to go if I had to spend more, so I got a single seat in the mid price ($150+fees) in the 4th row lodge, wasn't going to pay $250.
But good news for those who got shut out, price range for Santa Barbara which goes on sale next Saturday is $45 - $150.

What's the seating capacity in Santa Barbara?

Date: April 2, 2011 03:13

tatters

What's the seating capacity in Santa Barbara?

Date: April 2, 2011 03:15

Neil Young at the Hipprodrome for two nights in Harm City this month. Prices range from $121 to $583 per ticket. This one's for you, Gazza, since you have so much trouble adapting I may be required to get a $291 (orchestra R) ticket because the cheaper ones are sold out.

Mmm that's good

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: April 7, 2011 01:45

BluzDude
likecats
BluzDude

F*** that.
Really sucks.
I ended up doing the same thing. Something opened up in the loge for $171, including fees, and I decided to go for it. I still think that's very expensive for mediocre seating, but I guess it's comparable to Rolling Stones prices.
I thought about Santa Barbara also but that would be a lot more hassle to get to on a week night than L.A. on a Sunday.
Anyway, I've seen various configurations of Neil Young, CSN, The Byrds, and CSNY, but not Buffalo Springfield so I figured it's now or never.

Date: April 7, 2011 17:09

Roger is playing a tiny, out of the way venue here in Massachusetts on Saturday night. It's the theatre at the Clark Art Institute in Williamstown, Ma ( in the Berkshires of Western Massachusetts). If I weren't recovering from hip replacement surgery, I'd be there!! If anyone is interested, you should call the Clark for ticket info.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 7, 2011 17:25

it's not the unlikeliest of reunions. ccr, densmore with doors mates, mt with stones mates come to immediate mind as more unlikely. burdon with war, too.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2296
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home